Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jay110)
    650 is a very respectable score for getting an interview. All depends on what your academic profile is - how well have you done / predicted?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Predicted AAA at A-level for Biology, Chemistry and Physics
    My AS grades were AABC (Physics, Biology, Chemistry, Maths)
    GCSE 12A* 3A 1B

My AS results weren't too great but I'm hoping Newcastle won't mind too much because I'm resitting a chemistry exam to bump up my grade a bit and I'm applying through the PARTNERS scheme too so if I get an offer it'll be ABB which is lower than what I'm predicted

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by fangbandit)
    GCSE 12A* 3A 1B

My AS results weren't too great but I'm hoping Newcastle won't mind too much because I'm resitting a chemistry exam to bump up my grade a bit and I'm applying through the PARTNERS scheme too so if I get an offer it'll be ABB which is lower than what I'm predicted
    You'll be alright then
    You've done the hard part. Once you get an interview, it's really easy. It's an informal chat to get to know you and ensure you'll actually make a good clinician as well as making sure you're who you claim you are in your personal statement. My interview was so chilled out - ended up in a discussion about reform plans regarding dental therapists and the potential to enable dental therapists to gain more responsibility hence take work away from dentists < big topic at the moment. The staff and interviewers at Newcastle were amazing - ended up being the best interview I had as I really enjoyed the experience and made me choose Newcastle over QMUL.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jay110)
    You'll be alright then
    You've done the hard part. Once you get an interview, it's really easy. It's an informal chat to get to know you and ensure you'll actually make a good clinician as well as making sure you're who you claim you are in your personal statement. My interview was so chilled out - ended up in a discussion about reform plans regarding dental therapists and the potential to enable dental therapists to gain more responsibility hence take work away from dentists < big topic at the moment. The staff and interviewers at Newcastle were amazing - ended up being the best interview I had as I really enjoyed the experience and made me choose Newcastle over QMUL.
    Posted from TSR Mobile
    Thanks, think Newcastle is definitely my favourite, couldn't agree more about it being friendly. Every NCL student I've spoken to has loved it and as I'm a local whenever I've been to a MaD day, mini med, open day etc. there I've only ever got a good impression of the place.

ReputationRep:
    Wooo I've got an interview on the 13th of jan? Anybody else??

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by heloo123)

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Congratulations!! If you need anything - feel free to ask

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by heloo123)

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Congratulations!

ReputationRep:
    Anyone else got an interview on the 7th of January?

ReputationRep:
    GCSE 12A* 3A 1B

if you don't mind, how many criteria's did you meet for partners scheme?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by rumana101)
    if you don't mind, how many criteria's did you meet for partners scheme?
    Just the 1.
    I got an interview too if you were curious.

ReputationRep:
    Just the 1.
    I got an interview too if you were curious.
    I meet the postcode criteria, but my parents both have a degree and been to university, do you think this will be detrimental if I apply through partners? also what were your stats if you don't mind?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by rumana101)
    I meet the postcode criteria, but my parents both have a degree and been to university, do you think this will be detrimental if I apply through partners? also what were your stats if you don't mind?
    You only need to meet one criteria so if you've checked your postcode and you meet that, that is enough to qualify.

My stats were AABC at AS, predicted AAA at A2 and equivalent of 12A* 3A and 1B at GCSE. My UKCAT was 650 , band 2. I have 16 days of work experience in GDP, cosmetic and dental hospital settings.

Best of luck with applying, I'd definitely recommend applying through PARTNERS for Newcastle, there is no cons whatsoever in my opinion. Do make sure you ace the UKCAT and meet the other requirements though as the only thing it lowers is your A level offer if you get one. Feel free to ask any more questions if you think I can help you out

ReputationRep:
    I still haven't heard from newcastle for an interview, should I be worried?!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by skittles100)
    I still haven't heard from newcastle for an interview, should I be worried?!

Posted from TSR Mobile
    I don't know, my interview is this week so it is possible that they will send out more after this week? You could try ringing them and asking, I would say that no news is better than a rejection though. Hope you get some good news soon

ReputationRep:
    I don't know, my interview is this week so it is possible that they will send out more after this week? You could try ringing them and asking, I would say that no news is better than a rejection though. Hope you get some good news soon
    Thank you! I think I will ring them tomorrow & good luck for your interview!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by skittles100)
    Thank you! I think I will ring them tomorrow & good luck for your interview!

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Yeah that's a good plan and thank you

ReputationRep:
    Hi, is anyone still waiting to hear from Newcastle? I have still heard nothing! :/

ReputationRep:
    You only need to meet one criteria so if you've checked your postcode and you meet that, that is enough to qualify.

My stats were AABC at AS, predicted AAA at A2 and equivalent of 12A* 3A and 1B at GCSE. My UKCAT was 650 , band 2. I have 16 days of work experience in GDP, cosmetic and dental hospital settings.

Best of luck with applying, I'd definitely recommend applying through PARTNERS for Newcastle, there is no cons whatsoever in my opinion. Do make sure you ace the UKCAT and meet the other requirements though as the only thing it lowers is your A level offer if you get one. Feel free to ask any more questions if you think I can help you out
    If you dont mind me asking, where else did you apply?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by four4)
    If you dont mind me asking, where else did you apply?
    Sheffield, Bristol and Leeds

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Halltilly)
    Hi, is anyone still waiting to hear from Newcastle? I have still heard nothing! :/
    what were your stats if you don't mind me asking

ReputationRep:
    how did people find the interview??

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: April 19, 2016
Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.