Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

Anyone from Brampton manor academy sixth form? watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by dragonblazer11)
    i might see you around, in year 13 at the moment
    Yeah probably xD - It's weird, I could have passed you in the corridors like 10 times already 😂

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Frizzy876)
    Yeah probably xD - It's weird, I could have passed you in the corridors like 10 times already 😂
    yeah, lol. btw, what was ur name

ReputationRep:
    Hi Guys!! Hope it's not too late to put my input in ( @Frizzy876 ) I'm from Luton and looking to apply to good colleges outside of Luton! Would you advise me to apply for Brampton?

ReputationRep:
    I'm going to an interview at Brampton soon and I really need to prepare so would you please tell me what type of questions they ask you?

ReputationRep:
    I want to take exactly those A Levels at Brampton. I wanted to ask whether the teaching staff teaching all those subjects are really good at delivering? also have you got any tips for studying those A-levels?

ReputationRep:
    I went brampton and let me tell you, brampton sixth form is basically secondary school again, its a normal school day from 8 to 2 30 and you noooo breaks, your free periods you have to go to the study area and study, and if you don't you get detention, they still do detention!!!, no homework detention, youre late to class detention, and if you miss school they call home and bring your parents in and if you do it a bit more they threaten to kick you out, and yh if you dont get a certain grade they kick you out

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tanyakhnm)
    Heard a lot of rumours that the only reason that Brampton students achieve to high is because they are threatened to be kicked out if they don't do well.... need someone to clarify this.
    no, the reason we do well is because of the excellent teaching, loads of study space and study time, high pressure environment, course content finished by February, 3 mocks a year and discipline and sense of community. Not the threat haha
    People at Brampton do well on their own accord, not just because they want to stay another year. Plus, if they were only there to not get kicked out and not for any other reason (uni, apprenticeship etc) then they shouldn't even be there lol
    Tbh, its a great community, year 12 is really close knit for example and most the teachers become your friends. Not getting kicked out shouldn't be your priority when you're in education

Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?
Help with your A-levels

All the essentials

The adventure begins mug

Student life: what to expect

What it's really like going to uni

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Uni match

Uni match

Our tool will help you find the perfect course for you

Study planner

Create a study plan

Get your head around what you need to do and when with the study planner tool.

Study planner

Resources by subject

Everything from mind maps to class notes.

Hands typing

Degrees without fees

Discover more about degree-level apprenticeships.

A student doing homework

Study tips from A* students

Students who got top grades in their A-levels share their secrets

Study help links and info

Can you help? Study help unanswered threadsRules and posting guidelines

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.