Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

Female pen pal watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Neuth)
    Have you tried interpals?

I have loads of friends with the same interests on there - plenty of Biochemists :fluffy:
    Thanks I'll check it out.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Teslamegafan)
    Technically what I am doing is more alpha. For one thing I'm mainly doing lab work not reading. To address your other point I would be more likely to be friendzoned if I knew them in person. If anyone tries to friendzone me this way I can just delete them as my contact because I really don't care.
    I see why you have this problem with female friends now >.>

ReputationRep:
    Technically what I am doing is more alpha. For one thing I'm mainly doing lab work not reading. To address your other point I would be more likely to be friendzoned if I knew them in person. If anyone tries to friendzone me this way I can just delete them as my contact because I really don't care.
    This was a very beta post so now it's a triple negative. Remember you need an even number of negatives to be alpha.

ReputationRep:

This is the message I left when I went on Omegle:
    Hi! I am an 18 year old male currently living in the UK but hoping to relocate to the US in the future. I am interested in meeting an intelligent, attractive female around my age with interests in biology, chemistry and biochemistry, who would be willing to Google/Skypechat with me as an online friend.

Oh and also in before you're really desperate or have a drink of water to quench your thirst. It's not necessarily a girlfriend, just a pen pal. If anybody's going to be trolling around here It's going to be me
    So... you would dismiss a potential online friend due to their appearance? Are you really only looking for a penpal, or are you just that shallow? :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SmashConcept)
    This was a very beta post so now it's a triple negative. Remember you need an even number of negatives to be alpha.
    To be honest it doesn't matter what you think. If you knew me in real life you would know that I am very alpha in social situations not to mention very ambitious. The reason I would prefer online conversation is because I am very busy and it would be easier to manage my time.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dropout_06)
    So... you would dismiss a potential online friend due to their appearance? Are you really only looking for a penpal, or are you just that shallow? :rolleyes:
    You have to realize that when most men say personality is more important than looks they are lying. Looks are very important. There needs to be a certain level of physical attraction for there to be an emotional connection.

ReputationRep:
    If you knew me in real life you would know that I am very alpha in social situations not to mention very ambitious.
    Too bad nobody will be able to tell if you keep putting yourself in the pen-friendzone.

ReputationRep:
    You have to realize when most men say personality is more important than looks they are lying. Looks are very important. There needs to be certain level of physical attraction before there can be an emotional connection

ReputationRep:
    You have to realize that when most men say personality is more important than looks they are lying. Looks are very important. There needs to be a certain level of physical attraction for there to be an emotional connection.
    Well Lizzie Velasquez seems to have an emotional connection with many of her fans, and I'm sure she realises it's not because they are attracted to her physically.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Student403)
    Well Lizzie Velasquez seems to have an emotional connection with many of her fans, and I'm sure she realises it's not because they are attracted to her physically.
    How is this even relevant? I am talking about the emotional connection in a relationship not the emotional connection between an idol and his/her fans.

ReputationRep:
    Why does there? You're talking about wanting a friend only. If you get along well as friends why would there have to be any physical attraction there at all?!

ReputationRep:
    How is this even relevant? I am talking about the emotional connection in a relationship not the emotional connection between an idol and his/her fans.
    Oh for some reason I thought you meant "penpal". Didn't know you explicitly were asking for a gf/relationship

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by alishba-rosex)
    Hey, you seem friendly. I know I don't match your age requirements, but I also need someone to talk to because you already know I'm not so open with guys- I do talk to them but not as much. Also, I love science, especially bio+chem and want to study medicine at Uni and I'm one of a kind too. so I hope u take up my msg
    Sorry I should have mentioned this in my original post but I am not interested in somebody who is going for an MD to become a doctor. I am aiming for a Ph.D to enter medical research and the distinction between scientist and doctor is great enough to affect any online pen pal relationship.

ReputationRep:
    Why does there? You're talking about wanting a friend only. If you get along well as friends why would there have to be any physical attraction there at all?!
    Ok I was a bit misleading. I am talking about a friend with the potential to become a partner in a relationship, so attraction is quite important. I just don't want to put it that way because it would sound kind of creepy. Remember I am only talking about potential.
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    Ok I was a bit misleading. I am talking about a friend with the potential to become a partner in a relationship, so attraction is quite important. I just don't want to put it that way because it would sound kind of creepy. Remember I am only talking about potential.

So you'd reject a potential partner on the basis that they do/want to do an arts university course?
    • Welcome Squad

Welcome Squad
    Seriously f*** you for spamming my computer with viruses. It's a good job I have good antivirus software.
    spamming your computer with what sorry

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SmashConcept)
    Sounds like you want to do the two most beta male hobbies possible at the same time: reading and being in the friendzone. Maybe it will form a double negative and you will end up getting laid a lot but you need to ask a professional physicist to be sure.
    I'm crying :rofl:
    • Welcome Squad

Welcome Squad
    (Original post by ubisoft)
    anticlimactic, thought it would be funnier
    it just felt good in the moment

Only the mods can judge me, not you :hand:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by thecatwithnohat)
    it just felt good in the moment

Only the mods can judge me, not you :hand:
    sorry A
    • Welcome Squad

Welcome Squad
    (Original post by ubisoft)
    sorry A
    omg how do you know my name :zomg:

this is getting ridiculous now.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: November 9, 2015
Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.