• Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    Nay
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    (Original post by Saracen's Fez)
    BBC Sport suggesting this morning that this may indeed happen.
    Which would hardly be surprising given everybody is missing the cold war so much right now

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Nay. For reasons above.

ReputationRep:
    As little faith as I have in the international governing bodies of sports I do not believe the government should be intervening in this situation.
    • Very Important Poster

ReputationRep:
    Very Important Poster
    nay, the goverment shouldn't get involved with the affairs of an international apolitical organisation

ReputationRep:
    hazzer1998, could you please submit motions to someone else in your party to clean up before bringing them into the MHoC? Your Bills and motions border on painful to read.

I'm not sure about this. On the one hand, I don't see why subsequent Russian athletic teams should suffer for the actions of their forebears who are linked to them only by something as irrelevant as nationality, but on the other hand I recognise that these things often give rise to strong patriotic feelings among many and thus the outrage caused to many in the UK by this event may be best vindicated. On the third (?) hand, I am generally in support of doping being permitted in sports generally.
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    As a relevant update, the IAAF have now provisionally suspended Russia from international competition.
    • Wiki Support Team

ReputationRep:
    Wiki Support Team
    As of yet this is not for the government (or indeed the House) to intervene in. For that reason, No.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by The Financier)
    As a relevant update, the IAAF have now provisionally suspended Russia from international competition.
    I welcome this. Much as I have never been someone who ever liked Seb Coe I think we should give him our support as he leads the actions to clean up athletics.

ReputationRep:
    Aye. If there are no consequences, then there is nothing to deter the Russian Association and other associations from carrying out similar actions in the future.
    • Wiki Support Team

ReputationRep:
    Wiki Support Team
    This is in cessation.

Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: November 17, 2015
Poll
“Yanny” or “Laurel”

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.