Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

Do you wear a mask? watch

ReputationRep:
    I don't lie about who I am and I don't really wear a mask, but I imagine that a lot of people feel that they don't know much about how I really am just cause I don't talk to that many people.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by DiddyDec)
    Why?
    Its just the easiest option tbh. I dont have to explain why im so sad all the time and people dont think im a walking black cloud xD I get to pretend I'm happy and hyper for a while which also serves as an okay distraction.

ReputationRep:
    I masked my depression in secondary school from my parents and teachers. I told my best friend online 3 years before my parents.

ReputationRep:
    I am quite good at coming across as confident in my body language when I want to be, even if I'm actually very nervous.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by e aí rapaz)
    No. I wear my heart on my sleeve. I'm a very open guy.
    There's a word for that: pansy.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MathsAstronomy12)
    No one cared who I was until I put on a mask
    that's deep bro

ReputationRep:
    No, not at all. I'm a very emotional person and I express my emotions and I don't really think there's anything wrong with that.

I don't think there's much point in holding an important part of yourself back. I want people to like me for me, both the good stuff and the flaws and tears and pain.

ReputationRep:
    I rarely express my emotions or how I'm feeling, I'm generally quite distant and don't really open up to most people.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by moment of truth)
    Why is this? What are you afraid of?
    I dont want to be tracked and spied on by the gov.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Unbannable)
    There's a word for that: pansy.
    Is it? I think maybe you're confusing being "open about your thoughts/emotions" with being "emotional".

I mean, I don't hide how I feel, but how I feel is usually pretty content. Sometimes happy, sometimes excited, sometimes angry or frustrated. Occasionally upset, but no more so than anybody else. I don't get upset easily.

:yy:

ReputationRep:
    I am quite good at coming across as confident in my body language when I want to be, even if I'm actually very nervous.
    This is something that I want to be able to develop, but it's so hard.

(Original post by battycatlady)
    No, not at all. I'm a very emotional person and I express my emotions and I don't really think there's anything wrong with that.

I don't think there's much point in holding an important part of yourself back. I want people to like me for me, both the good stuff and the flaws and tears and pain.
    There isn't anything wrong with that. If people don't like you for being you, then you don't need them in your life.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MathsAstronomy12)
    No one cared who I was until I put on a mask
    So did you turn into Batman?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by moment of truth)
    This is something that I want to be able to develop, but it's so hard.

There isn't anything wrong with that. If people don't like you for being you, then you don't need them in your life.
    Yeah I agree. I can look very confident but if I'm nervous you will hear it in my voice. But body language wise, I just stand tall and always look up/ observe the environment (judge the environment rather than judge yourself), larger strides. And when standing hands on hips works, and leaning on surfaces (e.g. leaning back on a wall, say, or resting your arm on an object) to take up space.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kkboyk)
    So did you turn into Batman?
    I'm Gotham's reckoning. Here to end the borrowed time you've all been living on.

ReputationRep:
    Yeah I agree. I can look very confident but if I'm nervous you will hear it in my voice. But body language wise, I just stand tall and always look up/ observe the environment (judge the environment rather than judge yourself), larger strides. And when standing hands on hips works, and leaning on surfaces (e.g. leaning back on a wall, say, or resting your arm on an object) to take up space.
    Hmm yeah, I am gonna have to try this at some point

Poll
Are you going to a festival?
Useful resources
AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.