Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Im Pakistani and although my father definitely fits the stereotypical desk father mould, he wants us to do well education wise so although he would PREFER me to be near my house in the UK (He lives in Pakistan) Theres definitely no problem with me living away. As far as seen is concerned the way I see it is that, listen, you can tell a person alot of things, what not to do etc but ultimately it boils down to that person and that personal alone. If you have acquired certain morals and values, they are the things that will protect you and guide you, no matter how much someone tells you not to go in a certain group etc or indulge in certain activities.

ReputationRep:
    Desi*
    (Original post by Ruby17)
    Im Pakistani and although my father definitely fits the stereotypical desi father mould, he wants us to do well education wise so although he would PREFER me to be near my house in the UK (He lives in Pakistan) Theres definitely no problem with me living away. As far as seen is concerned the way I see it is that, listen, you can tell a person alot of things, what not to do etc but ultimately it boils down to that person and that personal alone. If you have acquired certain morals and values, they are the things that will protect you and guide you, no matter how much someone tells you not to go in a certain group etc or indulge in certain activities.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JC.)
    Who's deen and why might he get lost?
    Deen is like faith in Islam/religion

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AzimH)
    Last time I checked, yup!
    Lol, well I dunno, I think some Pakistani parents are different with sons and daughters

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Wikia)
    I'm Pakistani too, my sister lives abroad at Uni as does my brother and my parents seem to have no problem with it.
    Ahh well thats really good! Do you want to live away?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ThatGurl)
    my dad seems to be fine with it (but i havent even gone yet haha)
    Lol well thats lucky for some haha

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by preetg97)
    Same as my parents. Although I've applied to uni's which are around 250 miles away so I can't exactly commute
    LOL thats what I did too hahaha

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ruby17)
    Im Pakistani and although my father definitely fits the stereotypical desk father mould, he wants us to do well education wise so although he would PREFER me to be near my house in the UK (He lives in Pakistan) Theres definitely no problem with me living away. As far as seen is concerned the way I see it is that, listen, you can tell a person alot of things, what not to do etc but ultimately it boils down to that person and that personal alone. If you have acquired certain morals and values, they are the things that will protect you and guide you, no matter how much someone tells you not to go in a certain group etc or indulge in certain activities.
    I definitely agree, I have a strong faith and I'm hoping my father knows that but tbh I just think he's over protective

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ikhan94)
    My dad would let me live away if he knew the education i was getting was very good, but if it was not then no/
    Ah well thats understandable I guess

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Azula)
    My parents wanted me to apply to universities in London (where I live) but I wanted to move out
    In the end we agreed on 3 in London and 2 out
    Thats what I did, 3 near Wolverhampton, where i live, and 2 in Manchester

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by samina_ay)
    Parents said no plus my grades weren't that great either... but if i did get good grades, i would move away for uni and just break the news on results day lool.
    LMFAO i would love to see your parents reaction

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by safiyyah98)
    Lol well thats lucky for some haha
    hahah well we'll see when i actually have to apply.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by yusraali)
    My parents know I applied to two out of London unis and they seem okay with it. But I think they want me to stay in London because they think it's easier, but if I told them I would go I don't think they'd have a problem with it.
    Yeah it would be easier, and thats good your options are open then

ReputationRep:
    LMFAO i would love to see your parents reaction
    LOL they would be angry and shocked.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by candycaneland500)
    hahah my parents also want me to live at home
    LOL ya feel me? Do you want to live away though?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by EastGuava)
    Tbh I'm not sure what my parents' reasoning is; I think my dad is also kinda over-protective.
    Thats just typical dads then of any culture haha

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by xGCSE_Studentx)
    My parents are ok with me living away probably cause all my cousins are away from home at uni so they're thankfully alrite with it
    Thats so luckyy lol, I just want to experience being by myself you know?

ReputationRep:
    haha yep i really do but then again richmond is only 30 minutes away from me so it is not a huge problem
    LOL ya feel me? Do you want to live away though?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by candycaneland500)
    haha yep i really do but then again richmond is only 30 minutes away from me so it is not a huge problem
    Ah yeah I guess commuting would save money but its the experience of living away though right?

ReputationRep:
    Can I ask, is everyone applying for uni to start in September 2016? If so what do you want to study and where have you applied to?

Poll
Do you like carrot cake?
Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.