Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

Is £10,000 a lot of money to you? watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by liquity)
    It wouldn't necessarily be life changing but I would definitely take it because it's still a good bit of money. Could buy a decent car with it or go on a pretty nice holiday or just have one massive TREAT YO SELF day
    Not really. £10K?

ReputationRep:
    I'd probably be forced to save most of it, I mean it'd be nice to have but it wouldn't be life changing in the slightest. Would make me more comfortable at uni though which would be good.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Not really. It'd only get me through 1/5 years of uni

ReputationRep:
    Definitely, id give half to my family and the rest would go towards university

ReputationRep:
    Right now it would be handy for me and life changing as in it would get me out of a few holes at the mo but it wouldn't be life changing where it would buy me a better house which would be the ultimate for me. It would certainly help my current situation though.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Wouldn't turn my nose up at it.

ReputationRep:
    Yes £10,000 is a lot of money to me, but then I grew up dirt poor.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by FauxIntellectual)
    Not really. £10K?
    My idea of a decent car is probably different from yours. I'm not thinking lambo I'm thinking fairly small but nice Audi or something

ReputationRep:
    For me, £10,000 is a nice to have but it's not really life-changing or anything like that. It's like 1/4 of a housing deposit.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    It wouldn't be life changing but it'd make me very happy.
    • Section Leader

ReputationRep:
    Section Leader
    I only have that much to show for my 4-5 years of saving, so wouldn't turn down a chance to instantly double it! It's a lot of money for me, though only life-changing insofar as (when combined with existing savings) it would allow me to move somewhere else and live in relative comfort for a year or more, even if I failed to find work there.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by liquity)
    My idea of a decent car is probably different from yours. I'm not thinking lambo I'm thinking fairly small but nice Audi or something
    I'm not interested in cars and wouldn't mind driving a bucket. But I don' think you get a "nice" Audi for £10K.

ReputationRep:
    Yes, £10k is an awful lot of money. It's enough for a deposit on a decent sized house up where I live.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by FauxIntellectual)
    I'm not interested in cars and wouldn't mind driving a bucket. But I don' think you get a "nice" Audi for £10K.
    Well at the moment I drive a 2001 Ford Fiesta so yes I could probably get a nicer car than mine for £10k don't you think? And you're forgetting I don't have to buy a brand new one like damn what's the point

ReputationRep:
    um.....not that much. if you had a house and htat was all u had u wouldnt last it even if u brought tesco everyday value stuff

ReputationRep:
    No.

Regards,

Ronnie O'sullivan

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by CreamyChocolate)
    £10,000 is a lot of money to some people, but to others it is merely the price of a meal at an expensive restaurant.

How would £10,000 change your life?

How rich do you need to be for £10,000 to be like pocket change?
    £10 is alot to me lol
    • Aston Villa FC Supporter

ReputationRep:
    Aston Villa FC Supporter
    (Original post by Shiv is Light)
    £10 is alot to me lol
    Oh yeah, you owe me £1.50

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kyx)
    Oh yeah, you owe me £1.50
    You're really close to getting blocked
    • Aston Villa FC Supporter

ReputationRep:
    Aston Villa FC Supporter
    (Original post by Shiv is Light)
    You're really close to getting blocked
    Doesn't make you un-owe me

Poll
Do you like carrot cake?
Useful resources
AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.