Capital punishment Watch

honey55497
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 years ago
(Original post by jake4198)
To be called Hitler for stating a perfectly rationed point just shows your immaturity. Why should someone who takes another person's life deserve to live theirs? And you're the same person who thinks Christmas is a capitalist plot so if I was you I'd take a look in the mirror.
i absulotely like your comment and it is a mature valid point which is awesome and great
realatheist
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
To be called Hitler for stating a perfectly rationed point just shows your immaturity. Why should someone who takes another person's life deserve to live theirs? And you're the same person who thinks Christmas is a capitalist plot so if I was you I'd take a look in the mirror.
You didn't provide a rational point- you provided your opinion. Learn the difference.

There are other ways with dealing with someone who has murdered other than barbaric actions.

You probably the sort of person who would want a person tortured to death for driving and accidentally killing someone when they are tired.
realatheist
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by honey55497)
is there a particular reason to why u r saying this
Yes.

I don't believe you should take the life of another unnecessary.
AidenLloydJepsen
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by realatheist)
You didn't provide a rational point- you provided your opinion. Learn the difference.

There are other ways with dealing with someone who has murdered other than barbaric actions.

You probably the sort of person who would want a person tortured to death for driving and accidentally killing someone when they are tired.
A rational point is making a judgement based off understanding and analysis.

Someone who commits barbarism should pay for their actions. It's no point funding their residence at a state prison as it drains public resources and gives attention to people who simply don't deserve it.

If someone accidentally kills someone - that is manslaughter. Not murder. Torture is never right.
realatheist
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by eoe)
only for murder and if the evidence is clear and precise...
What if someone got raped by a rapist one night and a few years later they went to that rapist house and murdered them.

Would you still support capital punishment for them?
redbluedex
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
No. Like PusE said, there's very rarely a way of knowing with 100% certainty if a person is actually guilty or not, even with eyewitnesses or confessions.
The most common argument against is 'killing to show killing is wrong' doesn't make sense, but I can actually get on board with that. A lot of our punishments could be equated to a criminal act - prison is kidnap, confiscation of illegal items is theft, community service is slavery. I think the real issue is that, as with most things, it's near enough impossible to draw the line.
Capital punishment is generally enforced in cases of murder - but murder is not as simple as that. Sometimes it's premeditated, sometimes it's in self-defence, sometimes it's just another crime (mugging or armed robbery for example) gone wrong. Should all of these instances get the death penalty? It's impossible to have a fixed law because every case is different. The current justice system adapts to this - prison sentences can be changed, appealed, or even overruled if new evidence comes to light or due to good behaviour. Capital punishment can't do this as there's literally no going back from death.
honey55497
Rep:
?
Yes.

I don't believe you should take the life of another unnecessary.
clearly if u read my previous messages ull know i stated if its neccasery such like som1 murdering ur family or rape im sure no offence if it hapened to u dont tell me ull forgiven them if u do then i rate u but im sure most people wodnt
realatheist
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
A rational point is making a judgement based off understanding and analysis.

Someone who commits barbarism should pay for their actions. It's no point funding their residence at a state prison as it drains public resources and gives attention to people who simply don't deserve it.

If someone accidentally kills someone - that is manslaughter. Not murder. Torture is never right.
no a rational point is stating facts not judgement. There are no opinions in rationality. Of course you can base your opinion on a rational point though.

Capital punishment cost more than putting someone in jail. So your argument about money is a huge fail.
redbluedex
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
You can get 100% proof idiot.
Actually, you really can't. You can get 100% proof that someone didn't commit a crime, but getting concrete proof of a murder? Very, very unlikely.
eoe
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
What is someone got raped by a rapist one night and a few years later they went to that rapist house and murdered them.

Would you still support capital punishment for them?
Depends if the rape victim had psychological issues.
if yes, then he/she shall go to prison. If no then she/he shall get the capital punishment.....

The rapist has seved his punishment in it, so why does she/he need to murder the rapist....
realatheist
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
clearly if u read my previous messages ull know i stated if its neccasery such like som1 murdering ur family or rape im sure no offence if it hapened to u dont tell me ull forgiven them if u do then i rate u but im sure most people wodnt
You need to look up the definition of necessary.

Necessary is killing someone in self-defense- not for revenge.
honey55497
Rep:
?
You need to look up the definition of necessary.

Necessary is killing someone in self-defense- not for revenge.
im not tlking about self defense here thats agrreable but im tlking about things like murder and rape
realatheist
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by redbluedex)
Actually, you really can't. You can get 100% proof that someone didn't commit a crime, but getting concrete proof of a murder? Very, very unlikely.
There are some cases where the perpetrator finger prints are found on countless bodies of their victims which they have buried in multiple gardens of their multiple homes.

Tell me how you can say that is not 100% proof they murdered or at least had something to do with their killings?
honey55497
Rep:
?
(Original post by eoe)
if yes, then he/she shall go to prison. If no then she/he shall get the capital punishment.....

The rapist has seved his punishment in it, so why does she/he need to murder the rapist....
if u think of it logically statistics have shown countires who have cariied out cpaital punishment have decreased the amount of crimes which has happened
realatheist
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by eoe)

Maybe their victim didn't report it and decided to get revenge after being ****** up mentally for years.
AidenLloydJepsen
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
no a rational point is stating facts not judgement. There are no opinions in rationality. Of course you can base your opinion on a rational point though.

Capital punishment cost more than putting someone in jail. So your argument about money is a huge fail.
A rational point is not stating facts. Rational is making a decision or judgement through reason. Science is based off rational. By your logic science is therefore irrational as nothing in science is fact, but instead a series of hypotheses formed by rational thought.

It does not cost more to send someone to death. I imagine you get your statistics from the USA; may I remind you prisoners who are sentenced onto death row can wait upwards of 25 years before they're executed?

The cost of capital punishment is dependent on the politics, not the practice.
realatheist
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
im not tlking about self defense here thats agrreable but im tlking about things like murder and rape
its not necessary to kill unless its for self-defense.
redbluedex
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
There are some cases where the perpetrator finger prints are found on countless bodies of their victims which they have buried in multiple gardens of their multiple homes.

Tell me how you can say that is not 100% proof they murdered or at least had something to do with their killings?
Proof of involvement, yes. But there's no way of proving whether it's premeditated or not, or whether it was self defence, or other factors like what psychological state they were in at the exact moment.
honey55497
Rep:
?
its not necessary to kill unless its for self-defense.
what are u trying to say becuase what im saying is that if someone killed someone out of self defense then capital punishment they dont deserve but mureder and rape it should be carried out on the rapist or the murder so they have fear not o do such things
realatheist
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
if u think of it logically statistics have shown countires who have cariied out cpaital punishment have decreased the amount of crimes which has happened
You are wrong.

Countries with the highest crime rate have capital punishment.

Capital punishment is not going to stop terrorist/ mass murders as most just kill themselves anyway.

Its not going to stop murder committed out of rage.

Its not going to stop much murder at all.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

People at uni: do initiations (like heavy drinking) put you off joining sports societies?

Yes (118)
63.44%
No (68)
36.56%

Watched Threads