Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JubilationXXV)
    Do you think that we judge ourselves more harshly?
    Yeah probably the case, I've known a lot of people I've considered good-looking who are a bit critical of themselves. I guess because we only see things from our perspective, we have a bit of victim complex where we think there's some sort of world conspiracy about us to make us feel better. But actually nobody really cares and thinks you look normal.

ReputationRep:
    Are the compliments from people who you don't know very well? Are thosr complimentd on your apparence? If yes to both of these, then no you are not "ugly" but then again, beauty is subjective.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dinasaurus)
    It does - the ugly proper tend to be far more lenient when rating each other.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Not my point haha
    Don't necessarily have to compliment someone to get with them

ReputationRep:
    Look in a mirror, if it cracks....you're ugly.

ReputationRep:
    Be grateful for the compliments you get and stop moaning. That looks worse typed but I mean just accept the compliments because you deserve them.

Even if you were ugly then there's no way you can change that unless you have a face surgery or something which I strongly doubt you will.

Basically you just have to accept yourself for who you are and convince yourself you are better.
    Don't let people define you; define yourself.
    Gain confidence in your skin. People will find you pretty only if you find yourself pretty first.
    Looking around, guys don't always go for the prettiest girls and some are descent enough to understand inner beauty.
    Ok enough of the lecture, i admit it's easier said than done.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by loveleest)
    Are the compliments from people who you don't know very well? Are thosr complimentd on your apparence? If yes to both of these, then no you are not "ugly" but then again, beauty is subjective.
    It's a mix of both, strangers and colleagues.

ReputationRep:
    I rarely in my life ever gotten compliments from outsiders, so you know you;re not as ugly as you think if you;re receiving compliments from people who aren't your family without begging for them.

ReputationRep:
    If you can't even look at your face, you're ugly. However, if you can, you are not ugly

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Has a teacher ever helped you cheat?
    Useful resources
    Bizarre things students have spent their loans onThings you should budget for at uni

Sponsored features:

Making money from your own website

Need some cash?

How to make money running your own website.

Bianca Miller, runner-up on The Apprentice

Handle your digital footprint

What would an employer find out about you on Google? Find out how to take control.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.