Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

The Pupillage Interview/Acceptance/Rejection Thread 2016 watch

ReputationRep:
    Does anyone who has applied to Gray's Inn Tax Chambers in previous years know what format they want applications to be in? (CV+Covering letter, posted rather than emailed, was my guess). I know that I could contact the clerks to find out but perhaps someone already knows

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Forum User)
    Does anyone who has applied to Gray's Inn Tax Chambers in previous years know what format they want applications to be in? (CV+Covering letter, posted rather than emailed, was my guess). I know that I could contact the clerks to find out but perhaps someone already knows
    Not sure, but that sounds about right. Their mini apps use the same format, so as no other info is given on the website, I'm assuming that's it. I would still contact the clerks just in case anyway, as Pump Court Tax, for example, are changing their format to just CV+covering letter this year (no mini-essay).

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by LadyLaw23)
    Not sure, but that sounds about right. Their mini apps use the same format, so as no other info is given on the website, I'm assuming that's it. I would still contact the clerks just in case anyway, as Pump Court Tax, for example, are changing their format to just CV+covering letter this year (no mini-essay).
    Good news about Pump Court. I hadn't checked their website in a while and was dreading writing some dross about whether there's a moral obligation to pay tax...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Forum User)
    Good news about Pump Court. I hadn't checked their website in a while and was dreading writing some dross about whether there's a moral obligation to pay tax...
    Indeed

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by The Barista)
    Anyone know when Guildhall announce post 1st round?

Did you hear from Guuildhall yesterday?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tiny92)
    Did you hear from Guuildhall yesterday?
    I was going to ask the same question. I haven't heard either, but will probably ring this evening if still nothing.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JDHLaw)
    I was going to ask the same question. I haven't heard either, but will probably ring this evening if still nothing.
    Ms Baddeley said she would let candidates know very soon. Said yesterday apparently. So who knows

ReputationRep:
    Did you call them to ask?

ReputationRep:
    Did you call them to ask?
    I did and I got one of the clerks who said he didn't know. Sorry

ReputationRep:
    I did and I got one of the clerks who said he didn't know. Sorry
    Fair no worries. I know they're undecided about the date of second round interviews

ReputationRep:
    Fair no worries. I know they're undecided about the date of second round interviews
    So essentially no news = good news... Or do you think they've sent out rejections?

ReputationRep:
    So essentially no news = good news... Or do you think they've sent out rejections?
    To be honest. I think with pupillage stuff. No news is just no news. Who knows.

ReputationRep:
    Best to forget until you hear either way. No one can predict what they are doing

ReputationRep:
    Guildhall is out apparently. Have you heard???

ReputationRep:
    Guildhall is out apparently. Have you heard???
    Nope. Who'd you hear from ?

ReputationRep:
    Was on the 2015 forum. Hope it isn't someone trolling

ReputationRep:
    I'm not sure I believe that previous post on the 2015 forum. As they don't seem the kind of place to reject via silence.

ReputationRep:
    I'm not sure I believe that previous post on the 2015 forum. As they don't seem the kind of place to reject via silence.
    I know for a fact that they're not that kind of set. Maybe they're doing batches or something.

ReputationRep:
    Does anyone know if New Square Chambers' site is correct in saying that the 23 Jan deadline is for pupillage in 2016, or this a typo whereby it's meant to say 2017?!

http://www.newsquarechambers.co.uk/P...Pupillage.aspx

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by LadyLaw23)
    Does anyone know if New Square Chambers' site is correct in saying that the 23 Jan deadline is for pupillage in 2016, or this a typo whereby it's meant to say 2017?!

http://www.newsquarechambers.co.uk/P...Pupillage.aspx
    Given that it says 23 Jan 2015 as the deadline, I'd guess they just haven't updated their website yet.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: March 15, 2017
Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.