Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

Adult Nursing 2016 - University of Hertfordshire watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jesslouisexo)
    Good luck! Let us know how you get on!! X

Posted from TSR Mobile
    They didn't even bother to invite me to interview it was my first choice.
    They rejected me on the basis I had 4 GCSE's A* - C, with English grade A, Maths grade C, Science and ICT grade C.

But my BTEC H&SC, first year I got D*D* and predicted D*D*D* which really exceeded what they wanted. I have a lot of experience as well, working in a care home and volunteering at a day centre for those with brain injuries and yet this was overlooked.
    I'm honestly heartbroken, I went to the open day and loved it.. I'm more upset at the fact I was not offered an interview :/

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Nanodae)
    They didn't even bother to invite me to interview it was my first choice.
    They rejected me on the basis I had 4 GCSE's A* - C, with English grade A, Maths grade C, Science and ICT grade C.

But my BTEC H&SC, first year I got D*D* and predicted D*D*D* which really exceeded what they wanted. I have a lot of experience as well, working in a care home and volunteering at a day centre for those with brain injuries and yet this was overlooked.
    I'm honestly heartbroken, I went to the open day and loved it.. I'm more upset at the fact I was not offered an interview :/
    Awww😩 really sorry to hear this.. It sounds like you have loads of experience! I got rejected the first time I applied there so don't give up hope as by the sounds of it you're doing really well, it is just such a competitive course!😕 hopefully you'll get another uni that you want X

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Hey, I applied on Friday to do Adult Nursing at Salford, Hertfordshire, Cumbria and Teesside and I have applied to do Paramedic Practice at Edge Hill! Just awaiting some sort of replies now, I've only had 2 confirmation emails from Edge Hill and Cumbria! So excited to get a reply! September entry btw

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lululuci)
    Hey, I applied on Friday to do Adult Nursing at Salford, Hertfordshire, Cumbria and Teesside and I have applied to do Paramedic Practice at Edge Hill! Just awaiting some sort of replies now, I've only had 2 confirmation emails from Edge Hill and Cumbria! So excited to get a reply! September entry btw
    Hey! Good luck with your application! Hope you hear from them soon☺️ I heard from Hertfordshire within like 10 days of sending my application!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    When you applied to Cumbria did you get a welcome to cumbria university email a few days later? Like after the confirmation one? x

ReputationRep:
    i just went for an interview at herts

ReputationRep:
    how long did it take for the uni to respond after the interview----i really want to get an offer but im not sure i performed very well in my interview. there were loks of umms and aaas.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mismash)
    how long did it take for the uni to respond after the interview----i really want to get an offer but im not sure i performed very well in my interview. there were loks of umms and aaas.
    I am doing mental health nursing and i got a response Friday morning i had my interview on Wednesday. One of the girls has gone for adult nursing and hers has taken a week xx

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by crookey)
    I am doing mental health nursing and i got a response Friday morning i had my interview on Wednesday. One of the girls has gone for adult nursing and hers has taken a week xx
    did u have your interview this Wednesday? and thanks for your reply

ReputationRep:
    yes I had my interview this week when did you have your interview ? they said to use if we haven't heard anything by two weeks to call admissions xx

ReputationRep:
    I didn't hear for 2 weeks from them! X

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jesslouisexo)
    I didn't hear for 2 weeks from them! X

Posted from TSR Mobile
    thank-you

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: December 13, 2015
Poll
Do you like carrot cake?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.