Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 雷尼克)
    then you've failed to go through all the exercises in the M2 book, which a further maths student should be doing
    Wot? I don't even have the M2 book mate, just watched a few videos and practised a few papers - there's no need to do any exercises, it's a piss easy module.

There's nothing that a further maths student should be doing.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TeeEm)
    when do you get time to study maths ...
    you are permanently located in chat making troll threads.
    Been there , done that , destroyed further maths

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 雷尼克)
    then you've failed to go through all the exercises in the M2 book, which a further maths student should be doing
    To be fair, the counting squares bit you're talking about is limited to the just the textbook. There has never been a question like that in past papers.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Awesome Genius)
    Been there , done that , destroyed further maths
    well done, I did not know that ....

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Zacken)
    Wot? I don't even have the M2 book mate, just watched a few videos and practised a few papers - there's no need to do any exercises, it's a piss easy module.

There's nothing that a further maths student should be doing.
    have fun when you miss out on easy marks for lacking in practice then

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 雷尼克)
    have fun when you miss out on easy marks for lacking in practice then
    Or perhaps I won't miss out on marks because I prefer learning and understanding concepts instead of mindless boring practice.

ReputationRep:
    Or perhaps I won't miss out on marks because I prefer learning and understanding concepts instead of mindless boring practice.
    So do I, but the mindless practice is essential to do well.

And this is A2 further maths, it is neither AS further maths nor regular A2 maths where you can get away with doing nothing... anyway, it's not my problem, have fun losing marks at your dispense, I forgot why I cared, it'll only make the grade boundaries lower if you follow by your little philosophy.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 雷尼克)
    So do I, but the mindless practice is essential to do well, this is A2 further maths, it is neither AS further maths nor regular A2 maths where you can get away with doing nothing...
    You can easily get away with doing nothing.

ReputationRep:
    You can easily get away with doing nothing.
    are you going to write that on your results day sheet?

come on, even if the practice is unnecessary, surely you should have a mathematical drive to do more maths? just to make sure the ground you are standing on is in fact solid?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 雷尼克)
    are you going to write that on your results day sheet?

come on, even if the practice is unnecessary, surely you should have a mathematical drive to do more maths? just to make sure the ground you are standing on is in fact solid?
    Of course, I enjoy and love doing maths, but I feel my time is better spent either doing STEP papers or learning undergrad maths instead of the dull A2/AS maths.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mihael_Keehl)
    Anyone else got this as their first exam?

Where is everyone with their prep.
    Yep, first exam!

I'm trying to get FP2 finished before M3, although I learnt most of M3 a while ago; it's a nice jump from M2.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ombtom)
    Yep, first exam!

I'm trying to get FP2 finished before M3, although I learnt most of M3 a while ago; it's a nice jump from M2.
    Are you self teaching?

ReputationRep:
    Yep, first exam!

(Original post by aymanzayedmannan)
    Are you self teaching?
    What would you say your favourite part/topic of M3 is?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by aymanzayedmannan)
    Are you self teaching?
    Yes. Although I've been forced into a class for C3/C4 which is a bit pointless as I learnt them months ago...

Probably circular motion and every other topic that makes A2 Physics ridiculously easy. You?

ReputationRep:
    Yes. Although I've been forced into a class for C3/C4 which is a bit pointless as I learnt them months ago...

Probably circular motion and every other topic that makes A2 Physics ridiculously easy. You?
    SHM just has this really nice feel about it, y'know? :-)

ReputationRep:
    SHM just has this really nice feel about it, y'know? :-)
    At first I thought it was horrible, but it's getting better.

ReputationRep:
    At first I thought it was horrible, but it's getting better.
    Different tastes, then. :lol:

ReputationRep:
    I'm dreadful at M3. My favourite parts would have to be the calculus, circular motion and gravitational problems. Although I quite enjoy it, I'm terrible in SHM; we've recently done it in physics (my physics teachers are amazing) and I'm improving. Centres of mass can also be quite nice. What I really be enjoy about M3 is that it's the first mechanics module that gets you to think. M1 and M2 are quite systematic (for lack of a better word).

[QUOTE=ombtom;60507051]Yes. Although I've been forced into a class for C3/C4 which is a bit pointless as I learnt them months ago...

I know exactly how you feel. I've finished C3/C4 around August and I have to sit through the most boring classes...

If any of you are doing FP3 why don't you join the thread I've recently posted? http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/show....php?t=3716503

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TeeEm)
    M3 is the first mechanics unit that will actually hurt.
    Elaborate pls sir.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mihael_Keehl)
    Elaborate pls sir.
    the first mechanics module which is hard

M1 and M2 are warm up

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: December 26, 2015
Poll
Do you like carrot cake?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.