Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

Should I ask her out? watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by LiquidGold)
    Yes meet up! On tinder of it's going well and you live near each other you should arrange o meet up asap, as in after only a few days tbh

Posted from TSR Mobile

I know I should of! and normally I would, I'm just not used to this hot & cold business it's really throwing me off!

ReputationRep:
    Hey Darien I suggest you to let her know how you feeling and see where it goes from there...

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Frenchseason)
    Hey Darien I suggest you to let her know how you feeling and see where it goes from there...

Posted from TSR Mobile
    yes

"Dear heavenly blessed beauty, I have been thinking about you speechless and in awe. That deep gaze in your eyes, your perfect smile, all of your features just seem to all come together so well, almost angelical in a sense I suppose. The reason I am writing this is to let you know that I think I have found the most beautiful woman to grace us with her presence on our planet, and I am of course talking about you. I know this might mean absolutely nothing to you, and you probably get many of these types of texts and in real life BUT please understand that I am being as genuine as ever when I say that you are the ultimate dictionary definition of perfection, and I hope that one day God can bestow me with a woman as beautiful as you, I would be forever grateful. I hope that this message finds you well, I do not care if I get a response to this, I am just simply stating the obvious and had to let you know how I really felt."

ReputationRep:
    You know how you can find out if she is interested in you? Try not to contact her at all for like a week or so and see if she is coming towards you. You can reply when she writes you but you don´t initiate any conversations. If she is interested in you she will be the one who is keeping the conversations going. Some girls loose interest if you keep running after them, make yourself rare. If you don´t hear anything back from her, you have your answer. If she stands the test ask her out, but don´t make yourself seem desperate or insecure - rather say something like "Fancy dinner at Turner´s tomorrow at 8?". Good luck!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Darien91)
    Very true.. I did ask as I do with most people "what are you looking for since you're on tinder" but she avoided it. All I've found out is that she was in a relationship for 5 years, single for a few months then with someone for a month and it didn't work out. She doesn't come across as the type of person to sleep around either
    OK try asking her in person this time that way she can't run away from the question. Well just play it by ear for the time being, but make sure the date is arranged soon.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lagona)
    You know how you can find out if she is interested in you? Try not to contact her at all for like a week or so and see if she is coming towards you. You can reply when she writes you but you don´t initiate any conversations. If she is interested in you she will be the one who is keeping the conversations going. Some girls loose interest if you keep running after them, make yourself rare. If you don´t hear anything back from her, you have your answer. If she stands the test ask her out, but don´t make yourself seem desperate or insecure - rather say something like "Fancy dinner at Turner´s tomorrow at 8?". Good luck!
    oh no no no, girls hate this! that would make him just as bad, doing the hot and cold himself.
    just be honest. why is everything games. quicker you're upfront and honest quicker you find out if the girl likes you at all. quicker you can move on (to the next level, or the next girl.)

ReputationRep:
    I'll quote some more people in a bit, busy busy!

I was going to ask her tonight but her nan had a fall and is in hospital so she's with her.. Buzzkill!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lagona)
    It's a nice idea and something I actually did a few weeks ago with someone, not game playing since I said outright to her it felt like she wan't making any effort, she said "oh you're being silly of course I want to talk to you/see you" she was blunt AF the one night and I was always texting first so I said goodnight on the sunday 2 weeks ago and haven't heard off her since lmao.

ReputationRep:
    Hi All,

Recently I matched with a girl on Tinder who I really like. We've been speaking for about 4-5 weeks now and we get on really well, she's someone I would see myself in a relationship with

My only issue is I can't really gauge her interest :/ some days we speak well, like jokes, in depth and fast replies, but other days and she will be short & won't reply until a day or two later, and she always says something like "sorry Im useless at replying" or "I've been busy" but I know she's off work and only goes to the gym & walks her dog
    I understand people being busy but no matter what I'm doing if I'm interested in someone I'll make the effort, and this has happened multiple times to me before so I'm a bit wary

Thing is I have anxiety so I always worry & overthink, like either she's not really that interested or someone else is talking to her. I dont want the conversation to run dry and we end up not speaking, but I also don't want to ask her if I feel she's going to say no and then we just stop speaking

I wanted some other opinions, I'm wondering should I ask her out or should I wait until the conversation is a bit more consistent?
    Do it do it do it! Maybe she has other things on and so can't always reply, I'm the same actually because if I'm doing college work and stuff I can't always reply to my boyfriend and he doesn't always understand that, so just give her some space. Does she live anywhere near you, if you don't mind me asking? Because if you could see each other once a while then I would advise you to go for it. But if you would not meet for months or something then I would advise you to find someone closer because I'm currently in a long distance relationships and its honestly so hard. I also overthink and worry for no reason so its hard for me to trust the other person 100% if you get what I mean. And also girls are like that, they may be really interested in you one minute and the next they don't care, they just have these moods so its completely fine if she doesn't reply just be patient, and I'm sure things will work out for you two x

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 10wera24)
    Do it do it do it! Maybe she has other things on and so can't always reply, I'm the same actually because if I'm doing college work and stuff I can't always reply to my boyfriend and he doesn't always understand that, so just give her some space. Does she live anywhere near you, if you don't mind me asking? Because if you could see each other once a while then I would advise you to go for it. But if you would not meet for months or something then I would advise you to find someone closer because I'm currently in a long distance relationships and its honestly so hard. I also overthink and worry for no reason so its hard for me to trust the other person 100% if you get what I mean. And also girls are like that, they may be really interested in you one minute and the next they don't care, they just have these moods so its completely fine if she doesn't reply just be patient, and I'm sure things will work out for you two x
    She's off work at the moment so I know she does literally gym, walking her dog, town and out for a drink with her dad. I understand being busy and I wont send her multiple texts or anything, just when she says "sorry, I've been useless today" and it's happened about 6-7 times I sometimes see it as an excuse, and that's when I think she's speaking to someone else or whatever It's mostly just me because I'll text someone no matter what I'm doing if I'm interested but I know not everyone is like that!

She lives in the next town over so 20 minutes away, so I could see her often if anything was to happen! Oh that sucks, LDR are so hard! I had to do it when I was in USA

Anyway we had a decent chat last night so I just bit the bullet and asked her and she said yes, just waiting on a free night!

Havent been on a date for 4 years lmaooo!

ReputationRep:
    I'd say meet her!! definitely ask her out for a date. She might be losing interest in replying if she feels it won't go anywhere so show her you're interested!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Beherit95)
    I'd say meet her!! definitely ask her out for a date. She might be losing interest in replying if she feels it won't go anywhere so show her you're interested!
    She knows I am because we had a chat about what we look for in a partner blah blah! Shes being slow with replies again today but at least I know she wants to meet I don't feel as anxious

But I have asked her and she said yes so just waiting on a night shes free

ReputationRep:
    UPDATE!?
    Did you get your date?

ReputationRep:
    Possibly, that's the worry haha she knows what I think of her and she's said mostly the same! We're speaking now so I'll ask her later, prepare for the worst
    How did it go ????

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by zorrozoidberg)
    UPDATE!?
    Did you get your date?
    Yes I did, it was good actually, went to Cardiff Bay, had some food, got chatting. Went back to the same routine then texting everyday, saw her once after that, then again she started being "distant" and every time I asked if she was free for me to see her she had an excuse like "I'm just so busy" which is BS. Eventually she said she was thinking about some guy she was seeing before, " who was in prison I might add" and she was too busy for anything. So I said I cant be assed for getting messed about so now we aren't speaking

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by natalia97)
    How did it go ????
    See above!

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: January 17, 2016
Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.