Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

The ex watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    Cliche I know I thought she was the one, she asked me out, she said she was happy and content but not in love. Said I'd done nothing wrong.

The breakup came at me sideways. Didn't know there were any problems until it happened. Really taken the wind out of me even after months. I'm happy with my life - I do miss her a lot and she normally is the first thing I think of in the morning. Sigh :/

This is bull****. Sure she cares about you, but ultimately something happened - something you did - and it caused the rupture.

This is a normal process. Girls take time to think, think again and over think the break ups. She doesn't want it to happen, but you didn't realise what you were doing wrong, so over a period of a few weeks, she gave up and broke up with you.

You're going through a period of grieving now... you need to learn that you can live without her. Think about yourself now.

ReputationRep:
    Took me like 2/3 years to finally stop thinking about the decision to break up with my ex, but it happens and you get there and you realise it was the right thing and you find someone that makes you feel the same if not better

(Original post by The Blue Axolotl)
    This is bull****. Sure she cares about you, but ultimately something happened - something you did - and it caused the rupture.

This is a normal process. Girls take time to think, think again and over think the break ups. She doesn't want it to happen, but you didn't realise what you were doing wrong, so over a period of a few weeks, she gave up and broke up with you.

You're going through a period of grieving now... you need to learn that you can live without her. Think about yourself now.
    I've been wracking my brain over this time and time and time again.

I in my first message apologised for my failings in the relationship. Too late and I've learnt from them but I felt it was the right thing to do, again she said I'd done nothing wrong and I don't need to apologise.

The only other thing that it could be was I was a little shy when meeting new people. I went traveling just before the breakup and so had she, she broke up the day I got back. That shyness went, talking to so many people while away helped me to overcome that.

I really can't think of anything else I did or did not do.

Maybe I when I was unhappy at my previous job I did rely on her happiness wise.

I know I can live without her. I just really liked her and everything else in my life in now in a position here I want it and am happy with it and then that happened.

I suppose I'd like some answers really. She said she lived me but wasn't in love - I know it's a classic line but you don't just wake up a realise you aren't in love with someone I'd like to know what she actually means.

She also invited me to go traveling - I accepted I would like to know why she did tht a few weeks before breaking up.

ReputationRep:
    You're torturing yourself here...

Some things you just wont get the answers to.

It seems like you've managed relatively ok thus far without her, why turn back now?

(Original post by Spongebob'sPants)
    You're torturing yourself here...

Some things you just wont get the answers to.

It seems like you've managed relatively ok thus far without her, why turn back now?
    I need closure or at least to try and get it. The 3 months were no contact but I always wanted answers. It's just how I work - I learnt in the last few months to do what makes you happy and I know I won't be at peace until I try and get answers.

ReputationRep:
    I'd just ask and if you get a reply then great if not then you don't.

Posted from TSR Mobile

But what do I say to get the answers I feel I need?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    But what do I say to get the answers I feel I need?
    You ask the questions you feel you need to ask to get the answers you need.

ReputationRep:
    The question is, would you have posted this if a mate hadn't replied to you for a few days?

(Original post by The Blue Axolotl)

I think I did figure it out, I relied on her too much for my happiness. I was in a dark place with work and where I lived and I complained about it too much. However I didn't complain when she was away. I've now changed both of them and I am in a much better, very happy place to work.

(Original post by RollerBall)
    The question is, would you have posted this if a mate hadn't replied to you for a few days?
    No, I would have just sent another message,but as she is now an ex there are greater boundaries. Plus I was never as intimate with a mate as with a girlfriend.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: November 14, 2015
Poll
Do I go to The Streets tomorrow night?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.