ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ravioliyears)
    Awh, thank you!
    Spoiler:
    Show
    I'm really not haha
    shes really not.
    (Original post by kamranhyder)
    I know people who have gone through similar emotions as you are feeling. Some of which are now my best friends. Seriously i am fairly new to TSR but im happy to talk whenever you like PM if you wish about anything, whether its about studies or even about what you ate for dinner lol :P

Hope you feel better & stay blessed
    yeh didnt answer me when I pmed. tit.

ReputationRep:
    Can i ask how many units alcohol does it take to remove social anxiety temporarily?

(Original post by ElectronDonor)
    Can i ask how many units alcohol does it take to remove social anxiety temporarily?
    I wouldn't say it removes it.

I just drink it for the sake of it hoping to forget things but it can make me feel worse sometimes.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    I feel so incredibly lonely all the time. I've suffered with socia anxiety since being a teenager so I don't have any friends. Although I have social anxiety I enjoy being out meeting new people, it's just the interacting that I have problems with.

I sit at home all day, everyday and it's driving me insane. I have a few people in my family that I'm kinda close with but I still feel like I can't talk to anyone. I just want someone to talk to, even if it's just to go down the pub or something.

I've had CBT and finished in june but it obviously hasn't worked properly.

I cry myself to sleep because I'm so unhappy. I really don't know what to do.
    https://pbs.twimg.com/media/B7t3Zf_CYAAnI-T.jpg

ReputationRep:
    Here

ReputationRep:
    Ah, yes. I know the feeling.
    Feeling so alone, but not having the motivation, energy or enthusiasm to even get yourself out there. One big circle.

ReputationRep:
    I know the feeling and it's awful especially the pressure to having to interact with people with the aim to make friends, very daunting. Take small steps to build your confidence - start smiling more and try to engage in small talk. Try to go out during the day more; go to the library, take a walk, start running, or join a club or a society in your local area you're interested in to meet other people. As you've stating that you enjoy being out meeting new people, try and remain proactive about it but take steps you're comfortable with throughout.

ReputationRep:
    'I sit at home all day, everyday and it's driving me insane.' I think therein lies much of the problem. I know the employment market is not great at present but if you are not in education or employment, sitting at home all day everyday is enough to drive even the most sociable person insane!

If you get a job, you will HAVE to interact just to work effectively, which actually makes interaction far easier sometimes than in the social setting. Your bank balance will improve, you will have the money to do things and your self esteem will rocket.
    Even if the job is a temporary stop gap to doing what you really want to do, it is far better than doing nothing! I am 35 and have a degree but have 'slummed it' out of necessity in the last and worked for minimum wage jobs between getting what I really want!

ReputationRep:
    Ravioliyears - The world needs more shiny happy people like you!

(Original post by Wimbs)
    'I sit at home all day, everyday and it's driving me insane.' I think therein lies much of the problem. I know the employment market is not great at present but if you are not in education or employment, sitting at home all day everyday is enough to drive even the most sociable person insane!

If you get a job, you will HAVE to interact just to work effectively, which actually makes interaction far easier sometimes than in the social setting. Your bank balance will improve, you will have the money to do things and your self esteem will rocket.
    Even if the job is a temporary stop gap to doing what you really want to do, it is far better than doing nothing! I am 35 and have a degree but have 'slummed it' out of necessity in the last and worked for minimum wage jobs between getting what I really want!
    Yeah I get your point. I'm currently studying with the open university doing a science degree. I really want a job but the social anxiety gets in the way again and why I couldn't go to a normal uni.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    I feel so incredibly lonely all the time. I've suffered with socia anxiety since being a teenager so I don't have any friends. Although I have social anxiety I enjoy being out meeting new people, it's just the interacting that I have problems with.

I sit at home all day, everyday and it's driving me insane. I have a few people in my family that I'm kinda close with but I still feel like I can't talk to anyone. I just want someone to talk to, even if it's just to go down the pub or something.

I've had CBT and finished in june but it obviously hasn't worked properly.

I cry myself to sleep because I'm so unhappy. I really don't know what to do.
    Hello you,
    Please PM me I will be a friend
    There are people who will love you for who you out there.
    Please talk to me

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: November 15, 2015
Poll
“Yanny” or “Laurel”

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.