?
Report 3 years ago
Gormenghast.
Fox Corner
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
I absolutely love A Song of Ice and Fire series - they're literally my favourite books. But I can't seem to get into any other fantasy series?

I didn't rate Robin Hobb or Patrick Rothfuss very much, aND I wasn't inspired to go further than the first book of each series. I quite like Terry Pratchett but I'm more into 'serious' fantasy rather than comedy fantasy. The only other fantasy series I've read that I've really liked are Harry Potter (obvs) and His Dark Materials.

Is LotR my next logical step or does anyone have any recommendations that are similar to ASoIaF?
Anastasia2572
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Throne of Glass is currently what has made me so invested in a series

Posted from TSR Mobile
Random98
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by Anastasia2572)
Throne of Glass is currently what has made me so invested in a series

Posted from TSR Mobile
Thats great that you like TOG . I'm too overly obsessed with it. Can't wait for the rest of its books to publish so i can read em all at once in peace.
tamsin_
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Lady Midnight from the Dark Artifices in the Shadowhunter Chronicles! Best book ever

Posted from TSR Mobile
Anastasia2572
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by Random98)
Thats great that you like TOG . I'm too overly obsessed with it. Can't wait for the rest of its books to publish so i can read em all at once in peace.
I have no money and Amazon refuses to let me sign in so I can't pre order the new ones. Why is life so cruel!!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Random98
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
I have no money and Amazon refuses to let me sign in so I can't pre order the new ones. Why is life so cruel!!

Posted from TSR Mobile
IKR!? Only Queen of Shadows has been out (up till now). The rest (till 6th book) will be out until next year. What a drag It's like my most anticipated book series!
Anastasia2572
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
IKR!? Only Queen of Shadows has been out (up till now). The rest (till 6th book) will be out until next year. What a drag It's like my most anticipated book series!
The horror!! The struggle!! I've been re watching skins on Netflix to try and pass the time

Posted from TSR Mobile
Random98
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
The horror!! The struggle!! I've been re watching skins on Netflix to try and pass the time

Posted from TSR Mobile
I totally feel you I've grown out of that feeling a lil' now. Cuz I've occupied myself with other books. But theres always this constant need for tog :argh:. Now I hope the rest of the books and the big ending doesn't disappoint me, cuz I might jump off a cliff for waiting so long for utter tragedy. Anyways, I'm pretty confident Sarah J. Maas will handle the plot greatly. She has, so far.
Anastasia2572
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
I totally feel you I've grown out of that feeling a lil' now. Cuz I've occupied myself with other books. But theres always this constant need for tog :argh:. Now I hope the rest of the books and the big ending doesn't disappoint me, cuz I might jump off a cliff for waiting so long for utter tragedy. Anyways, I'm pretty confident Sarah J. Maas will handle the plot greatly. She has, so far.
What are u reading now??

Posted from TSR Mobile
Random98
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
What are u reading now??

Posted from TSR Mobile
uhhh Percy Jackson

I know I'm pretty late at reading em'. But i didn't like the first book when i read it first long time ago. So, I kinda got back to these series and planned to finish em up before i start anything else. They aren't bad. Not bad at all actually . I'm on the last book.
Anastasia2572
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
uhhh Percy Jackson

I know I'm pretty late at reading em'. But i didn't like the first book when i read it first long time ago. So, I kinda got back to these series and planned to finish em up before i start anything else. They aren't bad. Not bad at all actually . I'm on the last book.
Ah, good ol' Percy Jackson. That last book though is heavy and a hardback. My friend hit me with it once. I have had a vendetta against that book since

Posted from TSR Mobile
Random98
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Ah, good ol' Percy Jackson. That last book though is heavy and a hardback. My friend hit me with it once. I have had a vendetta against that book since

Posted from TSR Mobile
Hahahaha :console: I have shaky thoughts about the last book. I hope it ends nicely
Anastasia2572
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Hahahaha :console: I have shaky thoughts about the last book. I hope it ends nicely
I need a book recommendation for my poor soul!! Any suggestions??

Posted from TSR Mobile
Random98
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
I need a book recommendation for my poor soul!! Any suggestions??

Posted from TSR Mobile
Ummm If you don't mind, I'm gonna tell you a bunch of em' instead of just one. (cuz its hard to choose just one for recommending)

1) Mortal Instruments//Infernal Devices (both are great)
2) Iron Fey Series
3) Lunar Chronicles Series (totally check em out)
4) The Mediator Series
5) The Raven Cycle Series
6) Vampirates Series
7) A Court of Thorns and Roses (i highly doubt you're unaware of them )
8) Daughter of Smoke and Bone series
9) The Selection Series
Anastasia2572
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Ummm If you don't mind, I'm gonna tell you a bunch of em' instead of just one. (cuz its hard to choose just one for recommending)

1) Mortal Instruments//Infernal Devices (both are great)
2) Iron Fey Series
3) Lunar Chronicles Series (totally check em out)
4) The Mediator Series
5) The Raven Cycle Series
6) Vampirates Series
7) A Court of Thorns and Roses (i highly doubt you're unaware of them )
8) Daughter of Smoke and Bone series
9) The Selection Series
Thank u!!! Omg I love the mortal instruments! And I was going to go shopping soon with a friend cause I got her addicted to ToG and we were gunna buy the first few books of the raven cycle!😊 well, when I have money that is!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Random98
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Thank u!!! Omg I love the mortal instruments! And I was going to go shopping soon with a friend cause I got her addicted to ToG and we were gunna buy the first few books of the raven cycle!😊 well, when I have money that is!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Yw!
Anastasia2572
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Yw!
Have u been watching anything on Netflix recently??

Posted from TSR Mobile
Random98
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Have u been watching anything on Netflix recently??

Posted from TSR Mobile
Nah... I don't really watch anything on Netflix. I pretty much watch everything on web or online (basically animes). Although I heard an anime (Ajin) is airing/will be airing on netflix.
Coreling
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Stormlight archive and American Gods.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you made up your mind on your five uni choices? (November update)

Yes I know where I'm applying (216)
70.59%
No I haven't decided yet (57)
18.63%
Yes but I might change my mind (33)
10.78%

Watched Threads