Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by simbasdragon)
    I agree that this is what many have been brought up to believe, despite the stereotypes being obviously unfounded. Yet, I challenged you as you seemed to justify anti-Semitism with your statements. Please correct me if that is not the case.
    Let us go back to the OP;
    "What's the first thought that comes into your mind when you hear this term?"

I answered by saying what was the first thing that comes into my mind when I here the term; people holding such views due to their belief that Jews have a disproportionate influence in politics. This is my first though as this is often how they justify their anti-Semitic stance.

Don't like it? Don't care really. If you want to go around like some internet trying to out people as anti-Semites get another hobby? Nothing I said was offensive, at no point did I say I held those views, I just literally answered the question.

If you wish to go out of your way to be offended then by all means do so but don't expect me to engage any more in said conversation.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by i<3milkshake)
    Let us go back to the OP;
    "What's the first thought that comes into your mind when you hear this term?"

I answered by saying what was the first thing that comes into my mind when I here the term; people holding such views due to their belief that Jews have a disproportionate influence in politics. This is my first though as this is often how they justify their anti-Semitic stance.

Don't like it? Don't care really. If you want to go around like some internet trying to out people as anti-Semites get another hobby? Nothing I said was offensive, at no point did I say I held those views, I just literally answered the question.

If you wish to go out of your way to be offended then by all means do so but don't expect me to engage any more in said conversation.
    You didn't say 'due to their belief' though, you said ' due to their disproportionate influence in politics.' This suggests that you subscribe to the anti-Semitic belief that Jews control and dominate the media and politics due to some sort of conspiracy. It's great to hear that you don't actually believe this, and that you were talking about other people's beliefs. But stating that Jews influence politics as fact suggested otherwise.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: November 8, 2015
Poll
Favourite type of bread
Useful resources
AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.