Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
Turn on thread page Beta
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    (Original post by Little Toy Gun)
    The British Empire shall never fall!!! Her Majesty The Queen and her godly powers as the Supreme Governor of The Church of England and Defender of the Faith will protect us!
    With what, her gold carriage?

"We sleep safe in our beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence on those who would do us harm." - George Orwell

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by DMcGovern)
    With what, her gold carriage?

"We sleep safe in our beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence on those who would do us harm." - George Orwell
    Using her alien technology which is indefinitely superior to earthly ones. And help from His Merciful the God, Jesus The Prince of Peace, and St Mary.
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    I must say the chaos on the streets of Paris really makes one think of the 1793-4 Terror under Robspierre. The Jacobins were arguably much better at terrorism...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Simes)
    Crikey. It's all about sport, isn't it?
    It's an obvious target, where you have large groups of people gathered in one place alongside dignitaries at a prestige event. The priority has to be to protect Britains until we have established that this was an isolated attack, especially considering our recent actions in Syria being almost identical to those of France.
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    (Original post by Little Toy Gun)
    Using her alien technology which is indefinitely superior to earthly ones. And help from His Merciful the God, Jesus The Prince of Peace, and St Mary.
    Calm down Donald Trump, you're not in America now.

It's not the Queen who looks after us but the men and women of our security/armed forces:

• Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    (Original post by thehistorybore)
    I must say the chaos on the streets of Paris really makes one think of the 1793-4 Terror under Robspierre. The Jacobins were arguably much better at terrorism...
    So who's going to be the head of this next cult?

ReputationRep:
    Calm down Donald Trump, you're not in America now.

It's not the Queen who looks after us but the men and women of our security/armed forces:

lmfao I actually am in America mate. Or should I say, 'dude'?

Her Majesty is the root of it all. She even protected Diana, Princess of Wales - she only got killed when she got to Paris, where the Duke of Normandy's powers don't reach.
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    I would never compare the likes of the Jacobins, the founders of whom were very well educated and contributed to one of the world's most democratic and advanced countries in the world, to that of a group of mindless killers with no history and no understandable or sympathetical ideology/aims.

Commendable actions by the government.

ReputationRep:
    Only under the Jacobins could you be arrested for being a "moderate" - still they had the sans culottes.

The only difference between revolution and terrorism is often history, written by the victor.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    I would never compare the likes of the Jacobins, the founders of whom were very well educated and contributed to one of the world's most democratic and advanced countries in the world, to that of a group of mindless killers with no history and no understandable or sympathetical ideology/aims.
    Hardly democratic, the Third Estate couldn't vote. Terror wise it is getting there.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    • Community Assistant
    • Wiki Support Team
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    Wiki Support Team
    Political Ambassador
    I would, as in the Commons Bar, like to add my voice to the condemnation of these barbarous attacks and note that we stand shoulder to shoulder with the French people at this difficult time. While the intentions of the Government are virtuous, I am a little uneasy at the thought of the attacks being used to launch fictional actions within the confines of our game and find it a little distasteful to say the least and so I will comment no further than simply to reaffirm my condemnation of the attacks.

ReputationRep:
    There you have it… I hope that people will finally wake up and realise what they've done and allowed to be done to Europe and take it back! I also hope that this encounter with the worst of human scum will make you, my colleagues, reconsider capital punishment.

ReputationRep:
    Islamic State; the most likely culprits. Although nothing has been confirmed- it strongly looks like it.

Once again, we need to eradicate ISIS, and stop these immigrants from coming to Europe and destroying Europe!

(Original post by Life_peer)
    There you have it… I hope that people will finally wake up and realise what they've done and allowed to be done to Europe and take it back! I also hope that this encounter with the worst of human scum will make you, my colleagues, reconsider capital punishment.
    Hear Hear. Maybe my bill wasn't such a bad idea!

ReputationRep:
    reconsider capital punishment.
    Including for the ones who blew themselves up?

Capital punishment does not work on dead people.

Edit: but then, it doesn't work on living people either.

ReputationRep:
    There are many people in the United Kingdom including myself who have relatives living in Paris. None of my family were anywhere near the attacks fortunately. I hope the Government and the whole House will express its sympathy for anyone who has been injured or bereaved, regardless of their nationality, as well as condemning the attacks.
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    Hear Hear !
    I 100% Argee , people who commit theses horrific attacks against humanity don't deserve justice they deserve death

ReputationRep:
    I commend the government.

Mr Speaker, the Caliphate has been allowed to exist too long. The time for action is now and I call on the government to deploy the army to Syria immediately, there is no doubt that the French will join us.
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    (Original post by toronto353)
    I would, as in the Commons Bar, like to add my voice to the condemnation of these barbarous attacks and note that we stand shoulder to shoulder with the French people at this difficult time. While the intentions of the Government are virtuous, I am a little uneasy at the thought of the attacks being used to launch fictional actions within the confines of our game and find it a little distasteful to say the least and so I will comment no further than simply to reaffirm my condemnation of the attacks.
    I have to agree. A message of condemnation is a good thing to put out, but using this tragedy as the basis of fictitious activity in a game doesn't feel right for me.
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    What we needed for so long is finally happening:

Instead of staying back, taking refugees and being worried it'll be 'another Iraq', there needs to be a NATO ground invasion, or a joint special forces infiltration - ISIS are not like the Taliban, they're more paramilitary-style than the Taliban and Al Qaeda were.
    Their military is based on mobile foot militant units using light vehicles such as gun equipped pick-up trucks (technicals), motorbikes and buses for fast advances. They also use artillery, tanks and armoured vehicles captured from the Iraqi and Syrian Armies. It is alleged that the ISIL military had gained control of 3 aircraft from the Syrian Army and are flying them over Syria, although two of these were reportedly shot down by Syria.

Poll
“Yanny” or “Laurel”

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.