Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

So, Muslims, why won't you ever condemn terrorist attacks? watch

Announcements
  • View Poll Results: What is your stance?
    I am a MUSLIM and I CONDEMN the Paris attacks
    37.24%
    I am a MUSLIM and I SUPPORT the Paris attacks
    3.06%
    I am a MUSLIM and I NEITHER condemn nor support the Paris attacks
    1.53%
    I am a NON-MUSLIM and I CONDEMN the Paris attacks
    57.14%
    I am a NON-MUSLIM and I SUPPORT the Paris attacks
    0.51%
    I am a NON-MUSLIM and I NEITHER condemn nor support the Paris attacks
    0.51%

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by IdeasForLife)
    You are simply thinking what you want to think of Muslims. You are just determined to think only the worse about them.
    No, I think he just looked at the evidence.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by poohat)
    Meanwhile back in reality, 30% of Muslims in the UK believe that suicide bombing against civilians in order to defend Islam is justified: http://www.pewforum.org/files/2012/07/bombing1.gif

The idea that the problem is only "a few" Muslims is beyond delusional, and completely at odds with the evidence. The entire culture is broken, and should never have been brought to the UK. At this stage, the main concern should be how we eradicate it from the country.
    30% is a lot, but not a majority at all. The views of some Muslims (even a sizeable group) certainly doesn't justify any attempt to "eradicate [Islam] from the country".

Also, do you have any more information about that survey? Sample size, for example?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by scrotgrot)
    Do I have your attention?

The title of this thread is troll bait. Here is the place where I invite TSR's Muslim users to:

1. post their own condemnations of terrorism and the Paris attack
    2. post the condemnations of prominent Muslim organisations in the UK, France, Europe and worldwide
    3. post the condemnations of political leaders in Muslim countries.

In addition, please vote on the anonymous poll so that we can present quantitative statistics.

Let's show these trolls the strength of the Muslim response against Islamic terrorism, from individual young British Muslims to the largest Muslim organisations in the world.
    :pierre: LibertéÉgalitéFraternité :turban:
    You do realise that anybody can place a vote in your poll right - including trolls

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by HSafirah)
    You do realise that anybody can place a vote in your poll right - including trolls
    Oh bugger, good point :p:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by HSafirah)
    Precisely, what a silly idea. Most people would think that this is a troll discussion anyways.

For me personally condeming any actions doesn't help in any way. It's almost arbitary that whenever a terrorist attack happens or some form of tragic killing/massacre people gather and pay their respects. But the question is, do they really mean it? Or are they just condeming these evil actions in order to look like they give a damn. This goes for all races and religions, not just Muslims.

ReputationRep:
    Interesting. In France it was 35%, in Germany "only" 15% (still shockingly high). Where does the difference come from?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Gladiator12345)
    Im a muslim and i strongly condemn these vile and brutal attacks on innocent civilians in Paris these people r not muslims and i stand with the people of paris at this hard time.
    Dr Tahir ul Qadri, who is a prominent Islamic scholar and released a 600 page fatwa against terrorists, has strongly condemned these attacks and has said terrorists are not muslims and are the enemies of humanity.
    Now that is a response I would be proud of as a muslim.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Meanwhile back in reality, 30% of Muslims in the UK believe that suicide bombing against civilians in order to defend Islam is justified: http://www.pewforum.org/files/2012/07/bombing1.gif

The idea that the problem is only "a few" Muslims is beyond delusional, and completely at odds with the evidence. The entire culture is broken, and should never have been brought to the UK. At this stage, the main concern should be how we eradicate it from the country.
    Not even going to question how they came up with that 30% figure (because statistics and scientific methods only apply when critiquing Islam).

In the same post, you've cited 30% of Muslims believing in suicide bombings and then gone on to say the entire culture is broken.

30% = 100%. The maths is strong with this one.

ReputationRep:
    I am an atheist and as such have on some level a problem with organised religion, be it Christianity, Judaism, Islam etc. However I will fight for the right for any other person to follow one of these religions if it is their wish. We should never condemn anyone for making a choice that it theirs to make. I therefore do have problems with Islam (as I do other religions) but my issues do not arise from acts of terror like we saw yesterday in Paris, these attacks are not carried out by anyone other that extremists that are not following any religion but a religion of terror. I do not necessarily believe muslims need to apologize for the actions of these terrorists as they are so far removed from believing the same thing that they cannot identify with them. Muslims across the continent are also scared and ashamed, to speak up is to be noticed, to be noticed risks persecution, from both sides. Islam is no more the reason for these attacks as Christianity is for the Northern Ireland troubles, or Judaism is for Israel's oppressive regime, or any other religion for and other war over time. These are wars fought by man, they are about power and control, using religious beliefs to back their otherwise hollow arguments. Religious or atheist, these people should not be condemned for their religion, but for their acts of terror.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by RFowler)
    30% is a lot, but not a majority at all. The views of some Muslims (even a sizeable group) certainly doesn't justify any attempt to "eradicate [Islam] from the country".

Also, do you have any more information about that survey? Sample size, for example?
    Given that the poll has no statistical faults - 30% is an immediate problem.

That's 1 in 3

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Ya all need to chill the **** out !
    **** happens

ReputationRep:
    Not so different to the body of Christians around the world who believe that bombing in the Middle East is the answer.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by unknown786786)
    by the way the paris attack if you are talking about charlie hebdo there was no solid evidence or proof that the muslims done before in wars there were people who have dressed as muslims fighting in wars whih does not make them muslims this is how muslims are shown to evryone that they are bad when they are not and what i will say is that most people know the media contains propaganda without 100 percent evidence and also in my opinion what charlie hebdo did was wrong and yes he was racist but telling you one thing i think that the attack which happened was wrong i just think truely islam is not that tyoe of religion which encourage to fight is the way people portray it
    Is that a spoof post? If it is, it's very good. :-)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Zarek)
    Not so different to the body of Christians around the world who believe that bombing in the Middle East is the answer.
    You can specifically draw that to Christians?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    What happened in Paris was an atrocity. But then again, the same thing happens on a larger scale in Gaza. Why all of a sudden the media buzz and the threads about Paris when Israelis are killing innocent Palestinians? Like why can't anyone make a thread about supporting or condemning the Israelis? Thats because nobody cares. Gaza is like the lonely bullied kid in a primary school that gets constant abuse. However, when france falls over and sprains her ankle, everyone comes to the hospital and gives her gifts.

As a muslim, I am taught to respect everyone regardless of race or religion. So in conclusion, I feel really sorry that many innocent people had to die in yesterday's tragic event, as do I feel sorry about the Palestians who were shot dead yesterday.

ReputationRep:
    We do. And that's all mosques and Islamic teachers their talk a lot about these days. How they're wrong and what they're doing is totally against Islam and they've been brainwashed bla bla bla. U just never see it cuz the media doesn't show it.. Wonder why

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by eoe)
    Ya all need to chill the **** out !
    **** happens
    :erm:

Are you referring to the same multi-site terrorist attacks that we're talking about?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Scrappy-coco)
    Now that is a response I would be proud of as a muslim.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Thanks mate

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by UnknownDude)
    Why all of a sudden the media buzz and the threads about Paris when Israelis are killing innocent Palestinians? Like why can't anyone make a thread about supporting or condemning the Israelis? Thats because nobody cares.
    There are individuals, businesses and local authorities boycotting Israel. There have been news stories this past week about the political rows that have happened when senior politicians (e.g. Boris Johnson) have screwed up and sided with Israel.

It is in the news. And people in the UK are doing things about it.

Edit: oh yes, and now goods sold in the EU that are produced in the occupied territories have to be marked as such.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by UnknownDude)
    What happened in Paris was an atrocity. But then again, the same thing happens on a larger scale in Gaza. Why all of a sudden the media buzz and the threads about Paris when Israelis are killing innocent Palestinians? Like why can't anyone make a thread about supporting or condemning the Israelis? Thats because nobody cares.
    How about a 385 page mega thread? Which is now on its 4th edition totalling 1840 pages dedicated the conflict.

But nobody cares...

Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.