Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

Is it time Europe bans Islam & muslim immigration? watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by HAnwar)
    Banning a religion? Ok.
    I know right. No matter what happens we should never stoop as low as Muslim countries.

We are of course much better than that.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by HAnwar)
    Banning a religion? Ok.
    Banning over 1/5 of the world lol

ReputationRep:
    Banning Islam would be a brilliant way to help terrorists in their recruitment efforts by giving them a "persecution" argument to propagandise and recruit with.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by dozyrosie)
    Time to scrap the human rights charter, and set up concentration camps for suspected terrorists and their sympathisers, across the whole of Europe. Of course this is just fantasy, our mealy mouthed politicians will continue to appease the demands of these religious fanatics.
    Or, we could use our existing intelligence agencies to overlook the actions of suspected terrorists and to arrest them when evidence has been found to show that they're planning a terrorist attack.

As

has

already

happened

before.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SHallowvale)
    Or, we could use our existing intelligence agencies to overlook the actions of suspected terrorists and to arrest them when evidence has been found to show that they're planning a terrorist attack.

As

has

already

happened

before.
    They don't need to plan an attack, just sympathising with these terrorist groups should be enough to deal with them, let's face it, this is a war. There are loads of hate preachers who could be thrown into a concentration camp immediately.

Did you ever think for a second that the refugees who flee here have experienced this kind of terror on a daily basis. They are trying to leave a country filled with this level of violence.

It's clear only european lives matter.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Ban Islam???
    Muslim=/=terrorist

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by dozyrosie)
    Time to scrap the human rights charter, and set up concentration camps for suspected terrorists and their sympathisers, across the whole of Europe. Of course this is just fantasy, our mealy mouthed politicians will continue to appease the demands of these religious fanatics.
    Are you being serious?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Hibzish)
    Did you ever think for a second that the refugees who flee here have experienced this kind of terror on a daily basis. They are trying to leave a country filled with this level of violence.

It's clear only european lives matter.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Exactly my point. Why are Syrians leaving their country @hydeman? It's simple. They too are facing the same thing on a daily basis. They are trying to escape this misery. And you want to prevent them from doing so? Bishes be tripping

ReputationRep:
    It really worries me that there are people foolish enough to support this proposal on here. Whilst it's true that, on the internet, you'll find a higher concentration of lunacy, people should really stop and have a think about what they're saying and supporting here.

Firstly, if this immoral and horrific attack was committed by ISIS, then this is precisely what they want to occur: they want to stir up division and recruit more and more people to their hateful ideology. How do they do that? They want more countries to attack them, first of all, but they want the millions of peaceful Muslims living in the Western world to become alienated.

The title of this thread, which proposes banning Islam, plays directly into the hands of terrorists and Islamofascists. It also, incidentally, goes against the tenets of Western democracy: the freedom to express your belief and your religion.

Anyone who supports this proposal is not only failing to help, but actively making the situation worse. They're also going against the "British values" that they so often claim to be defending. It's a fascistic, overly emotional and ludicrous response to an attack, and we should be unifying, not stirring up division.
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    (Original post by queen-bee)
    OP, 'TELL YOUR LEADERS TO STOP FUNDING "JIHADISTS" AND TERRORIST FACTIONS IN THE MIDDLE EAST THEN. THAT MAY HELP'.

Saw this on Twitter. Couldn't have put it better myself
    Except we aren't funding the groups that carry out these attacks.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    A proportion of those who have carried out attacks have been converts and born in the country, occasionally where parents were of a different faith or none. The shoe bomber (Reid?) comes to mind.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by BaconandSauce)
    Say the person who called a policeman interviewing an attempted murderer 'torture'

Rather my education rather than the one you got at your mosque.
    Hahaa you are still bitter over it aren't you.

1) The attempted murderer is a minor, who is recovering from a serious leg and head injury

2) The said minor can be seen hitting his head and crying. Cop obviously doesn't care.

Regardless of the circumstance, I have edited my post, from torture to "mental aggravation", and yet you are proving time and again you don't know how to read. Grow up and get a dictionary ffs.

And your education and upbringing are a shambles. I'm not even a Muslim lol. Shows how much you like to assume and base your poorly formed conclusions.

(Original post by Aj12)
    Except we aren't funding the groups that carry out these attacks.Posted from TSR Mobile
    I don't think it's a stretch to claim the coalition trained some of the militants that's currently part of IS.

ReputationRep:
    I'm a very inclusive and tolerant person. Unfortunately, with the increasing Islamist attacks, my patience is starting to wane. Yes these extremists are a minority, yet this minority is large enough to cause significant death and suffering to innocents.

All religions have had their extremist days in the past, but Islam seems unwilling to progress past this to love. When you see just how many thousands find justification in the scriptures to massacre innocent strangers, there has to be some sort of sickness in Islam.

It may not be confirmed that these are Islamist attacks, but it's hardly a wild stab in the dark to blame them judging by the wave of terror they have inflicted on France and the world this past year.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by barnetlad)
    A proportion of those who have carried out attacks have been converts and born in the country, occasionally where parents were of a different faith or none. The shoe bomber (Reid?) comes to mind.
    This is what I mentioned yesterday. People are linking this with recent immigration (at the moment we don't know whether they are the ones responsible or not), but up until now, most of the attacks that have happened in the West have been committed by individuals often born and raised here, or have spent a large part of their life here. It would seem to be home-grown terror is one of our greatest threats.

ReputationRep:
    We didn't 'ban' Irish migration - or try and evict all those of Irish descent - from Britain during the IRA bombings in the 1970s.

Why not?

a) it wouldn't have made any difference to the security threat.
    b) if anything it would have politicised far more Irish people against Britain.
    c) world opinion about Britain would have gone into free-fall
    d) imagine the practical difficulties of implementing this sort of 'ban'

It's a moment for mature thinking - not childish squeals of 'ban them'.

ReputationRep:
    Europe needs to get rid of the schengen agreement and have strict border controls across the continent. It seems like a step backwards but it's too easy for these people to enter Europe and move powerful weapons around.

I'm not anti immigration but letting millions of Syrian refugees into the continent is the most stupid thing Europe has done since the second world war. If even 0.1% of them are terrorists that is a couple of thousand fighters spread across Europe and it only took 8 of them to cause the carnage last night.

These attacks are going to become the norm, I don't think a year will go by without a major terrorist attack on European soil. Being an island and outside of schengen we're a bit safer in the UK but it could still happen here.

ReputationRep:
    I think Europe should ban racists instead.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by simbasdragon)
    I'm a very inclusive and tolerant person. Unfortunately, with the increasing Islamist attacks, my patience is starting to wane. Yes these extremists are a minority, yet this minority is large enough to cause significant death and suffering to innocents.

All religions have had their extremist days in the past, but Islam seems unwilling to progress past this to love. When you see just how many thousands find justification in the scriptures to massacre innocent strangers, there has to be some sort of sickness in Islam.

It may not be confirmed that these are Islamist attacks, but it's hardly a wild stab in the dark to blame them judging by the wave of terror they have inflicted on France and the world this past year.
    "Yet this minority is large enough to cause significant death and suffering to innocent"

I'm sorry this argument doesn't really fly with me. I mean, replace extremist Muslims with socially outcast white men and replace attack on western cities with attacks on US schools and you realise it's a pretty silly argument.
    What you ban all Muslims from the west because of the acts of 0.001% of the Muslim population of this world? Does this mean that the united states should also ban white men from being within 100 yards of a school because, even if it is a minority of white nutters shooting up schools, "this minority is large enough to cause significant death and suffering to innocent (CHILDREN)".

Oh and before anyone says anything stupid making assumptions about my background, I am a white agnostic, bordering on atheist, male (although I wouldn't use the term atheist because of the types you see trolling on the religion forum in the same way many women don't associate as feminists due to the actions of extreme feminists)

ReputationRep:
    No, as that would just encourage the terrorists. This though, will no doubt increase people's hatred of Islam, justified or not, and debunks the loony claim by some muslims that Islam will one day rule the world and that everyone will eventually convert. Fat chance!

Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: December 12, 2016
Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.