Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Why do guys on Facebook etc get so salty Watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by antipol)
    Loads of guys get really nasty and aggressive if you give them a hard rejection, whereas ignoring has the plausible deniability that she might just have missed the message or forgotten.
    Why not just up your privacy settings so they can't message you at all?

ReputationRep:
    In comments on viral videos / pics I always see desperate guys harassing girls who commented. Surely people can't think it will work?
    Spoiler:
    Show
    (on an unrelated side note, is it possible to group message all the girls on TSR at once?)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Reue)
    Why not just up your privacy settings so they can't message you at all?
    I'm a guy, although gay guys do like to have a go

but I don't care because I am big, so it must be worse for women being harassed by straight guys.

This aside, girls shouldn't have to block strangers because some guys are so socially unaware they do not know how to act.

ReputationRep:
    they be looking for some pepper

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by preetg97)
    Sounds almost like people here complaining their photos didn't get enough reps so it's obviously some conspiracy #illuminati
    :rofl:

ReputationRep:
    This aside, girls shouldn't have to block strangers because some guys are so socially unaware they do not know how to act.
    If you don't like receiving messages from strangers then the solution is to block strangers from messaging you.

It's not a case of 'girls shouldn't have to', it's about solving the issue in the quickest and easiest way.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Reue)
    If you don't like receiving messages from strangers then the solution is to block strangers from messaging you.

It's not a case of 'girls shouldn't have to', it's about solving the issue in the quickest and easiest way.
    The problem is they will still have info on the location of the victim and other details so can track them down!

ReputationRep:
    Something I've noticed.

Loads of guys on FB and other social media will message a pretty girl out of the blue, trying to get to know her (he obviously wants sex) and when she ignores him, he complains at how rude women are as if he deserved an answer, like piss off you creep.

It's even worse if he keeps pestering her and she blocks him and he doesn't see what he did wrong
    Are you female? I can't tell, I'm on the app.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Legendairy)
    The problem is they will still have info on the location of the victim and other details so can track them down!
    Sorry.. what has that got to do with receiving unwanted messages?

If your location information is freely available than yes, anyone can track you down if they so wish. It's irrelevant to whether they then message you or not :s

ReputationRep:
    I know a girl (seriously hehe) and she once told me she hated getting messages under her pictures. She replies politely to most of them though. So if i see a picture of someone i like i will give it a like and thats all.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ServantOfMorgoth)
    Are you female? I can't tell, I'm on the app.
    I'm a man.

ReputationRep:
    I'm a man.
    Lol oh

ReputationRep:
    I dont get people who message girls out the blue. I could never muster up the courage to message a girl i liked.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SYYAAM97)
    I dont get people who message girls out the blue. I could never muster up the courage to message a girl i liked.
    But you can muster up courage to insult people online? :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    It's completely different for me.

I don't really fall for girls easily, I just try to have fun and if girls are along with me it's nice. If I did like a girl and wanted her, we probably wouldn't be strangers to begin with.

ReputationRep:
    Many women lack a sense of humour. :teehee:

That is why men go to the pub.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ServantOfMorgoth)
    But you can muster up courage to insult people online? :rolleyes:
    I was mocking your incomprehensible and stupid attiude to being called Aladdin. Capiche?

ReputationRep:
    I was mocking your incomprehensible and stupid attiude to being called Aladdin. Capiche?
    Incomprehensible to YOU, that's the important factor here. Also, saying that I look like I've come out of a Colombian whorehouse is not even close to a tease, so your counter argument is a big lie.

ReputationRep:
    They're either trolls or guys using brute force.

ReputationRep:
    Because they are health conscious and don't consume enough sugar to balance .

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Has a teacher ever helped you cheat?
    Useful resources
    AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.