Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

Do you think it is intrusive for a sibling's boyf to go on at you for being jobless? watch

Announcements

(Original post by The Empire Odyssey)
    I think the REAL question here is: Why AREN'T you looking for a job?

I personally can see where he's coming from. I think when I'm around unambitious people who laze around the house all day, not doing anything with their life and living off their parent(s), then that because annoying and off-putting. I wouldn't want to be around someone who has a lack of enthusiasm for work, ambition and pride.

For me personally, if I was dating someone, and their sibiling just cgaf about life and jobs, then that would be such a total embarrassment to know your dating someone who has a sibling that is a bum.

You're probably just killing his vibe aaand probably the fact they you're always home and they need space could have something to do with it.
    Also as I said earlier they don't live with me also I do look for jobs.

ReputationRep:
    Some people just like getting involved and sticking their nose where it doesn't belong.

My boyfriend's sister once gave a long, shouty rant about how I was too young for him and in a few years I would get bored and leave him for someone younger, blah, blah, blah.

The real reason she was upset, is that her own relationship is totally stagnant and her boyfriend of 8+ years doesn't want to marry her or have children. We don't say anything about her relationship, but she thought she had the right to have a go at my boyfriend about ours.

There is a risk that if you talk to him yourself, then you're sister will be annoyed at you being rude to him, so I think that the best thing for you to do is to tell your sister that you don't appreciate him having a go at you and ask her to make him back off.
    • TSR Support Team
    • Study Helper

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    Study Helper
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    Also as I said earlier they don't live with me also I do look for jobs.
    Oh well in that case, tell him where to go!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    no he doesn't live here it is when he comes round
    Next time he does it kick him out. Tell him he can come back in when he learns some manners.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Plumstone)
    Some people just like getting involved and sticking their nose where it doesn't belong.

My boyfriend's sister once gave a long, shouty rant about how I was too young for him and in a few years I would get bored and leave him for someone younger, blah, blah, blah.

The real reason she was upset, is that her own relationship is totally stagnant and her boyfriend of 8+ years doesn't want to marry her or have children. We don't say anything about her relationship, but she thought she had the right to have a go at my boyfriend about ours.

There is a risk that if you talk to him yourself, then you're sister will be annoyed at you being rude to him, so I think that the best thing for you to do is to tell your sister that you don't appreciate him having a go at you and ask her to make him back off.
    I agree.

My parents' "middle class" friends, a lot of whom had been to uni but were in jobs they hated, used to have a go at me for not going and getting a job instead despite having good A levels.

Maybe he is insecure

ReputationRep:
    unless he is going to offer you a job he should STFU

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: November 13, 2015
Poll
Do you like carrot cake?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.