Trump is against animal rights- we should still accept him

Trump insults the disabled- we should still accept him

Trump is homophobic- he is still ok

Trump is transphobic- that's not a problem

Trump insults Asian ethnic minorities- not a problem still

Trump is racist to South Americans- he is ok

Trump insults Muslims- HE IS A **** WHO MUST BE BANNED AND RID OF THIS WORLD

Grow up!
So in other words you don't actually have a response to his point? Trump has always been an outlandish buffoon and his comments about Mexicans were pretty horrific (as I recall he essentially said they were mostly murderers, thieves and rapists?) but looking to tackle immigration and banning everyone of a particular religion from entering, even as holiday makers or as part of a business trip, are completely different and you know it.

Also, for the record the petition was created 28th November 2015, after the muslim remarks, not in advance of them: https://petition.parliament.uk/petitions/114003.json

"state":"open","signature_count" :553474,"created_at":"2015-11-28T17:55:11.248Z","updated_at":"2015-12-13T15:10:42.460Z"
Khadijaalimalik
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by Gears265)
You are asking if I'm happy that Islam has a higher place in the hearts of the left than anyone else? No that does not make me happy. Why gives the followers of Islam more priority than other people?
WAIT ... Islam right now, have you seen the headlines both on the news and newspapers???
Other then finally putting Trump in his place ...your more worried about Muslims having more priority than other people?

Us Muslims if we:

Take any means of transport we instantly get looked at.
At times if I sit next to someone they move.
We get abused and sworn at for something we haven't actually done!
We get blamed for the actions of those who don't even follow our belief properly.
honestly I could go on ...
RulesforRadicals
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
First they came for the African-Americans and I did not speak out, because I was not African-American

Then they came for the homosexuals and I did not speak out, because I was not a homosexual

Then they came for the women and I did not speak out, because I was not a woman

Then they came for the Latinos and I did not speak out, because I was not a Latino

Then they came for the disabled and I did not speak out, because I was not disabled

Then they came for the Muslims and suddenly the **** hits the fan

(Original post by Captain Haddock)
Banning citizens of a singular neighbouring country from entering your own is bad but nowhere near as outlandishly ridiculous as banning all followers of a global religion. They aren't equivalent.
So you're saying that racism isn't as bad?

I think you need to get your moral compass fixed m8
Davij038
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Lets see:

Whilst the U.S Right was funding and arming Islamists, the Commies, Secular left et al fought against them.

The Left wing Kurds are the only ones fighting ISIS directly.

The Indian Secular Left have routinely trashed the Right wing sponsored Pakistan state.

The Infamous Charlie Hebdo which has received so much support from the left wing Hollande government regularly trashes Islam (along with other faiths).

The biggest critics of Islam (And the best) are all left wing e.g Christopher Hitchens, Richard Dawkins, Sam Harris.

Whilst there are of course some nihilists that appease Islamist under the pretense of being left wing ( Galloway) or through Naivety (Corbyn) I would say that this is comparable to those on the Right- both of these groups operate under the guise of 'my enemy's enemy is my friend' or do not believe what they see as a Zionist/ Corporate media that challenges their nworld view.
Stiff Little Fingers
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Pathetic response but I expect nothing less from you.

This is a perfect example of the left and their heroic love for Islam and not even you can dispute it. It took a comment towards Muslims for you lot to come in your swarms, who would of thought?
It's not, not least because it's not just the left that disagree with what Trump said, nor does the left love Islam - they simply oppose the likes of Britain First and the EDL who use opposition to Islam as a veil for racism.
RulesforRadicals
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by Davij038)
Lets see:

Whilst the U.S Right was funding and arming Islamists, the Commies, Secular left et al fought against them.

The Left wing Kurds are the only ones fighting ISIS directly.

The Indian Secular Left have routinely trashed the Right wing sponsored Pakistan state.

The Infamous Charlie Hebdo which has received so much support from the left wing Hollande government regularly trashes Islam (along with other faiths).

The biggest critics of Islam (And the best) are all left wing e.g Christopher Hitchens, Richard Dawkins, Sam Harris.

Whilst there are of course some nihilists that appease Islamist under the pretense of being left wing ( Galloway) or through Naivety (Corbyn) I would say that this is comparable to those on the Right- both of these groups operate under the guise of 'my enemy's enemy is my friend' or do not believe what they see as a Zionist/ Corporate media that challenges their nworld view.
https://www.google.co.uk/search?q=ga...sm=93&ie=UTF-8

Bet you anything Galloway is a convert. He talks like a leftist but I would not be at all surprised if he acts like a reactionary social conservative in his personal life.

Do not trust this man/10
username878267
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Wow OP you're outdoing yourself with idiotic threads today.
Davij038
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by Stiff Little Fingers)

It's not, not least because it's not just the left that disagree with what Trump said, nor does the left love Islam - they simply oppose the likes of Britain First and the EDL who use opposition to Islam as a veil for racism.
THIS

Islam is a disgusting, ridiculous Ideology (as is all religion, but the Abrahamic ones in particular) . But so is Racism. What some parts of the left and the right have fallen to is using one to try and defeat the other. It doesn't work.
Khadijaalimalik
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
The number of incidences based on what you said is lower than the number of incidences of Islamic extremists insulting non believers and the western populations so don't play the victims card. Islamophobia attacks this year are in the 100s, the number of extremist incidences and those run off to ISIS are in the 1000s. It's not our fault you are sensitive and turn to violence over small incidences.
wow victims card..
Did you know many of those people have tried getting back from ISIS, as they realized that ISIS truly are not Muslims.
Im muslim and I do not agree with anything ISIS is doing, instead im here in England trying to make the right impression to show people, Muslims are not like those animals !

I can just tell, you just dont like Muslims and Islam in general so there isn't much point debating with you.

Your upset about the fact that something is finally being done to support Muslims... (THATS HOW YOU SEE IT)

Any humane person would be happy at the fact this petition has finally been responded to -_-
BefuddledPenguin
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
This isn't 'the left' as an entity. It's a small part of it called the 'regressive left'. We need to start using this term more often.
Captain Haddock
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
That is where you are wrong, the petition started before his comments towards Muslims so try again
... And then more and more people starting signing it as a satirical response to his comments. It really makes no difference.

(Original post by RulesforRadicals)
So you're saying that racism isn't as bad?

I think you need to get your moral compass fixed m8
Christ :facepalm2:
RulesforRadicals
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago

Christ :facepalm2:
Let me put this is easier terms for your brain to understand

Nobody chooses their race

Nobody chooses their sexual orientation

Nobody chooses whether or not they have a disability

People do choose whether or not they are Muslim

Why is Trump's anti-Muslim bigotry worse than his racism/homophobia/abelism?
Lord Samosa
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
The number of incidences based on what you said is lower than the number of incidences of Islamic extremists insulting non believers and the western populations so don't play the victims card. Islamophobia attacks this year are in the 100s, the number of extremist incidences and those run off to ISIS are in the 1000s. It's not our fault you are sensitive and turn to violence over small incidences.
You don't like Islam, fair enough that's your opinion and you're entitled to it. You're angry at terrorists/ISIS as we all are. But why are you so hostile to regular Muslims on here, especially since we don't like ISIS either.

Instead of wanting to work together to deal with ISIS you just waste your energy on arguing against the Muslims who do nothing wrong. What are you trying to achieve? I don't get it.
Khadijaalimalik
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Those filth who went to join ISIS I hope Assad's forces or Putin's or the Kurds or the coalition burn their corpses. They have no right to come back, they made their bed. I truly hope they suffer .

A humane person would have responded to the petition earlier not because their precious Muslims were insulted
Humans make mistakes they all deserve a second chance, if they truly made their bed they wouldn't have budged to come back !

If i had known about the petition earlier I would have definitely responded.
Captain Haddock
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Let me put this is easier terms for your brain to understand

Nobody chooses their race

Nobody chooses their sexual orientation

Nobody chooses whether or not they have a disability

People do choose whether or not they are Muslim

Why is Trump's anti-Muslim bigotry worse than his racism/homophobia/abelism?
It's not that it's worse, it's that it's been expressed in the form of a hilariously stupid, impossible to enforce policy that would affect 1.6 billion people. It stands out because in this instance, his bigotry has solidified into something totally outlandish and ridiculous.
Khadijaalimalik
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by Lord Samosa)
What are you trying to achieve? I don't get it.
Exactly ...
Catholic_
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
The fact that people wont smebody banned from the UK because he oppposes immigration goes ot show how fascist Muslims are.
RulesforRadicals
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by Lord Samosa)
You don't like Islam, fair enough that's your opinion and you're entitled to it. You're angry at terrorists/ISIS as we all are. But why are you so hostile to regular Muslims on here, especially since we don't like ISIS either.

Instead of wanting to work together to deal with ISIS you just waste your energy on arguing against the Muslims who do nothing wrong. What are you trying to achieve? I don't get it.

He's not at all excusing Trumps hatred of Muslims, he is asking why people only suddenly wanted to ban Trump from the UK for hate speech after he attacked Muslims, when he has been attacking loads of other minority groups faced no reaction at all for doing such a thing.

Trump was allowed to be racist

Trump was allowed to be sexist

Trump was allowed to be homophobic

Trump was not allowed to be anti-Muslim

Why?

It's not that it's worse, it's that it's been expressed in the form of a hilariously stupid, impossible to enforce policy that would affect 1.6 billion people. It stands out because in this instance, his bigotry has solidified into something totally outlandish and ridiculous.

It's no less enforceable than his policy on Mexicans.
username1221160
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Left wing logic:

Trump is racist- lets still keep him

Trump bans all Mexicans- he is still ok

Trump is sexist- he is still alright

Trump supports black people getting shot- it's fine

Trump is against animal rights- we should still accept him

Trump insults the disabled- we should still accept him

Trump is homophobic- he is still ok

Trump is transphobic- that's not a problem

Trump insults Asian ethnic minorities- not a problem still

Trump is racist to South Americans- he is ok

Trump insults Muslims- HE IS A **** WHO MUST BE BANNED AND RID OF THIS WORLD

Grow up!
Donald Trump has been a source of controversy and derision for many years, and has been repeatedly criticised for the garbage that comes out his mouth by democrats and moderate republicans, so please stop making stuff up.

Trump didn't just insult Muslims, he wants to drive a truck through values that are central to Western society like freedom of religion, limitations on government, and privacy, which, coming from someone a couple of votes away from the American presidency, is quite a frightening thought.
Captain Haddock
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago

It's no less enforceable than his policy on Mexicans.
Yes it is.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Which party will you be voting for in the General Election?

Conservatives (83)
18.61%
Labour (185)
41.48%
Liberal Democrats (92)
20.63%
Green Party (33)
7.4%
Brexit Party (15)
3.36%
Independent Group for Change (Change UK) (0)
0%
SNP (6)
1.35%
Plaid Cymru (5)
1.12%
Democratic Unionist Party (DUP) (0)
0%
Sinn Fein (0)
0%
SDLP (0)
0%
Ulster Unionist (0)