Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

Is emotional or physical pain worse? watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    Emotional. Physical doesn't affect me too much, especially when I know I'll be feeling it for quite a while and I can get over it, but when it's emotional - it's harder to stop thinking about, which makes it worse IMO.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by yasaminO_o)
    Are you working on multiple accounts
    I told you she's mine, stop harrasing you complete rent boys. Babe I got ya these boys aint got nothing pm me if your interested. Only a real man protects their girl

ReputationRep:
    Are you guys alright
    Im feeling lucky, lets play a game of who can *** first

ReputationRep:
    get help
    Compared to these tards im decent, but if you dont want help then fairs

ReputationRep:
    what is happening
    my **** is up that's whats happened

ReputationRep:
    im no weatherman but you cant expect a few inches tonight.

ReputationRep:
    do shut up dear x
    Huh, what did I say lol

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Fiduciam)
    Huh, what did I say lol
    lol sorry replied to the wrong post :')

ReputationRep:
    Emotional. Without a doubt.

ReputationRep:
    Physical any day.
    Try getting a cluster headache if you like the feeling of a hot searing poker rammed through your brain. Or try shattering your arm.

ReputationRep:
    Both are the same animal, just a different type. They can both be minor, or life destroying.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by pecora)
    Yyyeah, gl with your paracetamol strategy whilst giving birth or getting 1st degree burns. It is possible to die from physical pain. Of course, some would argue that one can die from emotional pain by committing suicide, but 1) it's a choice 2) lots of sufferers don't commit suicide, proving it is survivable.

People who say emotional pain is worse than physical have never experienced serious physical pain.
    I know it is possible to die from physical pain, I didn't say it wasn't. Also you saying suicide is a choice makes it sound like people want to be in that position, which is really insensitive. Suicide shows how terrible emotional pain can be, if anything. That being said, physical pain is still (slightly, not loads, which is what you must have thought I meant) easier to deal with than emotional pain, because there are remedies available 80% of the time, but there is no surefire way of getting rid of emotional pain. Also it's cute how you assume I've never been in serious physical pain.
    Like someone else said though, it is true that you can't really compare the two.

(Original post by william walker)
    Physical.
    (Original post by loki123456)
    I would really appreciate it if people could answer the one question survey below to help with my english coursework

http://goo.gl/forms/ebPyBDhzQF
    Emotional.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by pecora)
    Yyyeah, gl with your paracetamol strategy whilst giving birth or getting 1st degree burns. It is possible to die from physical pain. Of course, some would argue that one can die from emotional pain by committing suicide, but 1) it's a choice 2) lots of sufferers don't commit suicide, proving it is survivable.

People who say emotional pain is worse than physical have never experienced serious physical pain.
    Paracetemol mighy not help with burns, but morphine probably would.

ReputationRep:
    Emotional is worse.

You can get over a punch or a slap after a few weeks, days even. whereas emotional abuse takes a lifetime to get over.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    It is unique to all. As some have already mentioned, a lot of physical pain can be easily remedied - painkillers, surgery, etc. where as emotional damage is much more difficult (for me, personally) to reverse. there's no universal remedy for each type of emotional pain and I think that's where it's seen to be so much more difficult for many. Emotional pain, it's personal. It's unique.

ReputationRep:
    In the moment, definitely physical.

But I think emotional trauma is more painful to deal with across your life as it is more long lasting and wears you down bit by bit.

I'd rather break a leg than suffer through a serious emotional trauma any day.

ReputationRep:
    Having had both, emotional (depression, hospital inpatient) > Physical (motorbike accident, hit by car at 50mph, multiple fractures)

I would sooner be hit by a car again than have mental health problems.

ReputationRep:
    I'd say emotional pain is worse

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by hilrho)
    Emotional.
    Personally I would say psychological pain in the worst and most long lasting. However it wasn't an option.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: January 8, 2016
Poll
Do I go to The Streets tomorrow night?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.