Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
Turn on thread page Beta

Are all Muslims homophobes? watch

ReputationRep:
    Muslim and not homophobic.

ReputationRep:
    No, but it's likely that a much higher percentage of them are than in other religions and secular people.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by driftawaay)
    Is it Queen Mary? Is it true that like half the uni is Muslim?
    Na City of London.

Notice how this wasn't covered much in the main stream media

https://www.timeshighereducation.com...410874.article

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jaaneman Tu Mera)

Go to 4:12
    No

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by WilliamParker)
    Na City of London.

Notice how this wasn't covered much in the main stream media

https://www.timeshighereducation.com...410874.article
    Omg that's just... urgh.

ReputationRep:
    Unfortunately homophobia seem to be something inherent in all religious ideology.
    Though people seem to have moved past this in developed societies, along with everyone else, in that they essentially take out that negativity from the belief system they ascribe to.
    All the responses, apart from the first, were really great. All of the people in the video looked at it in a very insightful way. Nice to know there are people like that.
    A part of me thinks that this is due to where he is doing it (seemed to be lots of intellectual looking people about). I wonder how different responses would be... maybe somewhere else.

ReputationRep:
    Not b

Go to 4:12
    Not really because I'm a Muslim and I have a gay friend

ReputationRep:
    That guy in the video is a fraud he is not homosexual

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by iamthetruth)
    That guy in the video is a fraud he is not homosexual
    Dahh....
    Its a social experiment :bigsmile::bigsmile:

ReputationRep:
    Driftawaay has it right here, if we take into account muslims from every country, not just the west, then most will be homophobic.

That's not islamaphobic to say, just a fact really. I also grew up muslim, so there's that. lol

ReputationRep:
    Dahh....
    Its a social experiment :bigsmile::bigsmile:
    I think it's stupid. Am I supposed to care if he's gay or not?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by iamthetruth)
    I think it's stupid. Am I supposed to care if he's gay or not?
    So the experiment " I am Muslim, do you trust me?" was according to you stupid as well.

ReputationRep:
    HAH!, did someone just say Muslims are the most racist to black people. Did you live under a rock for the best 200yrs?
    Also i don't know where your from but from my experience Muslims/brown people are closest to black people.
    Alos, if you don't like a certain group of people it doesn't make it 'phobic'.

People will say they don't like Islam but its not Islamophobic.
    If I were to say I don't like gay people i would instantly be called homophonic.

Enough with your double standards ffs.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by eoe)
    So the experiment " I am Muslim, do you trust me?" was according to you stupid as well.
    I never seen it but it sounds dumb to me. I wouldn't trust people I don't know.

ReputationRep:
    Even in the middle east I haven't seen homophobia amongst young people. Older people, yeah, but ppl in school dont really give a crap..

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by samina_ay)
    Muslim and not homophobic.
    Would you support your child's decision if they came out as gay and had a partner of the same gender?

ReputationRep:
    Judging by social media posts whenever a documentary such as Muslim drag queens recently, I would not like to be anything other than hetrosexual male in a musim community

Horrific intolerance

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SirMilkSheikh)
    Would you support your child's decision if they came out as gay and had a partner of the same gender?
    As a parent I'd accept my child as they are, disowning them is out of the question. But i will stress it to them that they can't act on it, because it isn't permissible in Islam is it? And being a Muslim parent, I will have to help my child and guide them to the straight path.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by samina_ay)
    As a parent I'd accept my child as they are, disowning them is out of the question. But i will stress it to them that they can't act on it, because it isn't permissible in Islam is it? And being a Muslim parent, I will have to help my child and guide them to the straight path.
    Ok, well I guess it's fair enough if you're willing to accept them for who they are. What if they wanted to get married? And maybe even adopt?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SirMilkSheikh)
    Ok, well I guess it's fair enough if you're willing to accept them for who they are. What if they wanted to get married? And maybe even adopt?
    Why are you asking me this? Trying to bring my homophobe character out? LOL I wouldn't let things escalate that far.. hmm dunno.

Poll
“Yanny” or “Laurel”
Useful resources
AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.