Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

please please PLEASE help me watch

Announcements

(Original post by Andy98)
    Right.....Out of curiosity, which uni are you looking at?
    anywhere outside of london - Manchester would be great

(Original post by beautifulbigmacs)
    Definitely see your gp.

I really resent the mindless difficulty and upset that can come with the A2 year in particular.

It had a negative influence on me ans I say that ten years later.

You must must must see your gp.

Wishing you well.
    thank you i'll try I'm seeing them for a blood test anyway so i'll try to bring it up... and wow it was long lasting? thank you
    • Study Helper
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Study Helper
    Welcome Squad
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    anywhere outside of london - Manchester would be great
    Ahhh, I'm looking at Lincoln mainly - the problem is I need to find a group of people to pool together and rent/buy a house together for the time I'm at uni, because the maintenance loan won't cover the accommodation....So I'm kinda screwed there

Ahhh, I'm looking at Lincoln mainly - the problem is I need to find a group of people to pool together and rent/buy a house together for the time I'm at uni, because the maintenance loan won't cover the accommodation....So I'm kinda screwed there
    hmmm why not start a thread and ask?
    • Study Helper
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Study Helper
    Welcome Squad
    hmmm why not start a thread and ask?
    Because I've been on this site long enough to know the odd people that would be likely to reply

Probably wouldn't get a serious response anyway

Because I've been on this site long enough to know the odd people that would be likely to reply

Probably wouldn't get a serious response anyway
    true... is anyone else you know going? what about going to an open day and talking to a bunch of kids? maybe on an interview day if you've got one? you could meet a few people... i'm tryna think of a website that allows you to find room mates - i don't know of one but i'm sure there is one out there you could try
    • Study Helper
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Study Helper
    Welcome Squad
    true... is anyone else you know going? what about going to an open day and talking to a bunch of kids? maybe on an interview day if you've got one? you could meet a few people... i'm tryna think of a website that allows you to find room mates - i don't know of one but i'm sure there is one out there you could try
    I dunno, I'll have a look round.

I dunno, I'll have a look round.
    okay yeah, good luck
    • Study Helper
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Study Helper
    Welcome Squad
    okay yeah, good luck
    Thanks, you too.

ReputationRep:
    Didn't read.

Man-up and grow some balls. (inb4 sexist)

ReputationRep:
    thank you i'll try I'm seeing them for a blood test anyway so i'll try to bring it up... and wow it was long lasting? thank you
    I still dream about my last year of A level and wish I wouldn't but I think that's related to a few specifics rather than just the fact that it was the last year of A level.

If your bloods come back normal then don't be fobbed off because there's are conditions that can make you very tired that don't relate/show in the blood.

(Original post by NathanDYE)
    Didn't read.

Man-up and grow some balls. (inb4 sexist)
    I'm a girl - kinda impossible but i'll try

(Original post by beautifulbigmacs)
    I still dream about my last year of A level and wish I wouldn't but I think that's related to a few specifics rather than just the fact that it was the last year of A level.

If your bloods come back normal then don't be fobbed off because there's are conditions that can make you very tired that don't relate/show in the blood.
    okay yeah i'll keep that in mind and talk to the doctors... thanks very much i'll try to make this year the best it can be...

ReputationRep:
    I'm a girl - kinda impossible but i'll try

okay yeah i'll keep that in mind and talk to the doctors... thanks very much i'll try to make this year the best it can be...

Not literally.......

ReputationRep:
    I agree with other posts; go see a GP. 2 years ago, during GCSE's someone I know was out of school for 6 months as the contracted something that made them always tired and they couldn't do anything, couldn't concentrate or work. Definitely something you would want to check. Another guy had it towards the end of GCSE's and it messed with his revision and work.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by elliotequo)
    I agree with other posts; go see a GP. 2 years ago, during GCSE's someone I know was out of school for 6 months as the contracted something that made them always tired and they couldn't do anything, couldn't concentrate or work. Definitely something you would want to check. Another guy had it towards the end of GCSE's and it messed with his revision and work.
    Chronic Fatigue Syndrome?

(Original post by elliotequo)
    whoa ... that's really scary
    i have been fine up until july - would be pretty ****ty timing if that's what i got seeing as it's my last and most important year

definitely seeing my doctor now thanks

ReputationRep:
    It's alright!! I sometimes feel the same way and find if I talk to someone I trust I feel better. Even if it's not for advice, letting it all out rather bottling it up is best.

Have you ever tried distressing things like meditation, colouring, or relaxing music with no lyrics. You might scoff at them (I did!!) but you need to find something that is right for you that calms you down. Exercise might be a good one as this will make you tired so you might find it easier to sleep.

Don't beat yourself up about your AS results you can only do your best, this year will be hard but keep going. YOU CAN DO IT!! Have you tried making a timetable each day of when your frees are and lessons. Then you can see where you need to work and where you can relax. You will only fail if you believe you will, so do your best as that is all anyone can expect.

Hope this all helps...

ReputationRep:
    You aren't eating enough, and on top of that/as a result of that you are probably also iron and/or vitamin D deficient. You need to start eating more, especially cerials which are fortified with iron and vitamin D. Good thing about sugary cereals is that you can snack on them dry without eating a proper meal, if you're struggling to do that then it could help bring your energy levels up.

(Original post by 9vickea)
    It's alright!! I sometimes feel the same way and find if I talk to someone I trust I feel better. Even if it's not for advice, letting it all out rather bottling it up is best.

Have you ever tried distressing things like meditation, colouring, or relaxing music with no lyrics. You might scoff at them (I did!!) but you need to find something that is right for you that calms you down. Exercise might be a good one as this will make you tired so you might find it easier to sleep.

Don't beat yourself up about your AS results you can only do your best, this year will be hard but keep going. YOU CAN DO IT!! Have you tried making a timetable each day of when your frees are and lessons. Then you can see where you need to work and where you can relax. You will only fail if you believe you will, so do your best as that is all anyone can expect.

Hope this all helps...
    thanks for the reply. Yeah i don't really have anyone to talk to about it - i can't tell anyone outside of the family because my family are strict about that and i don't want word getting round, and i can't talk to anyone inside my fam cos they're all delusional. I used to love to draw and idk why that faded - maybe i'll do that again...I've made a timetable and i'll try to stick to it. thank you very much it was helpful !

(Original post by redferry)
    You aren't eating enough, and on top of that/as a result of that you are probably also iron and/or vitamin D deficient. You need to start eating more, especially cerials which are fortified with iron and vitamin D. Good thing about sugary cereals is that you can snack on them dry without eating a proper meal, if you're struggling to do that then it could help bring your energy levels up.
    i do have vitamin D deficiency yeah, i like cereal too so i'll try that! thanks!

ReputationRep:
    thanks for the reply. Yeah i don't really have anyone to talk to about it - i can't tell anyone outside of the family because my family are strict about that and i don't want word getting round, and i can't talk to anyone inside my fam cos they're all delusional. I used to love to draw and idk why that faded - maybe i'll do that again...I've made a timetable and i'll try to stick to it. thank you very much it was helpful !

i do have vitamin D deficiency yeah, i like cereal too so i'll try that! thanks!
    I know from experience that really effects your mood!!!

Weetos are where it is at, and try and eat more eggs

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: November 11, 2015
Poll
Do you like carrot cake?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.