Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

I really fancy this guy at the gym watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by the bear)
    OP just ignore the foolish jokers above. this is not Chat.

You could maybe ask the gentleman to "spot" for you or to advise you on your training plan ?

If he is interested it will become obvious.
    Pretty sure every guy , even mid set would spot a girl.

Spoiler:
    Show
    Because they're gentleman obviously...

ReputationRep:
    Just keep doing Good Mornings next to whatever machine he's on. He'll get the idea.

ReputationRep:
    I met one of my ex girlfriends in the gym. She approached me to help her with some free weight stuff. We got chatting and the rest is history.

Once that first awkward intro is out of the way you,k be fine.

I wonder what the reaction would be if it was the gender roles were swtiched hmmm

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Modesty)
    We are not animals
    Yes we are, primates to be exact.

we can't go round having sex with all the opposite genders we find attractive.
    In case you hadn't noticed, we can and we do. People also have sex with others of the same gender.

Self control is important i life.
    Having sex with people you find attractive does not necessarily = lack of self control, just like eating when you're feeling hungry =/= lack of self control with food.

(Original post by Modesty)
    Scientists also say that humans evolved from monkeys but we know thats not true.
    No they don't. They say that humans and apes have a common ancestor which is true, as all the evidence demonstrates. But this is irrelevant to the topic anyway.

As i always told my science teacher(who was an atheist and would argue with me about creation to the ground) 'you're ancestors maybe of been monkeys but mine were walking talking people.
    Childish retort. Your teacher is human and so are you, so both of you are descended from the same ancestor, which we share with apes.

I should back off and let people live the way they want to be.
    But everyone will be questioned for their actions on judgement day.
    Judgement Day isn't real, Mary.

ReputationRep:
    I spoke to him, he was using the weights I needed to perform an exercise. It literally was just me asking and him saying "yeah sure" though and that was it. I think some guys go to the gym and as well as working out they'll have the odd conversation with people, and then you get other guys that are just purely focused on their gym routine and that's it, he's one of them. Maybe I should just give up? Haha

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by CharleeB96)
    I spoke to him, he was using the weights I needed to perform an exercise. It literally was just me asking and him saying "yeah sure" though and that was it. I think some guys go to the gym and as well as working out they'll have the odd conversation with people, and then you get other guys that are just purely focused on their gym routine and that's it, he's one of them. Maybe I should just give up? Haha
    Maybe he has a girlfriend/ is not interested.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by CharleeB96)
    Why do you lack confidence so badly?

Is your face horribly disfigured or something?

I got approached by a girl who recognised me in the gym about 4 years ago and, even though I didn't find her attractive and I was annoyed at being disturbed, I didn't exactly turn around and tell her to piss off. Just talk about something ffs.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: November 13, 2015
Poll
Are you going to a festival?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.