Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

Tattoos on women watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    Thigh tats oh lawwwd

ReputationRep:
    I think it all depends on the quality , shape , place and amount.

some might look gorgeous/artistic/cute and some might look down right trashy and disgusting tbh.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AngryRedhead)
    Generally speaking if you turned off by something you wouldn't find that attribute attractive and therefore you would not want to have sex with that person because of that. Am I understanding male attraction correctly or is it more complicated than that?

I get what you're saying but what a tattoo means to an outside observer will be different to what it means to be person who got it. You only think you know what it means, therefore your judgement is based on your own perceptions and knowledge, and not theirs. It could mean something completely different to know what it really means you would have to get to know them as a person to find the 'real' meaning behind the tattoo
    "Is it more complicated than that?" You are aware that human behaviour is ENORMOUSLY complex and the study of attraction is one of the most debated of all. Attraction is not a binary state, good god you accuse us of being shallow, but regard male attraction as simple.

I have no illusions that a tattoos meaning may be lost in translation but it is not comparable to hair colour and it isn't an immutable characteristic. However people have preferences and react to situations uniquely, I've seen tattoos that have had me enraptured, others have repulsed me. I don't find smoking an attractive trait but it is a major part of the femme fatale image and I have been attracted to people I know smoke. Regardless of what it is, some people will react differently to it, that can't be helped but isn't intrinsically a negative.

ReputationRep:
    I do but to a certain extent I can overcome them and circumvent them. Can men not do that too?
    Well men, like women, are all different. But yes, most of us can. Only one person has said he couldn't overcome this turn off, and that was only if they were "exceptionally noticeable".

That isn't what the question is asking though, is it? It's asking whether tattoos are a turn on or not.

ReputationRep:
    I do but to a certain extent I can overcome them and circumvent them. Can men not do that too?
    It depends how big a deal it is for the individual person. It's not black and white.

Finding aesthetic aspects of someone attractive or unattractive isn't in itself shallow. Reacting to that makes it sound as though you're getting defensive.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Gwilym101)
    "Is it more complicated than that?" You are aware that human behaviour is ENORMOUSLY complex and the study of attraction is one of the most debated of all. Attraction is not a binary state, good god you accuse us of being shallow, but regard male attraction as simple.

I have no illusions that a tattoos meaning may be lost in translation but it is not comparable to hair colour and it isn't an immutable characteristic. However people have preferences and react to situations uniquely, I've seen tattoos that have had me enraptured, others have repulsed me. I don't find smoking an attractive trait but it is a major part of the femme fatale image and I have been attracted to people I know smoke. Regardless of what it is, some people will react differently to it, that can't be helped but isn't intrinsically a negative.
    I was under the impression that men, compared to women, are simpler when it comes to matters such as physical attraction and sex. I apologise for my ignorance of male psychology.

Hair colour can be changed to a certain extent so in that sense tattoo's are similar to hair colour. You can also get rid of tattoo's by way of laser removal. I'm not sure if it gets rid of them completely but the option is still there.

Out of curiousity what kind of tattoo;s attracted you and what kind repulsed you?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TurboCretin)
    It depends how big a deal it is for the individual person. It's not black and white.

Finding aesthetic aspects of someone attractive or unattractive isn't in itself shallow. Reacting to that makes it sound as though you're getting defensive.
    Nah, I'm just curious. Men constantly go at women for being shallow and looks orientated (which is how and why movements such as TRP came about, I presume) and then reject a potential partner based purely on whether or not they have a bit of ink under the skin?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mankytoes)
    Well men, like women, are all different. But yes, most of us can. Only one person has said he couldn't overcome this turn off, and that was only if they were "exceptionally noticeable".

That isn't what the question is asking though, is it? It's asking whether tattoos are a turn on or not.
    Fair enough, I'm just curious why, is all

ReputationRep:
    Nah, I'm just curious. Men constantly go at women for being shallow and looks orientated (which is how and why movements such as TRP came about, I presume) and then reject a potential partner based purely on whether or not they have a bit of ink under the skin?
    Not neccessarily the same men though. Most of those men are sexist, hypocritical idiots. What actual percentage of men would say they support Red Pill? Probably well under 1%.

ReputationRep:
    I think it's hella hot

ReputationRep:
    I was under the impression that men, compared to women, are simpler when it comes to matters such as physical attraction and sex. I apologise for my ignorance of male psychology.

Hair colour can be changed to a certain extent so in that sense tattoo's are similar to hair colour. You can also get rid of tattoo's by way of laser removal. I'm not sure if it gets rid of them completely but the option is still there.

Out of curiousity what kind of tattoo;s attracted you and what kind repulsed you?
    Men tend to be more open with regards to attraction but even if they were simpler it would still be massively complex.

Tattoo removal is not 100% effective, certain colours are very resistant to the laser treatment, it is more expensive than getting the tattoo (which is not cheap by any means) and dying your hair is at best a temporary activity and I say that having friends I've know for the best part of a decade whom I've never actually seen their real hair colour.

The tattoos the attracted me one that were particularly colourful and complex, using where they were on the body. I saw one that was a serpent coiled around an arm with a blood red apple in its mouth, I've seen some that were almost photo realistic flowers, or silhouettes, one that sticks in my mind was a famous fossil.

Some that repulsed me were things like fully detailed rotting zombies (even though I like zombie films, books and games), symbolism I didn't approve of, one that sticks in my mind was a fully detailed eye across someones back because it was unnerving to look at.

ReputationRep:
    Depends upon:

1) the tattoo design
    2) where the tattoo is
    3) the girl's appearance

ReputationRep:
    Normally I find tattoos very attractive, but only if they're done well.

It's always lovely when a woman has one that compliments/accentuates her shape (I especially like realistic artwork and traditional Japanese designs).
    It's also good if the tattoo has some sort of personal meaning; it irks me a bit when people rush into getting a tattoo just because they want to seem "cool".
    I have a lot more respect for special pieces of ink.

However, there is such a thing as overkill. I wouldn't be attracted to someone covered in flames, skulls, and corpses...

Just my opinion.

ReputationRep:
    As a tattooed woman, my opinion may be slightly bias.

Generally I find them attractive on women if they're artistic and of a good standard. If they're not very good or cliche then for me it's not something I find attractive.

ReputationRep:
    Some girls can seriously work em. But really you've gotta get cool arsty bullcrap, any random quotes and dumb things and clichés are just nah.

You've gotten far too deep into this lmao

ReputationRep:
    Men and women both do it. People don't generally like being judged on things they can't change, but that's life.

Perhaps it's worse with something you can't change but chose to do to yourself.

ReputationRep:
    I find them ugly. Sleeve tattoos are especially repulsive for me.

ReputationRep:
    If she's attractive in the first place, they generally look good. If she's uggo then they generally look gross

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: November 11, 2015
Poll
Do I go to The Streets tomorrow night?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.