The Student Room Group

Which degree is better? (Financial Career)

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Original post by AstarAstarA
Depending on the course content. I believe one can in this instance. AI is one of the most sought after fields in finance and general technology. The course is really worth it for the masters year with Artificial Intelligence. Economics postgraduate isn't really necessary in this case, whereas the AI year is. That's why I'm contemplating either the 4 years MSc (for the AI) or Economics BSc

Re-read my post about G700

THIS is the course you want - not the MSc:
https://www.imperial.ac.uk/study/ug/courses/computing-department/computing-artificial-intelligence/
Original post by jneill
Because you have. You mean the MEng, not MSc. An MSc is 1 year.

This is the course you want (MEng G700)
https://www.imperial.ac.uk/study/ug/courses/computing-department/computing-artificial-intelligence/

Obviously that means studying CS for 3 years prior to the Masters in AI. A total of 4 years. Some apply to do this as a 4 year commitment(MEn), others choose the PG later(MSc)

Stop being so pedantic
Reply 22
Obviously that means studying CS for 3 years prior to the Masters in AI. A total of 4 years. Some apply to do this as a 4 year commitment(MEn), others choose the PG later(MSc)

Stop being so pedantic

No the MEng is not the same as a BSc (or BEng) + MSc
Your student funding is different for one thing.

If you want to do well in IB (or engineering for that matter @Duncan2012 ) you need be careful with the details. It's not being pedantic, it's being correct.

You're welcome.
Go ahead and apply for Computer Science [MSc] (Artificial Intelligence) as per your OP. Don't complain to us when you get laughed out of the room. Seriously, you've been given some excellent advice in this thread by people who have MEng's and MSc's and more, and people have pointed out errors you've made and how to correct them. It's up to you but you really should take the points on board. It's the internet so people don't really expect any thanks. Just don't be an arrogant pr*ck.

As @jneill says, you're welcome.
Reply 24
@AstarAstarA also note the course overview of the 4th year of the MEng seems significantly different to the MSc.

Again, they are not the same course.

MSc Computing (AI)

Spoiler

4th Year of MEng Computing (AI)

Spoiler

Now as to whether a BSc or BEng/MEng is better for IB I'll refer you back to @Princepieman (and the answer was, it doesn't matter).
(edited 8 years ago)
Where's the button to delete this thread?
Reply 26
Where's the button to delete this thread?

You can't.

Learn.

Move on.

:smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending