The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Gears265
But even when they smother their ears in a bunch of piercings it can be a turnoff. One is enough per ear

Yeah, just one in each earlobe, my bio teacher has like 50 in each and hers are completely mangled so she hides her ears with her hair
Reply 21
Original post by wobuaini
Yeah, just one in each earlobe, my bio teacher has like 50 in each and hers are completely mangled so she hides her ears with her hair

50? Disgusting, these people are really something else
Makes me want to vomit if I am going to be honest

I don't really care to be honest. I think they are sexy af.
I like face piercings. As long as it isn't overboard I like it.

As to piercings in... other places. Well know one else is going to see them except you. I'd probably like that as well :ninja:
(edited 8 years ago)
50? Disgusting, these people are really something else

Haha, not actually 50... but there are at least 10 in each and she has 37 piercings in total on her body...
I usually associate both with an unhealthy lifestyle which involves drug use and excessive alcohol consumption.
Original post by RivalPlayer
I usually associate both with an unhealthy lifestyle which involves drug use and excessive alcohol consumption.

A lot of the people I know (even middle class) with small tattoos do drugs
Original post by RiotGirll
A lot of the people I know (even middle class) with small tattoos do drugs

Yeah, it's something that isn't exclusive to one class.
No, the topic of the face refers to facial piercings (nose, lips, brows, chin ect.), with tattoos I mean anywhere on the body. They are just a Chavy characteristic. If a girl is covered in tattoos or piercings I stay well away from that

Good to know you consider Winston Churchill to be chavy.
Certain piercings can be attractive if they're done in moderation.
Tattoos can be beautiful if they're done well and/or have special significance.

Personally, I like the creative side of both practises; they can be very artistic. :biggrin:
However, as with anything fashion-related, the alternative look will only work its magic for certain people.

Others just can't pull it off.
Whether you like them or not is completely irrelevant though. If you've got them truly for yourself then I hardly think you'd give a **** what other people think about it.
They are just ugly are they not and horrible?

Agreed.

Original post by Johann von Gauss
All civilized people find them a turn off...

Agreed as well. This is one of those topics where those against shouldn't bother explaining their stance; if you don't get their view, you never will.

Those for will say the same-if you don't see their view you never will.
No, any guy who wears piercings is borderline homosexual in my eyes. They are the pretty boy types who like to tan, go to spas and ****. Guys who cross that line are trying to engage with femininity which we all know for a guy is pretty gay

:facepalm:

Confirmation bias anyone?

Silly silly boy.
nose rings are cool like left or right nostral
Have any of you (that are opposed) ever come to think that’s why we do it lol? I don’t see why it should concern you - It’s not harming anyone and it’s not your body...
(edited 3 years ago)

mohican hair (Just spike and rest bald is pretty ugly too)

I can understand why for sure! I am a straight female, and wouldn't mind minimal tattoos/piercings (although tattoos on the face would be a complete turnoff)... but somehow I imagine that if I was going to date girls, tattoos and face piercings would suddenly be much more of a turnoff. Idk why... but I think especially with women, it contradicts femininity, and usually that is what the majority of men are attracted to
Original post by nursingstudentuk
I can understand why for sure! I am a straight female, and wouldn't mind minimal tattoos/piercings (although tattoos on the face would be a complete turnoff)... but somehow I imagine that if I was going to date girls, tattoos and face piercings would suddenly be much more of a turnoff. Idk why... but I think especially with women, it contradicts femininity, and usually that is what the majority of men are attracted to

no tattoos and unnecessary piercings are ugly on everyone
Original post by mmm. donuts.
no tattoos and unnecessary piercings are ugly on everyone

If you say so, but I think they can be kinda hot on guys, and super ugly on girls lol

Latest

Trending

Trending