Turn on thread page Beta

Will Leicester finish in the top half of the table? watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    Easily top half.

ReputationRep:
    Hope they get a good top half position - just to shut up Ranieri's critics at the start of the season (Linekar one of them) who were quite withering and dismissive of him, focusing on his time as Greece boss to make a judgment. And the likes of Tony Pulis, who recently put down Leicester's form this season down to Pearson before West Brom lost to Leicester.
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    Death to full-time dressing room speeches.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Aky786UK)
    Hope they get a good top half position - just to shut up Ranieri's critics at the start of the season (Linekar one of them) who were quite withering and dismissive of him, focusing on his time as Greece boss to make a judgment. And the likes of Tony Pulis, who recently put down Leicester's form this season down to Pearson before West Brom lost to Leicester.
    I thought it was fair comment. When you consider that Leicester were in League One before Pearson to when they eventually meshed as a side at the end of the season he really has done a lot.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Aky786UK)
    End of the day, you chat **** you get banged

That's clear
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    Worth remembering Leciester's form isn't just from this season, either. They've been enjoying this streak since April, so it's not really a streak anymore. They've got more points than City from their last 22 matches. That's remarkable.

ReputationRep:
    If Leicester pick up eight points or more by the end of the year (which is feasible), then there is no way that they don't finish in the top ten.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Diego Costa)
    If Leicester pick up eight points or more by the end of the year (which is feasible), then there is no way that they don't finish in the top ten.
    Not sure how feasible tbf their run of games up to the new year is tough, they could take Swansea for 3, but you've got man Utd, Everton, Chelsea, Liverpool, Man City. So lets say they beat Swansea, they still need to beat two of those or a win and 2 draws...isn't that likely..you'd have to think if they did it would be a win at home against an out of sorts Chelsea and the draw next weekend against Utd then Everton.

Anyway top half seems very likely to me, the only issue is Vardy gets a long term injury as he's crucial, like Wilson was to Bournemouth. That said they're a good unit, so without him I could still see top 12 at least.
    • Aston Villa FC Supporter

ReputationRep:
    Aston Villa FC Supporter
    Leicester might just win the league!
    now wouldn't that be amazing?

:rofl: not really

AVFC FTW

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by joey11223)
    Not sure how feasible tbf their run of games up to the new year is tough, they could take Swansea for 3, but you've got man Utd, Everton, Chelsea, Liverpool, Man City. So lets say they beat Swansea, they still need to beat two of those or a win and 2 draws...isn't that likely..you'd have to think if they did it would be a win at home against an out of sorts Chelsea and the draw next weekend against Utd then Everton.

Anyway top half seems very likely to me, the only issue is Vardy gets a long term injury as he's crucial, like Wilson was to Bournemouth. That said they're a good unit, so without him I could still see top 12 at least.
    I reckon they'd beat Swansea and probably Chelsea. I'm not disagreeing that it would be a tad unlikely to get eight points, but they still have a chance. Everton, United, Liverpool and Citeh have all had a few off days this year, so it wouldn't exactly be a shock to anyone if they were to get a win/couple of draws from those fixture.

Ulloa has scored goals and Okazaki doesn't seem bad. Given the position that Leicester are in now, a Vardy injury wouldn't spell the end of their top ten ambition.

Poll
Do you think parents should charge rent?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.