Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    they can but "friends" of the opposite sex generally aren't that close unless there is something going on.i'd be very skeptical of two people of the opposite sex that are always hanging out alone and going to places that could be seen as intimate i.e cinema,resturants e.t.c in those cases at least one of them is likely to want more than friendship

ReputationRep:
    Yes, if either one of them (or both) is (/are) gay, unattractive or asexual.

ReputationRep:
    Yes, what a ridiculous question.

ReputationRep:
    You don't become friends with someone because you want to shag them, unless your like, a sexual deviant or something...

ReputationRep:

yes

ReputationRep:
    No.

ReputationRep:
    Yes, although usually one of them (usually the guy I'd say) would develop feelings for the other, and have to accept or suppress them in order to remain friends.

Guys and girls being friends i obviously common though and happens to almost everyone so of course they can.

ReputationRep:
    I gotta be honest, in my experience, no. Something always happens.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by John55)
    You don't become friends with someone because you want to shag them, unless your like, a sexual deviant or something...

The problem with this is

You begin asking what you friends add to your life and unless they're either really intelligent or really fun because they are typical party animals/roll the best weed, you think Jesus Christ, these people don't justify the time they are taking out of my life.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by z33)

yes
    That scared the sweet Jesus out of me.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Cold 187um)
    :lol:

nailed it tbh
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    Course they can be just friends

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kkboyk)
    That scared the sweet Jesus out of me.
    omg hahaha why? :lol:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by NOONA.)
    I was discussing this with some friends, and in the end many of them agreed to disagree.
    What do you guys think?
    Yep. I have male friends that are just friends.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Cold 187um)
    You know that most aces want a romantic relationship right? People who don't want a romantic relationship are called aromantics. This is unrelated to asexuality.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by The Rad Prince)
    The problem with this is

You begin asking what you friends add to your life and unless they're either really intelligent or really fun because they are typical party animals/roll the best weed, you think Jesus Christ, these people don't justify the time they are taking out of my life.
    But wouldn't it be more of a waste of your life just sitting around alone because you decided your time was to precious to waste on the people who used to be your friends. All you need from friends really is someone you enjoy spending time with, it sounds like your saying why be friends with anyone if their not Stephen Hawking or Pete Doherty?

ReputationRep:
    Yeah, but one of them, or both may raise their compatibility with the other to see if there's anything there and then develop extra feelings. Not to mention we all like attention from the opposite gender.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by John55)
    But wouldn't it be more of a waste of your life just sitting around alone because you decided your time was to precious to waste on the people who used to be your friends. All you need from friends really is someone you enjoy spending time with, it sounds like your saying why be friends with anyone if their not Stephen Hawking or Pete Doherty...
    Pete Doherty :rofl:

I think that's the point, most people prefer company they have a total blast with, rather than people who are most trustworthy or whatever male honour BS. I have noticed poor people from ghettos are really loyal compared with middle class kids, I think it's because the stress of their lives means they need strong connections compared with rich kids who have no basic needs which are not met as standard.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by z33)
    omg hahaha why? :lol:
    My webpage was zoomed in at 175%, and that woman looks like a turtle

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kkboyk)
    My webpage was zoomed in at 175%, and that woman looks like a turtle
    haAHAhahahahHA omg I'm dying :rofl: Awh bless you

it's Trisha Paytas
    she was on America's Got Talent once... it was horrible https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0jG-p9kF0lw

But she's a good YouTuber haha

oh she was also on My Strange Addictions for a tanning addiction 0_0
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3MzNVqzMky4

Poll
Do you like carrot cake?
Useful resources
AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.