The Student Room Group

Can predicted grades make a uni reject me?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Predicted grades is absolute bull****. This was certainly true in my case, however they may be indicative of most people's A2 performance hence why universities do consider it.

I was predicted CDE and ended up with ABC studying at University of Reading. People were telling me not to be so reliant on adjustment but I set my mind to it and I sure as hell knew that I was going to exceed my predicted grades. So i'm just putting it out there that going through adjustment is a perfectly fine option.

This does suggest however that I needed adjustment to get a uni offer. That is not correct as I had received 4/5 of my offers. One of the offers was from University of East Anglia to study History with the requirements BBB. I was predicted CDE. So there is definitely other options that affect the universities decisions to accept applicants. Such as personal statement, showcasing your motivation and reasons for undertaking study in your selected area.

Unfortunately, the likelihood of your preferred universities accepting your application is not as high as it should be due to the predicted grades. I suggest contacting the university themselves and inquiring about their course requirements and try to make sure that they note down your name for some sort of alternative clause in a supposed offer such as a foundation year. When your results come in and you have exceeded your grades than you can call them then and ask them if you can be put into the normal 3 or however many years the normal course is for instead of the extra foundation year.

I hated the fact that I had offers from universities that I didn't really prefer and so I tried not to go into my revision with the aim to achieve the requirements of said universities but instead to better them. Doing your absolute best should always be your number 1 target.

Don't let predicted grades hinder your path to university or to success or greatness in any other further education you wish to pursue.

Good Luck JAMB97 :wink: :smile: :smile: :smile: x

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending