Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

Would you snoop on your bf's/gf's phone? watch

Announcements
  • View Poll Results: Would you secretly check through your bf or gf's phone?
    Yes, nothing wrong with a bit of snooping
    31.41%
    No, privacy is important
    68.59%

ReputationRep:
    Only to source the snapchat usernames of her better looking friends. Other than that no.

ReputationRep:
    Naw, not my style :bandit:

Spoiler:
    Show
    Wouldn't be with someone suspicious in the first place, would have a lot of openness between us, and would simply ask to see it if I suspected owt

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by shooks)
    Facebook posts.
    That's not invading someone's privacy if they have their post privacy on "friends" or "public" for everyone to see, so there's nothing wrong with looking at their posts.
    Texts and photos, however, are invading their personal space.

ReputationRep:
    Only an idiot would use the same phone to cheat anyway, real men use burners that we discard like our women

Oh my God that was such a douchey thing to say lol

No need. She tells me always that she is talking to other guys and how they send sexual messages and pictures

ReputationRep:
    We don't really bother with "mine and yours"... we have two identical phones and just grab one.

ReputationRep:
    Yes, and it's not because I don't trust her. (The notion that she would ever willingly face the disappointment of being with someone other than me is ridiculous). Sometimes, when she's out the room or goes to the toilet at restaurants, I'm bored, and looking through her texts is a good antidote.

ReputationRep:
    I had a thing that happened where we were so comfortable with eachother, not suspicious at all, I'd answer his phone he'd answer mine I didn't mind if he looked at my texts if I got one or texted off my phone to people if his wasn't nearby and vice versa.

I was using his phone one day because I had no internet on mine and a message came through without a number, my partner is notorious for not saving anybodies number so I clicked on the message to see if I could work out which one of our friends it was (we share the same friend circle) Unfortunately the last couple messages had something pretty horrible about me written on them.. it was to a guy not a girl and he got upset and said he was making it up to make this guy feel better about his recent breakup after he had flaunted our relationship.

SO.. idk, since then we're not so sharing, not because either of us thinks the other one has anything to hide but because things can be misconstrued and it's not worth the hassle!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JC.)
    We don't really bother with "mine and yours"... we have two identical phones and just grab one.
    That's kind of weird. Why not just have one phone then?

Don't either of you talk to friends on whatsapp or anything like that?
    • Section Leader

ReputationRep:
    Section Leader
    I can't really imagine being with a girl I didn't trust enough not to snoop on her phone.
    • Community Assistant
    • Very Important Poster

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    Very Important Poster
    Probably not.
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    No. If I didn't trust them, I wouldn't be with them.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Foo.mp3)
    Naw, not my style :bandit:
    Spoiler:
    Show
    Wouldn't be with someone suspicious in the first place, would have a lot of openness between us, and would simply ask to see it if I suspected owt
    Tell me about it. Nothing worse than being with a person who's always fearful/doubtful continuously. Where there's no trust,there's nothing. I would definitely not get into a relationship with someone I didn't trust and who I felt was too pushy/snoopy

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by e aí rapaz)
    That's kind of weird. Why not just have one phone then?

Don't either of you talk to friends on whatsapp or anything like that?
    I've no idea what "whatsapp" is. Friends and customers call the land line and we try not to give the mobile numbers out. I don't want to be accessible 24/7.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JC.)
    I've no idea what "whatsapp" is. Friends and customers call the land line and we try not to give the mobile numbers out. I don't want to be accessible 24/7.
    Seriously? Everyone uses whatsapp. It's a popular messaging app

ReputationRep:
    Neither of us have anything to hide from each other, so we've done it a lot already :lol:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JC.)
    Wow. Fair enough.

As of September 2015, WhatsApp had a user base of up to 900 million,[4] making it the most globally popular messaging application.[5]

WhatsApp Inc., based in Mountain View, California, was acquired by Facebook Inc. on February 19, 2014, for approximately US$16 billion

ReputationRep:
    I'm fascinated by the number of people that have said that there's nothing wrong with it. I take ICT for a GCSE subject and coincidentally just today we've been learning about hacking, viruses etc. While it's not really hacking if you just know their password, I'm pretty sure it's illegal to use someone else's device without permission. I doubt anything serious would come of it for the offender unless you were causing serious damage / trouble for the other person, but it's not a great thing to do. It's an obvious breech of privacy. Moreover if you don't trust your partner to the extent where you feel the need to know everything they're doing then it's not a healthy relationship, regardless of how you feel.

ReputationRep:
    Nope nope nope.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by queen-bee)
    Seriously? Everyone uses whatsapp. It's a popular messaging app
    I'm not interested in nonsense like that. If someone wants to speak to me they can call me at home or knock on the front door.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: November 12, 2015
Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.