Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

(Original post by Tootles)
    Congratulations, you're one of trillions of people to have grown up that way.
    I know, my parents are old-fashioned like that

(Original post by ubisoft)
    I didn't have a phone until I went to college either. No big deal.
    Really? Everytime someone asks for my no. and i say that i don't have a phone they find it bizarre like i'm an alien or something

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    I've never brought it up, because i'm the oldest child my parents want to make sure i'm not chatting to any other person and keep my on the right path if that makes sense
    Yeah I get that, but do you not think, it would be useful if you did discuss this topic with them.

ReputationRep:
    Really? Everytime someone asks for my no. and i say that i don't have a phone they find it bizarre like i'm an alien or something
    Yeah, I did have an iPod though with Facebook and WhatsApp so maybe it doesn't count.

ReputationRep:
    Why did you make a ****ty AMA thread whilst anonymous like everyone else who does?

(Original post by Raeesa.x)
    Yeah I get that, but do you not think, it would be useful if you did discuss this topic with them.
    tbh i'm a bit scared, if i asked they'll probably be like why do you want one - they don't see the need of one until i'm a bit older

(Original post by ubisoft)
    Yeah, I did have an iPod though with Facebook and WhatsApp so maybe it doesn't count.
    yeah i guess it doesn't i don't have that

(Original post by Vikingninja)
    Why did you make a ****ty AMA thread whilst anonymous like everyone else who does?
    It's anonymous because i want to be is there a problem with that?

ReputationRep:
    tbh i'm a bit scared, if i asked they'll probably be like why do you want one - they don't see the need of one until i'm a bit older
    Ohhh i understand, so what age do you think your parents might give you a phone at?

Ohhh i understand, so what age do you think your parents might give you a phone at?
    like 18 I think - after 6th form but before uni

ReputationRep:
    Do your parents have phones?
    Would they take it off you if you bought one yourself?

ReputationRep:
    Oh right, well that okay then. if you dont mind me asking does it affect you what you dont have a phone?

(Original post by DarkMagic)
    Do your parents have phones?
    Would they take it off you if you bought one yourself?
    They both have phones
    I wouldn't buy one cuz they'd probably think I went behind their back and I'm hiding summit

Oh right, well that okay then. if you dont mind me asking does it affect you what you dont have a phone?
    Yes it does affect me - only one my friend has contact with me and even then I had to give her my mums phone no. so it's not the same. Every time someone asks for my no. I'm unable to give them one and because I get on with them well they distance themselves because I have no means of normal teenage contact lol

ReputationRep:
    Just bought my first phone 2 months ago.

ReputationRep:
    Do you not stay in contact with friends through social networking site. Why dont you talk to you parents and say to them that you really want a phone so you can stay in contact with friends and that you wont miss use the phone

ReputationRep:
    As in the title
    Why are you anon? I'm sure no one gives two ****s enough to care?

I've never brought it up, because i'm the oldest child my parents want to make sure i'm not chatting to any other person and keep my on the right path if that makes sense
    oldest child :sigh: i only got mine in sixth form and then as soon as i got one my younger siblings got one too and they got better phones than me

i know exactly how ya feel

do you like cheese? :ahee:

ReputationRep:
    what are your grades like?

not allowed one either because of my brother's stupid actions - we all have to suffer T_T

Poll
Do you like carrot cake?
Useful resources
AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.