Turn on thread page Beta

Uderrated band/artist watch

Announcements
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    DDAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAUUUUUUUUUUGHHHH HHHTRRRRRRY!!!!!!!!!!!
    also Cryoshell

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ivybridge)
    Foster The People, The XX, The Vaccines, Lana Del Rey and I think we all need to remember Amy Winehouse!
    I was about to put foster the people but I thought they are quite well known! I love them so much, also the XX are great!!!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SassKing13)
    Not current, but...

The Chameleons

This is goood!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by rhiannonm25)
    I can never go to gigs for bands I like because I'm not 18 yet!!!! :'(
    That sucks so much, especially as venues have the 14+ policy! Try and persuade your parents, gigs are literally the best things as well especially if the crowd is really good!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by CoolCavy)
    DDAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAUUUUUUUUUUGHHHH HHHTRRRRRRY!!!!!!!!!!!
    also Cryoshell

I love Daughtry! But they're nor underrated, they have been very successful

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by driftawaay)
    I love The Decemberist's album that they released this year (or late last year?)
    Didn't even know they had; never followed them really just liked a fair bit of their old stuff. Will probably have a listen now

ReputationRep:
    I was about to put foster the people but I thought they are quite well known! I love them so much, also the XX are great!!!!
    I legit know about five people who know them and two of them only know them because I told them about them :lol:! Plus, underrated doesn't mean not known. Lana Del Rey is very well known but her music should receive so much more credit and time even if she is popular within her genre.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jamestg)
    That sucks so much, especially as venues have the 14+ policy! Try and persuade your parents, gigs are literally the best things as well especially if the crowd is really good!
    The only ones I've ever been to is MGMT, lana del dey and Vampire weekend, I'd say mgmt was the best. I'm lucky though, I live in Glasgow city so there's gigs on CONSTANTLY

ReputationRep:
    In the post - hardcore scene I think Fightstar could do with way more recognition

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    The only ones I've ever been to is MGMT, lana del rey and Vampire weekend, I'd say mgmt was the best. I'm lucky though, I live in Glasgow city so there's gigs on CONSTANTLY
    Legitimately hate you. I would give my vital organs to see her :lol:.
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    (Original post by driftawaay)
    I love Daughtry! But they're nor underrated, they have been very successful
    :awesome: will you join the daughtry society when it has been modded?
    idk tho bc i haven't spoken to anyone in rl life who knows them, maybs it's just me

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by CoolCavy)
    :awesome: will you join the daughtry society when it has been modded?
    idk tho bc i haven't spoken to anyone in rl life who knows them, maybs it's just me
    Omg Im pretty sure everyone knows them! :O But ofc I will be joining

ReputationRep:
    Legitimately hate you. I would give my vital organs to see her :lol:.
    She literally sounds so friggin amazing live.

ReputationRep:
    Alter Bridge, Avenged Sevenfold, Tool, Pinkly Smooth, Broods, Observer Drift, Halsey, Amber Run, Kasabian (?), HOODIE ALLEN YASS, Jaymes Young definitely... Yelawolf too, Breaking Benjamin (listen to Blow Me Away - it will bring Halo 2 memories back)

ReputationRep:
    She literally sounds so friggin amazing live.
    Please, don't make me sad... don't make me cry.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by z33)
    Alter Bridge, Avenged Sevenfold, Tool, Pinkly Smooth
    Really? They're so popular and loved...

ReputationRep:
    Foals, London Grammar, Lana Del Rey

ReputationRep:
    Autechre, xanopticon, ametsub, the contortionist (they're coming to the UK soon they put on one hella of a mesmerising performance), venetian snares. I know vsnares is loved by many but I think he deserves wayyyyy more recognition and praise. What a genius.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Really? They're so popular and loved...
    Hmm yeah but they're not exactly well known... not until the death of their amazing drummer THE REV (R.I.P.) in 2009. But even now they're not that popular, it's not like if you mentioned BMTH someone would say "oh i've heard that song!" but most of the time no one would've heard any of their stuff unless they were really into the 'alternative' style of music.

But yeah they're not UNDERRATED - but not really well known either which is a shame because Matt (or M shadows whatever he wants to call himself lol) has an amazing voice and they are amazing musicians... dem solos *_*

little taste of a bit of everything for those who cba ^

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Rock Fan)
    Heavens Basement, Wolfmother, Matchbox 20
    Wolfmother - vagabond is one of my favourite songs!

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: November 22, 2015
Poll
Do you think parents should charge rent?
Useful resources

Articles:

TSR wiki music section

Quick link:

Unanswered music threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.