x Turn on thread page Beta

Can't stop smoking watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by serah.exe)
    netflix and chill pls x
    ur cheating on me :cry2: ??!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tom Jickleson)
    At some point in September I randomly decided to buy a lighter and a pack of cigarettes. Just wanted to see what it felt like.

I've been smoking ever since. Today I was feeling down and smoked an entire pack of 20 cigarettes.

This bugs me, I remember back in school judging the smoker kids as conformist losers, and here I am now, infinitely more of a loser than them.

What can I do? I don't wanna die man.
    I'm not addicted to cigarettes but I do rely on weed so I kinda get your struggle but you're a top notch troll so nvm

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by serah.exe)
    netflix and chill pls x
    I thought this said, netflix and pills pls

ReputationRep:
    Smoking is good for you, it increases oxygen in the blood and makes you more clever

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by DavidMIliband)
    Smoking is good for you, it increases oxygen in the blood and makes you more clever
    When is the GCSE biology retake? Good luck in it No srs

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Drunk Punx)
    So learn. Everyone has to start somewhere.

Vapes give you the nicotine you "need" without the cancer. Win win. You'd be a fool to not look into it.

You don't have to go big at first, just buy a normal pen from any good tobacconists, some liquid to go with it, spare battery, etc, and you're good to go. A flannel could use one without any difficulty.

If you've been using it for a while and feel that you want to upgrade, then that's when you could do with some kind of knowledge (Ohms Law, VV/VW, rebuildables, etc) on the subject. Thankfully, the Internet is a bastion of knowledge for vapers.

Get on it, lad. You know it makes sense.
    Cheers, I'll give it a go.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ivy.98)
    They're similar to e-cigs.
    You basically smoke this liquid called e-liquid, which hardly ever contains nicotine. It helps cig users quit. And its fun, all the vape tricks you can do :awesome:
    1. Not all vapes are e-cigs, but all e-cigs are vapes.
    2. E-liquid contains nicotine unless you opt for zero nicotine content liquid.
    3. It doesn't help us quit, it merely transfers our addiction to a healthier alternative. It can help people quit if they cut down their nicotine intake by regulating which juices they use, but on the surface of it it's merely exchanging one for another.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Drunk Punx)
    1. Not all vapes are e-cigs, but all e-cigs are vapes.
    2. E-liquid contains nicotine unless you opt for zero nicotine content liquid.
    3. It doesn't help us quit, it merely transfers our addiction to a healthier alternative. It can help people quit if they cut down their nicotine intake by regulating which juices they use, but on the surface of it it's merely exchanging one for another.
    Yeah you literally just elaborated what I said..

ReputationRep:
    Ive smoked for nearly 15 years, and if i could give one piece of advice it would be to quit now before you become absolutely without question fully dependant on nicotine.....you are barely addicted after a few months i reckon.

I was doing 30 a day for around 5 years, then 2 years ago i found the e-cigs......these things are worse than cigarettes, my addiction has worsened by a factor of double. At least.

Quitting now whilst the addiction is less established is the best idea....forget the e-cigs. TBH after two years I'm not sure they are any better, they certainly restrict my airways thats for sure. Not to mention the cortisol issues that go along with nicotine!

IMO course

For me I'm paying a fortune for alternative therapies in an attempt to stop but ultimately if you can get your head around the psychology of why we smoke then you'll get there.....read allen car's book the easy way to stop smoking.

Just stop now whilst you can!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Denzel89)
    Ive smoked for nearly 15 years, and if i could give one piece of advice it would be to quit now before you become absolutely without question fully dependant on nicotine.....you are barely addicted after a few months i reckon.

I was doing 30 a day for around 5 years, then 2 years ago i found the e-cigs......these things are worse than cigarettes, my addiction has worsened by a factor of double. At least.

Quitting now whilst the addiction is less established is the best idea....forget the e-cigs. TBH after two years I'm not sure they are any better, they certainly restrict my airways thats for sure. Not to mention the cortisol issues that go along with nicotine!

IMO course

For me I'm paying a fortune for alternative therapies in an attempt to stop but ultimately if you can get your head around the psychology of why we smoke then you'll get there.....read allen car's book the easy way to stop smoking.

Just stop now whilst you can!
    I thought e cigs were fine because it's the tar in cigarettes that cause the damage, not the nicotine?

Damn man I'm really regretting this now. My heart is starting to ache, I can already feel it. **** this, I'm going cold turkey! (about to symbolically stomp on my cigarette packet)

ReputationRep:
    At some point in September I randomly decided to buy a lighter and a pack of cigarettes. Just wanted to see what it felt like.

I've been smoking ever since. Today I was feeling down and smoked an entire pack of 20 cigarettes.

This bugs me, I remember back in school judging the smoker kids as conformist losers, and here I am now, infinitely more of a loser than them.

Get yourself down the chemist buy nicotine patches gum basically any thing that you think can help you to stopI'm not gonna lie your suffering from an addiction and it will be hard particularly the first 28 days seeing as you only started recently it should be easier to stop rather than if you stopped after a few years.

There are so many products out there to help you stop and of course you can always come on here for words of inspiration if you do give up you can put it on your personal statement it'l show you won't shy away from something because it's hard or at least you could spin it that way good luck and let us know how it goes as a first step chuck out the cigarets and lighter.

ReputationRep:
    I thought e cigs were fine because it's the tar in cigarettes that cause the damage, not the nicotine?

Damn man I'm really regretting this now. My heart is starting to ache, I can already feel it. **** this, I'm going cold turkey! (about to symbolically stomp on my cigarette packet)
    There is nothing fine about unregulated amounts of nicotine entering your blood......with normal cigs, you smoke one and thats it for an hour or whatever. With an e-cig your puffing on it constantly, whilst all the time building your resistance to nicotine, deepening the addiction.

If my e-cig breaks, which it regularly does and i have to buy some malboroughs, i smoke on and within 10 mins I'm getting the itch for another.

You cannot (IMO) treat an addiction with the substance that is causing you the addiction in the first place.

Cold turkey is fine, but a lot of people go through cold turkey expecting something to happen, fighting all the time against the addiction, when in reality they are giving nothing up at all.

It does go quite deep, but i won't bore you with it, id just implore you to read allen cars book, its not a big read, and do as it says......then report back here. I quit for around 6 months until my grandad died and my girlfriend left.....lol

Ive just re-read all that and i sound like a hypocrite, as I'm still an addict.....for now lol

If all else fails google tabex.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Denzel89)
    There is nothing fine about unregulated amounts of nicotine entering your blood......with normal cigs, you smoke one and thats it for an hour or whatever. With an e-cig your puffing on it constantly, whilst all the time building your resistance to nicotine, deepening the addiction.

If my e-cig breaks, which it regularly does and i have to buy some malboroughs, i smoke on and within 10 mins I'm getting the itch for another.

You cannot (IMO) treat an addiction with the substance that is causing you the addiction in the first place.

Cold turkey is fine, but a lot of people go through cold turkey expecting something to happen, fighting all the time against the addiction, when in reality they are giving nothing up at all.

It does go quite deep, but i won't bore you with it, id just implore you to read allen cars book, its not a big read, and do as it says......then report back here. I quit for around 6 months until my grandad died and my girlfriend left.....lol

Ive just re-read all that and i sound like a hypocrite, as I'm still an addict.....for now lol

If all else fails google tabex.
    6 months is still impressive though tbh. Interesting that after 6 months your addiction wasn't completely gone - does it stick with you forever?

ReputationRep:
    6 months is still impressive though tbh. Interesting that after 6 months your addiction wasn't completely gone - does it stick with you forever?

For me and most long term smokers id say so yes, you can never go back to just being a social smoker.....it will re-ignite that addiction.....slowly lol

A bit like an ex alcoholic can never have a cheeky pint...ever.

I think of myself lucky as i don't drink at all, so thats at least a couple less organs I'm not ruining.

ReputationRep:
    use damania

ReputationRep:
    nigggas know true
    hopping out the milibando

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by K.C)
    hopping out the milibando
    yo niggga lets eat chicken and get high lol

ReputationRep:
    yo niggga lets eat chicken and get high lol
    i dont smoke

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dabo_26)
    e-cigs dude
    (Original post by ivy.98)
    Just get a vape

E-cigs are an effective way to help you stop smoking, however e-cigs themselves aren't harmless, they too are pretty toxic for your lungs and body, though not as toxic as cigarettes.

ReputationRep:
    Maybe you should just man up and throw them in the bin...?
    I know plenty of people that have smoked for years and they suddenly gave up, it's not like you can't. Sure nicotine is addictive, but fast food can be too.
    It's ludicrous how smokers often mock overweight people but it really is the same principle

Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?
Useful resources
AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.