Things to do when you're unemployed? watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    You could smash a bus stop up, unemployed people seem to enjoy it

ReputationRep:
    Get off your scrounging ass and get a job,

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by LeftWingMoron)
    Those are YOUR stereotypes. The stereotypes I usually hear are we are on benefits, which I'm not. Could make up many stereotypes for the unemployed I guess since they are looked down upon so much.

Love how you bolded lifting weights as if that's a bad thing to be doing.
    I don't look down on unemployed people. I am skeptical of the people who;
    Spend all their benefits money on gambling and booze, or even if off benefits spend it on such things. They aren't helping themselves.

2) mention how they have a routine sorted for weights and gaming but no mention whatsoever of how the will add to their cv or increase their job prospects.

Looking down on people who are unemployed? I don't at all. They could be dairy farmers, steel workers, young people having a tough time.

(Original post by Lunch Money)
    Pretend you are left wing on a student forum to hide the fact that you are really a right wing moron.
    However, I'm not the only person who doubts your authenticity on this matter. Not that you will care, nor should you, just stating my view.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by i<3milkshake)
    I don't look down on unemployed people. I am skeptical of the people who;
    Spend all their benefits money on gambling and booze, or even if off benefits spend it on such things. They aren't helping themselves.
    I literally said I don't ask for or get benefits? What are you talking about? You know people save money from previous jobs right? I don't have benefits money. I was on JSA for about a month once about a year ago and will never do it again. I'm not allowed to spend my money how I please now is basically what you're saying?

Also I assume it's common knowledge from the OP when I'm stressed about the situation enough that I'd be looking for jobs.... I have an interview on Thursday ffs. Not to mention I said I'm starting evening classes in January and learning as many programming languages as I can.

You HAVE the stereotypes, don't quote some other troll to back you up. Even when I clearly said I don't get benefits you replied to those exact words and assumed I did.

ReputationRep:
    Hang your head in shame OP.

ReputationRep:
    Look for jobs
    Apply for jobs
    Look for voluntary work if you can afford to do it
    Work on self-improvement in whatever sphere you like (health,fitness, education, personal qualities etc) - I used to go jogging
    Do things you enjoy which are also productive so that you don't feel useless (e.g. cooking, drawing etc)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TheMaster102)
    work on your skillset, e.g learn things you want to learn and need for the future.

You wont have time for that **** when you're employed and I miss it, dearly
    Like what though?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by driftawaay)
    - sign on JSA

- acquire new skills that will be useful in the future
    -
    Like what?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by passivepineapple)
    Like what?
    Well that depends on what you want to do with your life. Like if someone wants to be a programmer they could start learning programming, if someon wants to take a language degree they could start learning a language, etc..

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by WoodyMKC)
    I'd probably just masturbate all day.
    You probably do that already :mmm:

ReputationRep:
    I'd probably just masturbate all day.
    No gym?

ReputationRep:
    Yesterday: Masturbated 4 times, gonna try and rest my penis for a day or two (maybe go clubbing on Fri/Sat and get a girl with a fully refreshed accessory). Won £150 on NBA betting. Watched V for Vendetta and the new Ronaldo film. Started to re-learn basic Java (haven't done it in about 3 years). Got a chippy, drank three protein shakes.

Today: Just got myself a 12 pack of Carling but it tastes terrible, God how do people drink this crap? Also went to Tesco but Black Ops 3 was sold out for PS4, too late to go to the city centre now so might download it. Got a subway, will later get Dominos. Currently listening to 80s music.

Supposedly I got an interview with the Royal Mail on Thursday (I was notified today through e-mail). They said to bring what I got in my confirmation e-mail, but I never received a confirmation e-mail. I phoned them last Friday after they tried to get in contact with me after I done the application online and they said they would send me a confirmation e-mail for an interview but I never got one.

I've looked into all the philosophy shabazz and decided I'm a nihilist but tend not to dwell on it. Also learning how to cook sounds like a good idea, seems like I can't put on much weight even when I eat takeaways everyday and drink lots of alcohol.

God I'm bored. I hope I feel better after I get through this first can.
    Did you finally go to the interview? How was it?
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    (Original post by kka25)
    No gym?
    Gym takes up like 3 hours of my life per week :lol:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kka25)
    Did you finally go to the interview? How was it?
    No, I just received the e-mail at about 4pm earlier. The interview is on Thursday morning. I actually want to do hands on crappy work for once rather than stressing myself out on a computer all day.

ReputationRep:
    Gym takes up like 3 hours of my life per week :lol:
    Damn it. I need you to be my gym buddy; is there a form that I need to complete? Should I wear my formal shirts and all for the application?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by driftawaay)
    Well that depends on what you want to do with your life. Like if someone wants to be a programmer they could start learning programming, if someon wants to take a language degree they could start learning a language, etc..
    Code Academy is really good.
    or Duolingo if you fancy learning language languages :P

ReputationRep:
    No, I just received the e-mail at about 4pm earlier. The interview is on Thursday morning. I actually want to do hands on crappy work for once rather than stressing myself out on a computer all day.
    lol. I appreciate the feeling completely
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    (Original post by kka25)
    Damn it. I need you to be my gym buddy; is there a form that I need to complete? Should I wear my formal shirts and all for the application?
    Nope, just one of these:

ReputationRep:
    Nope, just one of these:

I don't have one of those :cry:

Can I appeal?

ReputationRep:
    Dark Souls is a good way to spend free time :ahee:

Poll
Do you like carrot cake?
Useful resources
AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.