Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

muslim and brown watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MrKmas508)
    Why aren't you sure. What do you think will happen?
    I'll get attacked/ racial abused or something. Not at church but on the journey.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Longshot700)
    I'll get attacked/ racial abused or something. Not at church but on the journey.
    Where do you live. I don't see why racially you'd be more likely to be abused today than yesterday. If you were wearing a hijab or long beard maybe.

ReputationRep:
    Where do you live. I don't see why racially you'd be more likely to be abused today than yesterday. If you were wearing a hijab or long beard maybe.
    South east London, last time I got insulted was 2010.

no wait 2012.

ReputationRep:

no wait 2012.
    Go to church you'll be fine.

ReputationRep:
    People should just watch their mouths before mouthing off at Muslims or Asians - we're clearly not all the same

ReputationRep:
    Go to church you'll be fine.
    Well, ok then. Thanks.

ReputationRep:

no wait 2012.
    are you okay? have you been smoking

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Rakas21)
    Are you British first and Muslim second or the opposite.

Would your loyalty in war to Britain or your/your families Muslim homeland.
    I can't help myself, so,

'Muslim' isn't an ethnicity so I'm pretty sure you can be British AND Muslim first?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by halal kebab5)
    are you okay? have you been smoking
    Sorry, but what???

ReputationRep:
    For those of you who aren't Muslim or brown , don't try and patronize those who are fearful. It's common a occurrence to receive some form of abuse from ignorant scum and we have to live it with due to the actions of a few.

ReputationRep:
    My parents don't know I'm Muslim and they're constantly saying horrible things about Islam, and about the Prophet (saw), thanks to these attacks and other past issues. Yes it's horrible, so I can't imagine what it must be like being directly insulted for being a Muslim.

ReputationRep:
    I'm not a Muslim, I'm a christian and I'm half indian, half english. I have dark skin though and have gotten a bit of abuse before.

I gotta go church tomorrow which is a long journey so I don't know If i should go.

For some reason this thread makes me feel at home for some reason.
    Aw, Lemon :console:

Stay safe!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by yasminkattan)
    My parents don't know I'm Muslim and they're constantly saying horrible things about Islam, and about the Prophet (saw), thanks to these attacks and other past issues. Yes it's horrible, so I can't imagine what it must be like being directly insulted for being a Muslim.
    are you planning to tell them youre a muslim

ReputationRep:
    are you planning to tell them youre a muslim
    No, not for a long time. Maybe when I get married inshallah. Who knows what would happen if I did, so better safe than sorry.

ReputationRep:
    No, not for a long time. Maybe when I get married inshallah. Who knows what would happen if I did, so better safe than sorry.
    goodluck i hope it turns out well for you

ReputationRep:
    I'm sorry to hear that. Hope everything turns out okay for you. Take care

ReputationRep:
    goodluck i hope it turns out well for you
    Thanks a lot

ReputationRep:
    i'd imagine it would be very scary for those that live in areas that aren't particularly culturally diverse.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AzimH)
    I'm sorry to hear that. Hope everything turns out okay for you. Take care
    Oh thank you! I hope people don't think I was saying this for attention haha. You too.

ReputationRep:
    I think that people are stupid to think about muslims in such a way. If the Qu'ran teaches muslims to be murders, why is it only about 1% of them who actually terrorists? And why aren't the rest of them like that? What has happened is that islam has become what (excuse me) people of a dark complexion were in the 90s and 80s. They have been dehumanised because of what a tiny population are doing. And why? Because the media need a punchbag(!). It doesn't make good news without a good old-fashioned villain. If you are scared because of those people think like that (especially your friends), then you shouldn't be their friends. Full-stop. I may be an agnostic, but I can definitely see what is happening to Islam. It's worrying.

Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?
Useful resources
AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.