Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

Why are my family so jealous of me? watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Awesome Genius)
    Today I went home to see my cousins again. We had arranged lunch and an Indian movie. Our family is the only exposure they get to nice things, so they're always around.

I don't watch Indian movies because they are full of **** and aimed at people with no cerebrum. Anyway I still went to do them a favour.

And the whole time my aunt was ****ging off Oxbridge - saying it was for "pretentious people". Then my cousin called me "a ****" - she's like 14. And then finally my uncle chimed in saying that I'm "letting my profession down by chasing money". It just went on and on.

I just went back to my flat after like a few hours of this crap.

But it made me think, it's so sad that people become jealous of you because they can't achieve things in their own life.

Haters = jealous people.

Just ignore them and move on. True for TSR too.
    Because a lot of families don't love for some reason

When you love someone, you want them to do their best, and any amazing thing they achieve, you don't get jealous, but you're happy for them and encourage them, they don't hold you back

Some parents just lull their children into a false sense of love and belonging, it all turns out to be superficial, and you realise you were sitting in their cardboard box they made for you this whole time, then their true colours shine when you have the intelligence to grow out of the box

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ImNotReallyMe)
    Because a lot of families don't love for some reason

When you love someone, you want them to do their best, and any amazing thing they achieve, you don't get jealous, but you're happy for them and encourage them, they don't hold you back

Some parents just lull their children into a false sense of love and belonging, it all turns out to be superficial, and you realise you were sitting in their cardboard box they made for you this whole time, then their true colours shine when you have the intelligence to grow out of the box
    I find that people only love their parents and children.

I've never seen any people truly love their cousins or other family members.

That's just my experience though.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JD1lla)
    You must love it that people lap up your threads.
    Lap up my threads?

So my thread is about conversations that go on in my family. What exactly is ther me to "lap up" ?

I'm not selling fake rolexes for profit.

If you genuinely don't have anything better to do then why do you even post lol

May be you're a hater.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Hydeman)
    Yes, your experience with a few people totally mandates this generalised conclusion and there's no other reason for why somebody might dislike something other than jealousy.

#Logic101.
    Unprovoked hatred = jealous. That's what a hater is.

Ok may be if I stole your cat or ****ed your gf - then you'd have a reason to hate me, but otherwise, jealousy is the only reason.

ReputationRep:
    Lap up my threads?

So my thread is about conversations that go on in my family. What exactly is ther me to "lap up" ?

I'm not selling fake rolexes for profit.

If you genuinely don't have anything better to do then why do you even post lol

May be you're a hater.
    You know how to create threads that just annoy people and make them respond.

Unprovoked hatred = jealous. That's what a hater is.

Ok may be if I stole your cat or ****ed your gf - then you'd have a reason to hate me, but otherwise, jealousy is the only reason.
    Or perhaps I can hate you for reasons other than those you've specified? There are any number of valid reasons to hate somebody that aren't jealousy.

I see your point about your relatives (assuming you're telling the whole story and not eschewing important details), but the conclusions you draw are incredibly simplistic.

ReputationRep:
    the biggest troll on TSR guys.

ReputationRep:
    Do you put on a persona , i just feel sometimes you don't care about others.
    Spoiler:
    Show
    I dont even know why i went so deep

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Hydeman)
    Or perhaps I can hate you for reasons other than those you've specified? There are any number of valid reasons to hate somebody that aren't jealousy.

I see your point about your relatives (assuming you're telling the whole story and not eschewing important details), but the conclusions you draw are incredibly simplistic.
    When it comes to people, you have to live by simple rules. If you make things too complicated you can't draw useful conclusions.

People all have their own stories and their own specific motivations, however, in general they tend to follow reasonably similar patterns. If you have a mental framework where you can pidgeonhole people 99% of the time, you'll find that incredibly useful in day to day life.

My experiences are that if someone hates you and you've done nothing to upset them, it's because they're jealous of something you have.

ReputationRep:
    Really feel sorry for these haters lol

So jealous, so sad.

(Original post by ubisoft)
    I have an aunty who always tries to advise me on what degree/career path to take when she's a housewife...

"Be a doctor"
    "Do medicine"

:unimpressed:
    When instead of your aunt, it's your mum :rant:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by enaayrah)
    When instead of your aunt, it's your mum :rant:
    It's really annoying, doctor isn't even the best profession right now anyway. #STEMmasterrace

Btw is that your real name?

It's really annoying, doctor isn't even the best profession right now anyway. #STEMmasterrace

Btw is that your real name?
    Hmm the first part is kind of what my family and friends call me, but my real name formally is completely different.

Why do you ask? :mmm:

ReputationRep:
    What bit is made up?

They're very working class and she has a crap job and has a lot of family support. You don't have to be rich to have scrounger children, it's just more convenient.
    You sound like an unbelievable, spoilt, privileged douche.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by enaayrah)
    Hmm the first part is kind of what my family and friends call me, but my real name formally is completely different.

Why do you ask? :mmm:
    I like the sound of it

I like the sound of it
    Thank you, I made my name up myself

Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?
Useful resources
AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.