Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

Ask the TSR Government - 22nd Parliament watch

Announcements
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    (Original post by Aph)
    UKIP and other such organisations have been stating that we should block all refugees entering the country & Europe (which would endanger their lives), the threat that they woudl do this is used to try and influence the government and intimidates Muslims for the purpose of advancing their political and racial (Nigel has said many times he'd be scared to live next to a Romanian) veiws. So it meets all the criteria in the 2000 terrorism act to be designated a terrorist organisation by the home sec.
    By this logic those advocating they come are also terrorists, as that also endangers their lives... Well done Aph on making yourself, along with everybody else, a terrorist.
    • Very Important Poster

ReputationRep:
    Very Important Poster
    (Original post by Jammy Duel)
    By this logic those advocating they come are also terrorists, as that also endangers their lives... Well done Aph on making yourself, along with everybody else, a terrorist.
    I don't belive so. By letting people in we are not threatening anyone.
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    (Original post by Aph)
    I don't belive so. By letting people in we are not threatening anyone.
    So there is absolutely 0 risk in travelling or living in Europe?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Aph)
    UKIP and other such organisations have been stating that we should block all refugees entering the country & Europe (which would endanger their lives), the threat that they woudl do this is used to try and influence the government and intimidates Muslims for the purpose of advancing their political and racial (Nigel has said many times he'd be scared to live next to a Romanian) veiws. So it meets all the criteria in the 2000 terrorism act to be designated a terrorist organisation by the home sec.
    This reasoning is absurd. I'd strongly consider reading some case law on the interpretation of the Act in your position.
    • Very Important Poster

ReputationRep:
    Very Important Poster
    So there is absolutely 0 risk in travelling or living in Europe?
    There is 0 risk in nothing in life but death.
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    (Original post by Aph)
    There is 0 risk in nothing in life but death.
    So everybody's a terrorist.
    • Very Important Poster

ReputationRep:
    Very Important Poster
    So everybody's a terrorist.
    The point is about threatening people not putting them at risk.

(Original post by TheDefiniteArticle)
    This reasoning is absurd. I'd strongly consider reading some case law on the interpretation of the Act in your position.
    There are a lot more reasons why they could be considered terrorists but that was something I thought that that was one of teh more legalese arguments.

ReputationRep:
    What action will the government take to ensure the minimalist risk to the British people incase of any terrorist attacks!
    • Wiki Support Team
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Wiki Support Team
    Political Ambassador
    (Original post by Aph)
    Could I ask wether the home minister woudl consider adding UKIP, BNP, Britain First and any other such parties to the list for terrorist organisations?
    I will not be placing these Parties on the list for terrorist organisations. I am an advocate for free speech and will attempt to block any attempts to undermine this.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    What is the Government's view on possible co-operation with the Russian President on the issue of ISIS/ISIL ?
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    (Original post by Aph)
    The point is about threatening people not putting them at risk.
    So where's the problem, bar you not liking any of those groups. If we want to be as strict as you are trying to be I'm pretty sure we could find some way that you're a terrorist.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    • Very Important Poster

ReputationRep:
    Very Important Poster
    So where's the problem, bar you not liking any of those groups. If we want to be as strict as you are trying to be I'm pretty sure we could find some way that you're a terrorist.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    They are threatening to send people back into war zones and inciting hatred and social in-cohesion, this is a threat.
    (Original post by PetrosAC)
    I will not be placing these Parties on the list for terrorist organisations. I am an advocate for free speech and will attempt to block any attempts to undermine this.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Free speech only extends to not putting others in harm. If your use of free speech is to incite hatred or violence then you should not have free speech. Woudl you not agree?
    • Wiki Support Team

ReputationRep:
    Wiki Support Team
    (Original post by Moleman1996)
    What is the Government's view on possible co-operation with the Russian President on the issue of ISIS/ISIL ?
    As Foreign Secretary I believe we need to realise that we and the Russians have a common enemy in Islamic State. I am certainly open to taking the view that maintaining Assad in power for the short term may be the best solution in taking down the principal threat in the region that IS constitute. The eventual aim for Syria, as it is really for every other country in the world, is to have a secular or near-secular democracy.

The problem for the West is that we're kind of damned if we support these dictators because they are often the most stable option for government, and damned if we try to remove them.
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    (Original post by Aph)
    They are threatening to send people back into war zones and inciting hatred and social in-cohesion, this is a threat.

Free speech only extends to not putting others in harm. If your use of free speech is to incite hatred or violence then you should not have free speech. Woudl you not agree?
    The entirety of the world outside Europe is a war zone? How is the news not covering this?! When did war break out in France, incidentally?
    • Very Important Poster

ReputationRep:
    Very Important Poster
    The entirety of the world outside Europe is a war zone? How is the news not covering this?! When did war break out in France, incidentally?
    France is in Europe... And you know what I meen
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    (Original post by Aph)
    France is in Europe... And you know what I meen
    You also included simply not letting them into Britain, so staying in France, so when did it become an active warzone? When did Most of the Middle East for the matter?
    • Very Important Poster

ReputationRep:
    Very Important Poster
    You also included simply not letting them into Britain, so staying in France, so when did it become an active warzone? When did Most of the Middle East for the matter?
    I said not letting them into Europe. And most of the Middle East is a war zone.

ReputationRep:
    If the Government happens, by some miracle, to accede to Aph's crackpot demand outside of legislation, I shall seek to have a constitutional Court set up and seek judicial review.
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    (Original post by Aph)
    We all know you want it to be so, but the USSE does not exist just yet

(Original post by Aph)
    I said not letting them into Europe.
    See above

And most of the Middle East is a war zone.
    Asia Minor (Turkey) is not a war zone; Persia (Iran) isn't either; I'll give you that Mesopotamia (pretty much the bit IS is in, most of Iraq and Syria) is a war zone; some of the Levant (which has some overlap with Mesopotamia with both the ancient and 20th century borders) is a war zone, but most isn't, especially if taking the ancient extent; the Arabian peninsula, that bit that makes up a massive amount of the Middle East, is not a war zone; nor is Egypt. Not much of the Middle East is a war zone, in case you didn't realise, Mesopotamia does not make up the majority of the middle east
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    (Original post by TheDefiniteArticle)
    If the Government happens, by some miracle, to accede to Aph's crackpot demand outside of legislation, I shall seek to have a constitutional Court set up and seek judicial review.
    Or see if we can set a record for shortest government.

Poll
Do I go to The Streets tomorrow night?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.