Life after uni, friendship circles ?? Watch

stargirl63
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
Ive graduated and ive been working part time, just untill I find a proper job and I have, I start in January. However since then I have been so bored at work they only give me one or two shifts a week sometimes none. Ive asked for more but they dont.

My friends from uni are good and we have a great laugh I hope the friendship lasts and we all live in the same city, well the lads do. I still talk to my friend from college and one from school, now and then but I havent seen them in a while just spoken on the phone as they are working.

It seems some people are busy, is this how it goes when you leave uni ? I mean when/who do you meet up with ?

I keep thinking back to how good its was at uni, we had a good circle, I was always seeing and getting to know people who I got on with and joked with. I probably wont see some now.

Hows life after uni treating you ?
(Original post by UWS)
I was just about to make a thread until I saw this.

I'm pretty much in the same situation as you. Next year I'll graduate and all the 'friends' I met at uni will probably not talk to me any more. It's a sad state but it's bound to happen. I do enjoy being at uni with them, sharing stories and talking but once uni is over, the fun is likely to be over too...

I mean what else can you talk about apart from "how's job hunting?", "oh, it's good". All this small talk won't last very long.

So I guess I'll have to enjoy what I have left because in 6-7 months time I'll only really have 1 or 2 REAL friends left.
You know how when it's all over, and you genuinely know who your real friends are... this is what it is. When I was at uni, I still made it a point to talk to my friends during holidays, summer etc. I came out of uni, and I still have all my friends. It does take a lot of organising, but I love it when I see 35 people come to my birthday party. They are genuine true friends, not just "people I used to speak to because you were there" , which is what it seems like happened to you guys.

I suggest you go about making new friends. Try meetup.com - they have a number of social events weekly which will help make friends.
Sae.HH
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Friendship circles are bull****, if you don't know individuals well enough to hang out with them on their own, just doing whatever, you WILL lose contact, guaranteed. I try to meet up with my friends as groups but also on an individual basis whenever I can. I think that's quite important too, just being alone with one friend is much more intimate than being in a group, even if you're good friends with them all.

My 2 cents.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Which party will you be voting for in the General Election?

Conservatives (8)
19.51%
Labour (19)
46.34%
Liberal Democrats (6)
14.63%
Green Party (1)
2.44%
Brexit Party (1)
2.44%
Independent Group for Change (Change UK) (0)
0%
SNP (2)
4.88%
Plaid Cymru (1)
2.44%
Democratic Unionist Party (DUP) (0)
0%
Sinn Fein (0)
0%
SDLP (0)
0%
Ulster Unionist (0)