Turn on thread page Beta

Hello, I was diagnose with a heart murmur, is it likely I'll die from it? watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by I love life)
    24 isn't old whatsoever, try switching the numbere around, perhaps 42 is old af

And I bet your aged about 10
    copied other poster you did

ReputationRep:
    Hello

I went into hospital about the age of 12- 14 as I had a rash on my neck or something but we never found out what that was but at the hospital I was put on a machine and the doctor told me my heart rhythm sounded irregular, the doctor or nurse told me I had a slight heart murmur ( can't remember if they actually said it was a slight murmur or not) but they told me It was nothing to worry about and didn't say I needed treatment.

I was 24 last month, woop woop!!
    Sometimes I feel breathless and find it hard for a few seconds to catch breath, not sure if that may be due to exhaustion, anxiety or heart murmur

I'll cut too the chase and I want your honest opinion, do you think I will die from a heart murmur ?
    Lots of people have heart murmurs their whole life and it has no impact on them so I would try not to worry too much. However as you are getting breathless it is probably worth asking your GP to have a look at you. This is something that I would be suggesting to anyone even if they didn't have a murmur

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mihael_Keehl)
    17 noob.
    Well then you're nearly 'old af' then aren't you?

(Original post by ChaoticButterfly)
    If you think 24 is young you must be what? 25?
    Damn, I'm rumbled.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by somethingbeautiful)
    Well then you're nearly 'old af' then aren't you?

Damn, I'm rumbled.
    scrub 7 years

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AngryRedhead)
    My apologies; I thought they were analogous. I remember having an electrocardiogram done on me which is what showed up me having a slow heart rhythm in the first place but they did say that they might need to do an echocardiogram to find out if one of my valves is a bit wonky. Is that right?

I'm 21 and I have a heart murmur, should I be worried?
    No, an ECG is just having sticky electrodes placed on your chest and they do a print out of your heart's electrical activity, an echo is an ultrasound scan of the heart.

It's not necessarily something to be worried about, especially if you have no symptoms. You can always ask your GP if they can give you a bit more information about the investigations you've had.

ReputationRep:
    Hello

I went into hospital about the age of 12- 14 as I had a rash on my neck or something but we never found out what that was but at the hospital I was put on a machine and the doctor told me my heart rhythm sounded irregular, the doctor or nurse told me I had a slight heart murmur ( can't remember if they actually said it was a slight murmur or not) but they told me It was nothing to worry about and didn't say I needed treatment.

I was 24 last month, woop woop!!
    Sometimes I feel breathless and find it hard for a few seconds to catch breath, not sure if that may be due to exhaustion, anxiety or heart murmur

I'll cut too the chase and I want your honest opinion, do you think I will die from a heart murmur ?
    First things first well done
    Two - no you won't. I had a heart murmur when I was a baby and I'm 17 next year! I think its to do with your lifestyle and looking after yourself

Posted from TSR Mobile

Poll
Do you think parents should charge rent?
Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.