Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    20/24 - Pass.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Hydeman)
    That's a pass. A bare pass, but a pass nonetheless. You need to get 75 percent or higher to pass. :beard:
    Oh I tried the one in the independent paper and it said something at the end in big red letters.. Can't remember what it was. But lol tried another and got so many wrong xD

Might do one more :lol:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TheOtherSide.)
    It becomes very concerning when I get above average in this.
    Spoiler:
    Show
    And still fail.
    I think it might be broken. I just got 100% on one of the tests and it still said I failed.

Either that or this is a crafty new method for keeping migrants out.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Greenlaner)
    I think it might be broken. I just got 100% on one of the tests and it still said I failed.

Here's a page that has up to 43 different tests each consisting of 23 questions - https://lifeintheuktests.co.uk/life-in-the-uk-test-3/

Knock yourselves out guys

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Greenlaner)

Doesn't keep the migrants out. Just means that they have to keep paying through the nose for renewal of leave to remain in the country when the 3-5 year temporary leave expires. I think it reached £1500 for the application the last time I looked.

ReputationRep:
    Remember when I was at school and our teacher made us all take the test in lesson time. The whole class failed bar 2 people.

ReputationRep:
    I failed so miserably I almost laughed.

ReputationRep:
    I failed it 45.83% I'm soooo foreign

ReputationRep:
    Did the first test and got 15/24 not bad...apart from being a fail

ReputationRep:
    Try the "essentials" ones, easier...got 20/24, though it still says I failed despite the fact it also says I need 18 to pass lol
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    Oooookay... so I got 22 out of 24... it says FAILED, as I needed to answer 18 questions correctly to pass??? :rofl:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by WoodyMKC)
    Oooookay... so I got 22 out of 24... it says FAILED, as I needed to answer 18 questions correctly to pass??? :rofl:
    Gotta be exactly 18...it's the new way of keeping immigration down

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Hydeman)
    It's a fairly easy test, but horrifically named. The reason why people fail it despite having lived in UK their whole lives is because a lot of what it tests is basically a summary of British history, which doesn't really have much relevance to the everyday life of anybody in the UK who doesn't take an interest in history (i.e. most of the population).

Some sample questions here: http://i100.independent.co.uk/articl...nt--gJ0v-H6BQx.
    I also got two wrong. The one about Richard Arkwright and the one about Queen Anne.

There was a question that said "British values and principles are based on tradition and history". I got this wrong by saying it was false. However, I think that our societal values are on the whole quite progressive and so I disagree with the contention.
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    Scored way higher than average and still failed... :erm:

(Original post by IFoundWonderland)
    I also got two wrong. The one about Richard Arkwright and the one about Queen Anne.

There was a question that said "British values and principles are based on tradition and history". I got this wrong by saying it was false. However, I think that our societal values are on the whole quite progressive and so I disagree with the contention.
    I think that question might have been a reference to common law and how it's based on judicial precedent. You can never really tell with these things. :holmes:

I got the Richard Arkwright question right but it was a total guess, as were a few others.

ReputationRep:
    So, if I fail do I get deported, cus im a British born citizen so a bit awkward

ReputationRep:
    Name:  Screenshot_2016-02-12-00-57-39.png
Views: 139
Size:  81.3 KB
    :lolwut:

ReputationRep:
    Did the first one got 19/24 - 79.17%

ReputationRep:
    20/24

ReputationRep:
    It's a really stunning sign of failure in our education system that half of 18-24 year olds cannot pass this test. :sad:

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you rather give up salt or pepper?
    Useful resources
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.