The Student Room Group

Surgery that could allow trans women to have children of their own...

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Original post by Trapz99
Gender dysphoria doesn't exist in my opinion. I know it's a recognised disorder and all but it is not recognised by everyone as a disorder.

gender dysphoria does exist. Do you think an individual would go through so much **** in life and abuse because they want to be the opposite gender. As if people who are diagonised with gender dysphoria do it for a joke. Do you know the amount of crap transgender people have to go through and you think it's somewhat of a choice?
Original post by loveleest
gender dysphoria does exist. Do you think an individual would go through so much **** in life and abuse because theg want to be the opposite gender. As if people who are diagonised with gender dysphoria do it for a joke. Do you know the amount of crap transgender people have yo go through and you think it's somewhat of a choice?

No, I think it's a choice. Let's end this discussion now and agree to disagree.
Reply 22
I am not sure that I am comfortable with this. With every scientific breakthrough comes new risks. What are the risks for the foetus here?

Additionally, will men be able to refer themselves for this procedure? What will the societal stigma of being birthed by your dad be like I wonder.
Original post by Trapz99
No, I think it's a choice. Let's end this discussion now and agree to disagree.

In other words, you want to shelter yourself in ignorance instead of facing up to the truth presented to you.
It's genuinely excellent news. This would mean that transgender women become fertile, this would put to rest any of the childish 'you're not a real woman, you don't have ovaries' arguments.
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by Miracle Day
In other words, you want to shelter yourself in ignorance instead of facing up to the truth presented to you.

No. I am not being ignorant. Now let's stop arguing about it.
Disgusting and playing God.
Please no.
Original post by BefuddledPenguin
It's genuinely excellent news. This would mean that transgender women become fertile, this would put to rest any of the childish 'your not a real woman, you don't have ovaries' arguments.

So people are forced to be in a relationship with them.
Original post by donutellme

What does this even mean?
Reply 30
Original post by Tom.x.Gotze

Ask God why he created people with gender dysphoria.
Brilliant news, great to hear this kind of medical breakthrough is likely to happen in my lifetime!

'Oh no, this lady I hate has ovaries! Now I've got no choice but to marry them!'

...relationships don't usually work like that.
Original post by Tom.x.Gotze

Just fixing his mistakes

But I take it when you are ill you just pray and don't use things like the doctors or science to help heal yourself.....
Disgusting and shows how far human society is falling. No matter what you do you will never change someone born male into a female, they will still have the male set of chromosomes in every cell of their body. Next we will have gay guys asking to get pregnant and what not.
Original post by digistar_100
Disgusting and shows how far human society is falling. No matter what you do you will never change someone born male into a female, they will still have the male set of chromosomes in every cell of their body. Next we will have gay guys asking to get pregnant and what not.

You're right, the fact that I have male chromosomes in every cell of my body means that I must conform to the archetypal male in every aspect of what I do.

Imagine the bullying in the school playground...'Your mum has male chromosomes' :wink:
I know right

'the faithful' always lecture people about how much better they are and how their 'prophet of choice' teaches peace and tolerance yet we see replies on threads like this that would make a Nazi stand up and applaud

This is the first time I've ever seen you post something so ridiculous on this site. Extremely surprised and disappointed.
Original post by Blue_Mason
I do not see in why a trans woman should be given the right to conceive, as it goes against nature

Ah the old "appeal to nature argument". If you care to ever become less ignorant in the way you form your opinions you may want to look it up.
Original post by JBLondon
You're right, the fact that I have male chromosomes in every cell of my body means that I must conform to the archetypal male in every aspect of what I do.

Imagine the bullying in the school playground...'Your mum has male chromosomes' :wink:

"Must conform"..this is the problem, people these days take their liberties too easily and want to be rebels. Nature makes people the way they are intended to be, suddenly deciding they feel conciously they are different is where the problem arises, purely mental. Now that society condones this rather than discourage well see people changing races and even species next because they want to rebel.
It doesn't take much.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending