Does love REALLY exist ?? Watch

ParadisePursuit
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Interesting post OP. I just left an involvement I had with a psychopath, he created a psychological love bond through good feelings towards him (giving me attention, saying the most beautiful words) but because he was never empathic it was all a facade. When he got to the discard stage, because he was bored of me and definitely had other girls to play his predatory game with. I'm left to wonder with that experience, does love actually exist even in empathic people? If it did why would people cheat on some person they supposedly cared for the most and feel so much 'love' for? From reading what has been discussed I think it's just a concept based off of chemical reactions in the brain and biological responses.
Daniellaaa
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
I think it does exist but there's a limit to it. It's certainly never like the love we see depicted in Hollywood
ZuluK
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
No it doesn't
Joel 96
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Love - feel deep affection or sexual love for (someone).

Sure, why not?
acupofgreentea
Badges: 13
Report 3 years ago
Yes.

If you think about it, love exists in many other forms than the traditional, romantic sense. When you're passionate about something, that is founded in love. When you're in awe of something, that is founded in love.

Love provides the basis of a lot of the positive feelings we have in life, not merely in the ways it is most obvious.
saalih
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
love, another reason to disbelieve in materialists because you cannot prove love in a lab yet we all know it exists
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you made up your mind on your five uni choices? (November update)

Yes I know where I'm applying (109)
70.32%
No I haven't decided yet (30)
19.35%
Yes but I might change my mind (16)
10.32%

Watched Threads