Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

should i end my relationship?? watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by addiegirl123)
    i do like him but i just think it's wrong if i keep dating someone that i'm constantly second guessing, isn't it unfair if i stay in this relationship even if i'm second guessing it? i feel like that's leading him on ://
    But wouldn't you agree that the same will happen if you start a new relationship, unless you get over what's troubling you? I'm just saying keeping this relationship is probably the best way to get over it, it's a win-win situation, but hey, it's your choice.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SchoolAside)
    But wouldn't you agree that the same will happen if you start a new relationship, unless you get over what's troubling you? I'm just saying keeping this relationship is probably the best way to get over it, it's a win-win situation, but hey, it's your choice.
    yeah that's why it's a hard call. I don't know if I'm not feeling this relationship because of my past and should just get over the fear or if it is because I'm with the wrong person and should break up with him. ugh!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by whorace)
    Childish, how old are you 12? It is actually scientifically proven to be impossible to sustain the chemical reaction of 'love' in the first phrases of a relationship, it wades eventually, that is inevitable.

Refusing to be friends with someone who does not respect you is not childish, it is called having self-respect
    She didn't say that he doesn't respect her, so a friendship after breaking up is definitely possible, I don't know what kind of relationship they previously had but I assume it wasn't disrespectful or abusive therefore it wouldn't 'compromise any self-respect at all. I would be happy to accept that I was wrong if you could provide prove rather than just bluntly saying that the "chemical reaction of 'love" can't be experienced past falling for someone. Saying the chemicals of 'love' [Dopamine, Serotonin, Oxytocin, Vasopressin etc etc] won't be released past the first phases is absurd.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: February 14, 2016
Poll
Do I go to The Streets tomorrow night?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.