Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

Rutgers students smear fake blood on themselves to protest Breitbart’s Milo Yiannopou watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MildredMalone)
    Not only did they create extra unnecessary work for the cleaning staff, they also just made themselves look like idiots. Did they have any to actually say?

They pulled the stunt right before the Q&A session, where they could have raised their undoubtably well thought out arguments and points, and engaged Milo directly. But no. They knew that they'd stand no chance, as they are idiots with no substance
    I was responding to the charge that somehow this is against free speech. As I said, it is not. Whether you think it had "substance" is not the point.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by whorace)
    It's quite funny actually, while the left complains about everything wrong about Europe and the US it has done nothing to support actual libertarian politics in say, Kurdistan where there is currently an interesting experiment in direct democracy taking place.

They are nothing more than attention seeking children.
    And while the right does the exact same thing, they ignore great things about other countries that aren't really relevant to their lives too. Funny thing, that - people commenting mostly on countries that affect them more. I wonder why that is...

ReputationRep:
    Freedom of speech is BS anyway

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by KimKallstrom)
    What do you mean?
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rojava

I wonder how many leftists even care? It's only exactly like the Spanish Civil War, without the communists, which the other leftists ruined.

ReputationRep:
    The cracks are really starting to show in the multicultural machine.. quite alarming really, seeing the US become so polarised so swiftly :erm:

ReputationRep:
    You'll notice how the posters on this thread have no idea what left-wing politics is, and just think it is *****y SJW's, most of whom are incompetent loonies who don't know they are contradicting themselves half the time.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by FauxIntellectual)
    I don't understand what the problem is. They call their fellow students and especially the university not to support this clown and the ridiculous website he works for. They didn't bring the force of the state on him. They didn't censor him. They didn't force other students to join them.

If Kent Hovind was giving a lecture at my uni, I'd be greatly disappointed and probably ask the uni not to invite him again. Milo's similar.
    I don't know anything about this guy.

Why is he a clown and why is the website ridiculous?

What has he said that is so objectionable?

ReputationRep:
    Oh no, their poor feelings!
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by scrotgrot)
    Video taken from the event showed the protesters smearing fake blood all over themselves. They then started chanting “Black lives matter” and Yiannopoulossupporters countered by chanting “Trump.”

I would like to see this in the House of Commons

I don’t know why you are all so obsessed with this Milo chap all of a sudden, I suppose I would be on his "side" but he does sound quite detestable
    Entirely because he's a mug but he has his facts straight. A self admitted provocateur he is an admittedly slightly sad banner which those in favour of freedom of speech can rally behind. He says some very on point stuff and some lunatic ramblings but he represents the most organised opposition to SJW/Feminist/Leftist censorship, no platforming and generally being [email protected] One of the few people (aside from protein world, props to those guys) who wont capitulate to the ridiculous screaming of self righteous harridans and he deserves respect for trying to keep a principle alive even if his actual opinions are often mad. He is pretty bang on with feminist SJW or gay issues but has really odd views about politics and the nature of such and its refreshing to have someone in the public space prepared to risk a considerable amount to protect a crucial right. He's not exactly ghandi dont get me wrong but he represents an important part of society as a whole. Also watching him make ideologues brains explode is hilarious

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Craig1998)
    You'll notice how the posters on this thread have no idea what left-wing politics is, and just think it is *****y SJW's, most of whom are incompetent loonies who don't know they are contradicting themselves half the time.
    It's a pretty fine distinction to me. Whether SJWs or no the mainstream left are authoritarians and belong in the bin.

ReputationRep:
    I bet those idiots banged on about "privilidge" on tumblr, but what is more block-headedly privilidged than making a disgusting mess you have no intention of clearing up?

ReputationRep:
    He is so bloody handsome

Anyway, we've put up with quite enough nonsense from the regressive left, it's time for a crackdown methinks.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: February 19, 2016
Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.