Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

Why are Arnold Schwarzeneggar and Zyzz so many people's heroes if they used steroids? watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sw651)
    Posted from TSR Mobile

As have I mate, I have been trained by a former UKBFF contestant. I made a simple mistake, besides that wasn't the point of the thread.
    Ok
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    PS Reviewer
    (Original post by Honey126)
    It's not very impressive to get huge from taking steroids, so I don't understand why so many people look up to them when they used steroids rather than working hard naturally
    You can't get as big without steroids and you'd struggle to get the full look whilst lean. That's why they're on steroids. Zyzz and Arnold aren't even comparable either lol.

Just because you're on steroids it doesn't mean you don't work hard either. Strong misconceptions

(Original post by sw651)
    Arnold took HGH too. And there seems to be a misconception steroids make you massive, they do not, they only make you massive by putting in the work and hours in the gym.

The people that get massive without working out use synthol, a filler.
    HGH wasn't around in Arnolds time. HGH is the reason for the mass explosion of the 80s along with insulin etc. Arnold was on test and test analogues

(Original post by sw651)
    Of course I research everything about him. Did you also know he was missing a gene that limits muscle growth. And he did take HGH I personally did not know he took dinabol, thats my mistake, stop being rude and ignorant
    He doesn't lack myostatin. There's been like one or two case reports of that ever.

(Original post by sw651)
    Posted from TSR Mobile

HGH was available before that it was only used in competitions by 1982. and yes this is a lack of a gene called IGF (not sure may check) also you seem to forget that somatotypes exist
    IGF is a response to HGH. Somatotypes are also disproven. Bad post/10

(Original post by sw651)
    Posted from TSR Mobile

You know sod all mate, you act like you know what you are talking about but honestly have very real little knowledge about such topics, get educated.
    Pls no

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sw651)
    Posted from TSR Mobile

HGH was available before that it was only used in competitions by 1982. and yes this is a lack of a gene called IGF (not sure may check) also you seem to forget that somatotypes exist
    somatotypes dont exist, it seems you are at least 60 years behind in knowledge or just a stupid troll, im going for the later

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Angry cucumber)
    You can't get as big with steroids and you'd struggle to get the full look whilst lean. That's why they're on steroids. Zyzz and Arnold aren't even comparable either lol.

Just because you're on steroids it doesn't mean you don't work hard either. Strong misconceptions

HGH wasn't around in Arnolds time. HGH is the reason for the mass explosion of the 80s along with insulin etc. Arnold was on test and test analogues

He doesn't lack myostatin. There's been like one or two case reports of that ever.

Pls no
    I love you.

ReputationRep:
    I suppose the simple answer is that those people still represent who they want to be and some people place less importance on how somebody got there than the end goal.

I admire them for their commitment at the very least.

ReputationRep:
    Anybody who's opinion I respect does not care for people like Zyzz. It makes me sad Arnie is in the same sentence

ReputationRep:
    zyzz was who inspired me to be more than i was. arnold too but in different ways. GJDM

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Honey126)
    It's not very impressive to get huge from taking steroids, so I don't understand why so many people look up to them when they used steroids rather than working hard naturally
    Lol firstly you can't get "huge" without steroids. You can never look like Arnold without steroids even with elite genetics. I will beat you, why am I going to work out 5 days a week to finally look good when I'm 50 like Scooby (who also uses steroids and his own FFMI calculator proves it if you put in his stats from BB.com profile or any of his stats he's ever posted)?

Arnold worked harder than any natural lifter. On steroids you can workout longer and with more intensity so guys on gear are in the gym nearly every day for way longer periods of time.

Pre-roids era bodybuilders all look either fridge mode or deformed.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JD1lla)
    Anybody who's opinion I respect does not care for people like Zyzz. It makes me sad Arnie is in the same sentence
    I really don't understand why those 'aesthetics' type of people have such a following. They don't know how to train, they don't know anything about nutrition (Jeff Seid food pyramid etc), they give horrific and dangerous advice about form, dieting, drugs, lifestyle etc etc.

Arnie started with full body workouts. He trained hard, used basic lifts, got strong, and built muscle. Drugs or no drugs he shouldn't be put in the same category as some idiot.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ThePrick)
    Lol firstly you can't get "huge" without steroids. You can never look like Arnold without steroids even with elite genetics. I will beat you, why am I going to work out 5 days a week to finally look good when I'm 50 like Scooby (who also uses steroids and his own FFMI calculator proves it if you put in his stats from BB.com profile or any of his stats he's ever posted)?

Arnold worked harder than any natural lifter. On steroids you can workout longer and with more intensity so guys on gear are in the gym nearly every day for way longer periods of time.

Pre-roids era bodybuilders all look either fridge mode or deformed.
    Why do you mean by the last part?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Squats and milk)
    Why do you mean by the last part?
    I'm saying the bodybuilders from the era before steroids were around look weird and deformed:

It's like a circus of Lui Marcos and Vegan Gains lookalikes. Lui Marco and VG being natty lifters of course. Nobody who looks like Zyzz is natural.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Angry cucumber)
    You can't get as big without steroids and you'd struggle to get the full look whilst lean. That's why they're on steroids. Zyzz and Arnold aren't even comparable either lol.

Pls no
    (Original post by Straighthate)
    somatotypes dont exist, it seems you are at least 60 years behind in knowledge or just a stupid troll, im going for the later
    Any info on somatotypes?

ReputationRep:
    Don't steroids affect your testicles.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ThePrick)
    I'm saying the bodybuilders from the era before steroids were around look weird
    Google Steve Reeves and Reg Park.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by karl pilkington)
    Don't steroids affect your testicles.
    There are different types of steroids that do different things and have different side effects.
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    If you think you don't have to work hard to get the physique on steroids, you are deluded. Please don't post or even mention the study that says injectable testosterone built more muscle without training than natural training did, this study was carried out on untrained subjects and was largely useless. If you've bern lifting a while and already carry a good amount of muscle, if you stopped lifting and replaced it with steroids, it doesn't matter, you'd gradually lose muscle.

Let's of course totally overlook the fact that nobody would ever be able to recreate the physique that Arnold built regardless of how many drugs they took :rolleyes: All of his Olympia competitors were on the same drugs he was on, and he beat them all for 7 years straight. Zyzz also would never have been able to maintain that level of leanness, all the while getting bigger, without the drugs. If that was what he wanted to do - his life, his choice. Both men had to work their asses off and stick to their diets to create the physiques they did.
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    I really don't understand why those 'aesthetics' type of people have such a following. They don't know how to train, they don't know anything about nutrition (Jeff Seid food pyramid etc), they give horrific and dangerous advice about form, dieting, drugs, lifestyle etc etc.

Arnie started with full body workouts. He trained hard, used basic lifts, got strong, and built muscle. Drugs or no drugs he shouldn't be put in the same category as some idiot.
    Zyzz only saving grace is that he obviously responded well to the body-recomposition effects of tren and was able to stay at a very good level of leanness year round while still getting bigger (though his staying lean obviously slowed him down). If he wasn't so lean he'd just look like the average gym rat.

Thread full of assumptions

ReputationRep:
    Google Steve Reeves and Reg Park.
    They look good... But steroids have been referenced since the 1930s believe it or not. Charles Atlas was a tiny bit earlier than Steve and Reg I think.

The fact people think Zyzz looks like an "average gym rat" just shows the modern standard, considering he was way above the FFMI of a natural lifter. In fact, I think his FFMI is higher than even Jeff Seid.
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    PS Reviewer
    (Original post by hellodave5)
    Any info on somatotypes?
    Ectomorph - doesn't eat enough
    Mesomorph - somewhere about right
    Endomorph - fat

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

This forum is supported by:
Updated: November 11, 2015
Poll
Are you going to a festival?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.