Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by queen-bee)
    Nothing wrong with helping people when they're in need of help
    Some people just can't be helped, and are uncooperative/ungrateful.. :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Foo.mp3)
    Some people just can't be helped, and are uncooperative/ungrateful.. :rolleyes:
    But even Jesus has taught us to offer love and support even to our enemies. I always like to see the good in people anyway

ReputationRep:
    But even Jesus has taught us to offer love and support even to our enemies. I always like to see the good in people anyway
    This

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Vixen47)
    Yeah. I almost did the other day but the woman disappeared. I have mini breakdowns in public if I'm going through a lot of **** and it pisses me off when people watch me like I'm some circus freak but no one actually cares to help or even just sit with me.

Just because they're drunk it doesn't mean they chose to be that way. You'd have to be beyond ignorant to think that. Life throws **** at people and some are able to deal with it while others can't. Those that can't find other ways of dealing with it and usually it's not a good way to deal with it, but when they're in that position and there's no one/nothing to help them then there isn't much they can do so they need all the help they can get.
    :console:

ReputationRep:
    I wouldn't describe such people as enemies, and there's a limit to how much time one should waste on the silly sods when there are other, more deserving, characters out there who could really use/appreciate one's input and general thoughtfulness. Some people are just a total piss take and menace unto themselves - best left alone really, to wallow in their own self-inflicted misery until (with any luck) they eventually have some sort of awakening and sort their lives out :hand:

ReputationRep:
    most of the time i would unless they look threatening, then i would leave them or at least call or tell someone so that they have at least someone to look out for them

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Foo.mp3)
    I wouldn't describe such people as enemies, and there's a limit to how much time one should waste on the silly sods when there are other, more deserving, characters out there who could really use/appreciate one's input and general thoughtfulness. Some people are just a total piss take and menace unto themselves - best left alone really, to wallow in their own self-inflicted misery until (with any luck) they eventually have some sort of awakening and sort their lives out :hand:
    I guess alcohol addiction can't be cured that easily
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    I was in the middle of town the other night trying to get back to my halls, very drunk and very lost. If it weren't for two kind girls who came and drew the correct night bus numbers on my hand (in bright pink lipstick no less) I don't know what I would have done. I'm terribly grateful of their help, and because of this I would always help a drunk person out.

ReputationRep:
    For my 21st birthday, I got absolutely smashed. I don't remember what happened exactly, but it transpired that I was walking in the middle of a pretty major road in my city, looking to get home.

A lovely chap who was coming back from a party saw me, took me to the pavement, got out my phone from my pocket (one of the few times no lock is a good thing) and called up my friends, one of whom came to collect me. He also took some (quite humorous) photos of himself and me with my phone, looking like a zombie.

I tried to find him on facebook afterwards (my friend told me his name), but no avail. Ah well. I guess the best way I can pay him back in future is by helping other comatose drunks doing stupidly dangerous things when I see them.
    • Study Helper
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Study Helper
    Welcome Squad
    If they let me help, yeah why not? If they're getting violent, they can **** right off.

ReputationRep:
    I don't understand how women can allow themselves to fall into such a vulnerable state for the sake for "having a good time".
    Personal responsiblity seems to go out the window when alcohol is concerned.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by RivalPlayer)
    I don't understand how women can allow themselves to fall into such a vulnerable state for the sake for "having a good time".
    Personal responsiblity seems to go out the window when alcohol is concerned.
    Thay don't all plan to do it, though. Some may just be drinking for the first time and not know their limits. Other people may have been spiked, or fed drinks all night. I don't think anyone chooses to get into such bad states.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Save.Me)
    Thay don't all plan to do it, though. Some may just be drinking for the first time and not know their limits. Other people may have been spiked, or fed drinks all night. I don't think anyone chooses to get into such bad states.
    Shrugging personal responsibility.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    I don't usually come across lone drunk people. :flower2: However, the other month there was a very drunk man rolling around on the floor, I did ask him if he needed any help standing or something but he politely declined my offer. I then went off into the night to buy cheesy chips with mayonaise :moon:

ReputationRep:

Always help drunk people, guys.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TheGuyReturns)
    Pfft,
    They are the ones who drank to the point of confusion. They can deal with it.

Ain't nobody got time da dat **** lmfao yes :clap2:

ReputationRep:
    I don't think anyone chooses to get into such bad states.
    Naive! :ahee:

ReputationRep:
    I would probably stop and help a girl but not a guy just because I'd want to be careful of my own safety and a guy would be stronger than me. I have stopped and helped a drunk girl call a friend to get her before, it really doesn't take much to just make sure someone is safe, but could make a huge difference to their life.

ReputationRep:
    Sounds like a bunch of excuses to me.

ReputationRep:
    No I wouldn't. Drunk people are unstable and you are putting yourself at risk by doing so. What is the point?

Poll
Do you like carrot cake?
Useful resources
AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.